PDA

View Full Version : KK vs scary board

caggin
12-29-2005, 10:14 AM
First hand, so no reads:

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero (poster) raises</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="red">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ...?

-Call down cuz people might be drawing to flush and/or raising pair+draw?
-Fold cuz there's no way I'm ahead of both BB &amp; MP1 and I'm drawing dead?
-What would you do if BB had folded the turn?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12-29-2005, 10:24 AM
i'd fold
the pot is too small + BB usually play with bad hands, mp1 called on the flop and is raising now so he probably had a straight draw on the flop.
the pot is not worth the risk.

12-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Assuming the BB doesn't re-raise it I'd check/call and unless the 9 hit the river check/call again. The pot is going to be big enough by the river to justify 2 more bets. I think you'll see one pair or a flush draw enough to make the calls.

12-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Grunch

I'd fold here. pot isn't large enough to call down in the hopes of still being best after the river. Even spiking a King may not help if your drawing dead.

bozlax
12-29-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch

I'd fold here. pot isn't large enough to call down in the hopes of still being best after the river. Even spiking a King may not help if your drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. By definition if you're drawing dead spiking a king won't help you.

12-29-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold. By definition if you're drawing dead spiking a king won't help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, guess I could have said that more clearly. Was trying to say just that. Even spiking a king won't help if you're drawing dead.