PDA

View Full Version : Can I get him to lay this down?

ResidentParanoid
07-29-2003, 01:54 PM
LL online table, loose pre-flop. But table is tightening up postflop, with many hands ending without a showdown.

I have 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB.

Preflop: 4 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, fold, button calls, I complete, BB checks.

Flop is Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif : Checked to button, who bets, I try to isolate with a raise, MP1 calls 2 (doh), MP2 folds, button calls.

Turn is K/images/graemlins/heart.gif [Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] : Checked to me, what do you do now? What do you think so far?

Correction: I'm first to act on the turn.

CrackerZack
07-29-2003, 01:58 PM
I think I can't understand how its checked to you in the SB on the turn. when MP calls cold two things could happen... your bluff could have no chance anymore, or MP could be on a draw and the button could realize the pot is protected and a bet on the turn could make him muck. Personally I think you're "bluff" is in trouble.

J.R.
07-29-2003, 02:03 PM
I would fold the flop, as there aren't that many draws the button could be semi-bluffing, you are behind not only to top and second pair but to most 3rd pair hands as well, and you have given no indication the button is aggressive and bets hands that 3rd pair beats here or that the button is weak-tight when check-raised on the flop. When MP coldcalls, bells go off in my head. I check-fold on the turn given your flop play.

ResidentParanoid
07-29-2003, 02:04 PM
You are right, I'm first to act. Do you check-fold, check call, bet out, or check-raise?

ResidentParanoid
07-29-2003, 02:09 PM
My spidey-sense was tingling on the flop as far at the button having a legit hand. Hoping to bump him off his draw, or underpair. MP calling 2 obviously was not part of the plan. So you give up here?

J.R.
07-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Yup, because the MP's flop play is 1) uber-fishy, so he will call or 2) he has a big hand being slow-played. I suppose there is some chance the button might fold and MP has nothing and will not improve to beat you, but I don't like the odds on that parlay.

MaxPower
07-29-2003, 02:40 PM
You question should really be, "Can I get myself to lay my hand down?

Don't try to get tricky in these multiway pots.

ResidentParanoid
07-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Board so far K/images/graemlins/heart.gif [ Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] .

If I'm not willing to bet the turn, I shouldn't have raised the flop. I bet it. MP folds (hooray!) Button calls. I'm back on plan.

River is the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. OK, what now?

J.R.
07-29-2003, 03:38 PM
Bet, since a button fold is the only way you win (unless the button has 76 or is an uber-calling station nimwit) and bluff check-raises on the river never seem to work out for me. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ResidentParanoid
07-29-2003, 03:44 PM
I rule out check-raise on the river: Don't think that has any chance of working.

slavic
07-29-2003, 03:45 PM
At this point fire that last barrel. hopefully he had 67, T7, AT, 22 or something else he won't call with.

ResidentParanoid
07-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Pot is 15.5 BB. I bet the river, button folds.

Is this sequence a fishy play, or is it worth trying in the right situation?