PDA

View Full Version : IPod Dilemma

goofball
12-29-2005, 08:48 PM
So I go to best buy to get my girlfriend an ipod nano for christmas. I buy it, rush to pick her up at the airport, go home, wrap it etc. We open it up to find out that it's not an ipod nano but the much more expensive ipod video.

To tell or not to tell, that is the question?

KneeCo
12-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Haha dude, you messed up.
Didn't notice when you paid?? Didn't notice when you wrapped it???!!!

Dug your own grave on this one, too late to catch it now, hope you at least got creadit for the kickass gift.

ilya
12-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Consider it your holiday present from the folks at Best Buy. Besides, the video one isn't THAT much more expensive....it's only a $50-$100 difference depending on which nano model you're comparing to.

emonrad87
12-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Wait.. did you accidentally buy the more expensive one and are asking whether to tell the girlfriend, or did best buy give you an ipod video inside of an ipod nano's box?

12-29-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait.. did you accidentally buy the more expensive one and are asking whether to tell the girlfriend, or did best buy give you an ipod video inside of an ipod nano's box?

[/ QUOTE ]

goofball
12-29-2005, 09:12 PM
I paid for the ipod nano, there were 3 of being helped at the same time, and the girl handed me an ipod video. It was in an ipod video box but I, assuming she was competent, didn't look carefully at the box either then or when wrapping it or when opening the box, and it was only after opning the box and holding the physical device that we realized I'd paid for the nano but been handed the video.

vulturesrow
12-30-2005, 12:50 AM
Howd you pay for it? This is an important question, do you see why? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT: Forgot to say, my answer is to tell.

tdarko
12-30-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I paid for the ipod nano, there were 3 of being helped at the same time, and the girl handed me an ipod video. It was in an ipod video box but I, assuming she was competent, didn't look carefully at the box either then or when wrapping it or when opening the box, and it was only after opning the box and holding the physical device that we realized I'd paid for the nano but been handed the video.

[/ QUOTE ]
ummm, so whats the dilemma? you paid for an ipod nano and got a free upgrade and you are basically wondering about the morality of it all correct?

no dilemma. take the credit and take the sex.

12-30-2005, 01:23 AM
Cindy,

I only meant to spend $150 on you, so don't you dare start expecting $300 gifts from me. Its only cuz Best Buy [censored] up that you got this damn expensive Ipod Video... I really only wanted to get you an [censored] ipod SHUFFLE. Lucky bitch.

Love,
goofball

tdarko
12-30-2005, 01:28 AM
cindy,

you like the ipod video baby? good cause i felt that we needed to start buying each other gifts like these for b-days and such, you know to show how we really feel about each other...

accept all forms of sex that night, then accept all gifts---then break up with her

pwning,

~td

12-30-2005, 01:38 AM
td,

obviously that's the proper play.

what kind of MORAN would tell his gf that he really meant to buy her a present that cost less than the one he actually got her? that's akin to self castration.

though... do you really think an ipod video leads to anal? cuz i sure hope she's giving it up liberally if he planned to give her an ipod - and a $300 piece of electronic equipment seldom has ANAL INVADER stamped on it.

now, $300 shiny jewelry...

that's another story.

pwned,
yasher

tdarko
12-30-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i bought from Tiffany & Co. for this Christmas...

12-30-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i bought from Tiffany & Co. for this Christmas...

[/ QUOTE ]

goofball
12-30-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i bought from Tiffany & Co. for this year's anniversary which was ~1 month ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

also, the tell/don't tell is in regards to best buy

12-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Oh, hell, you're asking if you should tell Best Buy?

No. And its not close.

Lucky bastard /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Prime Time
12-30-2005, 08:47 AM
I voted tell because, I like the nano better.
Use it everyday working out, and can't see myself using the heavier video model after being use to the nano. I have the arm strap for it and it's awesome lifting and performing cardio. The 4GB holds 1K songs, more than enough for me.
The upside of the video is 30 to 60GB of space but the compromise of size is not enough for me as I don’t care about video.