PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 7/31, The Day of Judgement.

jek187
07-29-2003, 08:20 PM
From ProFreedom.com

We need your help! After nearly a month of quiet, those trying to ban Internet gambling have officially restarted their efforts, this time in the U.S. Senate. On Thursday, July 31st, the Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee will vote on the bill, S. 627, the so-called Unlawful Internet Gambling Funding Prohibition Act.

We need your help. This is one of our last chances to keep the government's hands off the Internet. After the House of Representatives passed this bill a month ago, we need to make our voices heard. We need to contact our Senators and tell them to vote against this bill.

Please log on to http://www.profreedom.com to send a letter and be sure to tell everyone you know to send one too!

I got this today. I have already wrote my senators and done the profreedom form. I encourage everyone else to do so or else it could be the end of our wonderful fish fry.

dux
07-30-2003, 01:18 AM
Us internationals have our fingers crossed. The laws that stop American's easy access to online gambling affect us almost as much as it does to Americans themselves (I said almost). The lack of players in the cardrooms hurt everybody.

Good luck and make your voice heard.

jek187
07-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Does anyone here know when during the day this vote will take place? Also, is there some sort of real time reporting for votes on the Net somewhere? (Kinda like a political scoreboard or something.) Thanks for any info, I'm on pins and needles here.