PDA

View Full Version : preflop decision

DrSavage
07-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Party 3/6.
I have 55 in small blind. Weak/tight player in mid position raises. By tight i mean that he's likely to have a group 1-3 hand and by weak i mean that he's unlikely (have not seen him do that) to raise on flop-river unless he has at least top pair / overpair. It get's folded to me. I 3-bet with intention of betting out on a flop and folding to a raise (unless i hit trips of course).
Question :
Is this play very good/very bad/ close call?

lil'
07-29-2003, 05:34 PM
You are either a small favorite or a big underdog. Add the fact that you are out of position here and you can fold.

rkiray
07-29-2003, 05:37 PM
Against a tight player I would fold it every time.

GuyOnTilt
07-29-2003, 06:43 PM
I agree with lil. Heads-up you're either a small favorite or a big dog. That alone is enough to make it an easy fold. Against a tight player, it's even easier.

onegymrat
07-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Dr. Savage,
If he's a tight player, his raise will probably mean a very strong hand which totally dominates 5-5. It's a clear fold preflop. Unless, the player is a chronic raiser who raises with even junk, then three-bet, with hopes he'll cap to go headsup with him. I think the odds are 23 to 1 against you flopping a set, and even then, he may flop a bigger one. Lay it down and wait for the next hand.

orbie
07-29-2003, 07:10 PM
I'm learning to be more dicsplined in letting go of dominated hands and it's paying off. It also gives the player less oppotunity to capitalize on his good hand.

bernie
07-29-2003, 07:56 PM
im not really into isolating tight raisers with 55.

b