PDA

View Full Version : Stop-and-go in-the-dark hand

Tommy Angelo
07-29-2003, 05:47 PM
The game was as it always is, turbulent yet unchanging, like the wind, like the waves.

$20-40 at LC's. I got pocket aces in the small blind. No one raised before or after I did. Five players to the flop. I bet the flop in the dark. The flop came J-8-8 rainbow. The big blind raised. The next player called. All folded back to me.

It was threehanded. There were four chips in front of me. The big blind had eight chips out, as did the third player. I said, "I call, and I bet the turn in the dark." I put out three more stacks of four chips each, one next to the existing stack, and the other two a couple inches from those, as my turn bet.

Without touching any chips, the dealer cautiously rapped the table, indicating that the flop betting was finished and here comes the turn card. The big blind yipped. "Wait!" he said.

The dealer then gathered the flop bets into the pot, eight chips from each of us, leaving eight chips in front of me. The dealer gestured at my area and said to the big blind, "He bet the turn in the dark." The big blind indicated by expression that he now understood the situation. His condition changed from panic, at the thought that the pot was somehow short or that he had missed a raise with his trip eights, to tranquility, as he realized that someone had just bet smack into his monster.

The turn was a blank. The big blind raised. The third guy called. I folded. The river was a seven. The big blind bet, the other guy raised, the big blind cryingcalled while he flapped an eight around. The other guy showed 10-9 for a straight and tipped five bucks.

Tommy

Sooga
07-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Sounds like you would have benefitted from folding those aces preflop.

cferejohn
07-29-2003, 06:13 PM
Hee hee.

That was a great article btw Tommy.