PDA

View Full Version : $55: I raise preflop, 2 callers + allin BB (shortstacked). I miss flop

AA suited
12-29-2005, 11:30 AM
PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

HERO (t2415)
CO (t2285)
Button (t3930)
SB (t1325)
BB (t45)

Preflop: HERO is in UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="red">HERO raises t400</font>, CO calls t400, Button calls t400, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Flop: (t1425) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)
HERO? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Button is a donk. He'll call preflop with any connector (even 3 gap), any 2 suited cards, or any single facecard. and he got lucky several times to become bigstack.

no read on co.

my thoughts were 1/2pot continuation bet, check it down, or all in to buy the pot.

What's your move on the flop, and why?

Sykes
12-29-2005, 11:39 AM
All-in seems like a fine play.

tigerite
12-29-2005, 11:42 AM
I'd check personally.

Vuron00
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sykes
12-29-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Doesn't it seem like we have the best hand?

Are we check/folding this?

Seems like a good pot going to waste when we have a decent hand and a decent size pot (giving us 1/2 addition to our stack if we push and they fold).

Basically what we need is for button not to wake up with A5/K5/K2/Q2/Q5/J5/J2, and CO to have a hand like 55+ for us to get called.

12-29-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

tigerite
12-29-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Seems like a good pot going to waste when we have a decent hand and a decent size pot (giving us 1/2 addition to our stack if we push and they fold).

Basically what we need is for button not to wake up with A5/K5/K2/Q2/Q5/J5/J2, and CO to have a hand like 55+ for us to get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't like a cont bet here, the flop is too dry, two opponents, a guy all-in (albeit for a tiny amount), SB on 8BB, bubble after this hand, us with 15BB, plenty of poker to play still, and no need to risk pissing away chips.

Sykes
12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't like a cont bet here, the flop is too dry, two opponents, a guy all-in (albeit for a tiny amount), SB on 8BB, bubble after this hand, us with 15BB, plenty of poker to play still, and no need to risk pissing away chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I think the most +EV play is to push. If anyone would like to work out the math between all-in and check/fold, it would be much appreciated.

tigerite
12-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah but then you said on another post you would call ATo on the bubble if your opponent flipped TT-KK face up, when you need to be a 53% favourite to call, so I really am not sure your "feelings" are going to be anything like correct.

Sykes
12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but then you said on another post you would call ATo on the bubble if your opponent flipped TT-KK face up, when you need to be a 53% favourite to call, so I really am not sure your "feelings" are going to be anything like correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my follow-up post. I took it to an extreme. Also, nice way to take my post out of context and then troll me in another post.

tigerite
12-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Well I don't see how pushing a flop into two opponents - one of whom is known to be very loose anyway - is going to be +$EV when we have 14BB behind, a guy on less than 1BB already all in on this flop and a guy on 8BB and the bubble next hand? If the situation after this hand were different, I might agree. It just seems that the future position will be much better than risking it all with AJ on a 522r flop here.

Vuron00
12-29-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands do you put CO and Button on? The 2 stacks that can cripple or eliminate you flat called your UTG raise with position. I think it's likely that one of both have a small-mid PP and will call your push in this situation.

To answer your questions, I don't think we have the best hand here, and I would probably check/fold and still be in great shape for bubble play. You can't make a decent CB without committing yourself and I don't like a push here with 2 big stacks behind me.

12-29-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I don't see how pushing a flop into two opponents - one of whom is known to be very loose anyway - is going to be +$EV when we have 14BB behind, a guy on less than 1BB already all in on this flop and a guy on 8BB and the bubble next hand? If the situation after this hand were different, I might agree. It just seems that the future position will be much better than risking it all with AJ on a 522r flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on !

12-29-2005, 01:51 PM
I prefer check-fold myself. Seems to me that most hands that have you beat would call you and most hands that you have beat will fold. Not good.