PDA

View Full Version : Top pair decent kicker on a monotone flop

12-30-2005, 03:03 AM
I'm not sure if I'm playing these types of hands correctly. Table seemed mostly passive and straightforward.
I'm pretty sure the preflop call is pretty loose and not recommended, but I felt like I had a good handle on the table at the time. I'm mostly concerned about the flop, and if anyone recommends just letting it go there. Please reply with any comments though, I welcome them all.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

12-30-2005, 03:14 AM
I'm fine with the preflop limp. Flop and turn look good. River looks like a value bet is in order.

12-30-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River looks like a value bet is in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think the hand is fine, but I disagree with your recommendation of a value bet. We are also up aganinst an overcaller here, so I think the check behind on the UI river is fine.

I think it is likely that at least one of them has a str8 or flush (not the nuts tho, hence the reason why they are willing to call our bets but not raise). So, we can probably beat a bluffer here, but not a bluffer and a caller.

istewart
12-30-2005, 05:13 AM
Call the flop and see what the turn brings. Bet the river as well.