PDA

View Full Version : Soda or Pop ???

12-29-2005, 04:06 AM
I get into arguments about this with my roommates, which do you call it?

12-29-2005, 04:09 AM
I call it pop, I think people from the south call it soda. When the hell did these names come from anyways?

12-29-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I call it pop, I think people from the south call it soda. When the hell did these names come from anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Soda pop maybe?

12-29-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Soda pop maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah most likely, im a little upset that soda is winning right now

12-29-2005, 04:16 AM
Down here no one says pop. Pop just sounds weird to me. Actually down here most people call every soda Coke even if it isn't. Pepsi, Sprite, Dr. Pepper... they all call it Coke.

gmrankin
12-29-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Down here no one says pop. Pop just sounds weird to me. Actually down here most people call every soda Coke even if it isn't. Pepsi, Sprite, Dr. Pepper... they all call it Coke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all coke. I was about to say that...

siccjay
12-29-2005, 04:18 AM
I call it by the brand name usually. People say both around here equally as much. The brothas say pop more I think.

12-29-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well wtf, that isn't one of the choices. I had no idea people just call it Coke. but mmmmMMMmmmm Dr. Pepper is so good, once drank a 2 liter of it after baseball practice in a disgusting small amount of time.

12-29-2005, 04:21 AM
If I want a Coke, I say "Coke."

If I want a Pepsi, I say "Pepsi."

If I want a Dr Pepper, I say "Dr Pepper."

etc, etc, etc.

SackUp
12-29-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all coke. I was about to say that...

[/ QUOTE ]

CheckRaise
12-29-2005, 04:25 AM
Up here in the northland we call it pop. That's pretty odd that you guys just call it coke.

12-29-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

etc, etc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if you want to say, "I wonder what type of _____ they have." Would you say Soda or Pop? Obviously, saying "I wonder what type of Mr. Pibb they have" doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I say soda, btw.

emonrad87
12-29-2005, 04:29 AM
All of the above.

12-29-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But what if you want to say, "I wonder what type of POP they have." Would you say Soda or Pop? Obviously, saying "I wonder what type of Mr. Pibb they have" doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I say soda, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-29-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

etc, etc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if you want to say, "I wonder what type of _____ they have." Would you say Soda or Pop? Obviously, saying "I wonder what type of Mr. Pibb they have" doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I say soda, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

My life is too fast paced for a waitress to rattle off the soda types.

"Can I get a Dr Pepper?"

"We don't have Dr. Pepper."

"Mr Pibb?"

"Nope."

"Sprite?"

"Nope."

"Mountain Dew?"

"Nope."

"Big Red?"

"Nope."

*Pause*

"Water."

kyro
12-29-2005, 04:39 AM
My girlfriend says pop. Everytime she does, I feel like punching her in the mouth. But if I did that, I wouldn't really be able to make out with her because her mouth would be all bloody.

So...I guess what I'm trying to say is, soda.

SmileyPSU
12-29-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend says pop. Everytime she does, I feel like punching her in the mouth. But if I did that, I wouldn't really be able to make out with her because her mouth would be all bloody.

So...I guess what I'm trying to say is, soda.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet you grew up east of Centre County, and are excited about January 3.

BTW, did you hear anything about Dan Connor being suspended/inactive for the game?

12-29-2005, 04:57 AM
If you are interested in this type of stuff, look here (http://cfprod01.imt.uwm.edu/Dept/FLL/linguistics/dialect/maps.html). Check it out, its really neat. Scroll down do the 60s+ and it gets more interesting.

GoblinMason (Craig)
12-29-2005, 05:00 AM
Since your name is "IlliniLou" and your loc is "University of Illinois" you really should be calling it pop.

12-29-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Up here in the northland we call it pop. That's pretty odd that you guys just call it coke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hate when people say "What kind of Coke do you want" or "What flavor of Coke do you want?"

Say soda you tool! Even pop is acceptable.

I'm convinced that these people are mildly retarded.

12-29-2005, 05:07 AM
http://cfprod01.imt.uwm.edu/Dept/FLL/linguistics/dialect/staticmaps/q_105.html

12-29-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling "sweetened carbonated beverages" all coke is a hispanic thing.

Maulik
12-29-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I call it by the brand name

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to label Pepsi a soda, its sugary water. Furthermore, I do not drink Pepsi, its Coke or Coca-Cola.

12-29-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who the hell calls it "dope" ??

BCPVP
12-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Here in Wisconsin, we have several facebook groups existing for the sole purpose of proclaiming that it is indeed soda, not pop. Same for bubbler.

Rootabager
12-29-2005, 05:46 AM
Everyone in the south says Coke. Everything is a Coke no matter what brand of variety.

dblgutshot
12-29-2005, 07:02 AM
All pop in Canada. Only hear people say soda on TV.

d10
12-29-2005, 07:05 AM
I've never seen this poll posted on OOT before, or any other message board for that matter!

The map already posted answers everything about this question.

uw_madtown
12-29-2005, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here in Wisconsin, we have several facebook groups existing for the sole purpose of proclaiming that it is indeed pop, not soda. Same for bubbler.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.popvssoda.com/countystats/total-county.html

Just because Milwaukee calls it soda does not make it so. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Oh, and it's not a bubbler. Nor is it a water fountain. It is a drinking fountain, please spread the goddamn word.

mrkilla
12-29-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and it's not a bubbler. Nor is it a water fountain. It is a drinking fountain, please spread the goddamn word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had Cherry coke come out of any WATER fountain I ever drank from..thus why its a Water Fountain...

pokerdirty
12-29-2005, 10:04 AM
http://www.popvssoda.com/

samjjones
12-29-2005, 10:13 AM
What is the difference between Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb? Aren't they essentially the same?

chesspain
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
I thought that saying "pop" was an affectation afflicted upon those who grew up shoveling out from under lake-effect snow.

mrkilla
12-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Whelp, not entirely but yes, they are both a Coca Cola brand but Mr Pibb has a more "cherry" flavor so they say...

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

samjjones
12-29-2005, 10:18 AM
I've never seen Mr. Pibb sold above, say, Georgia. They certainly do not sell it in the NY/NJ area. The few times I've had it I've enjoyed it, though.

TomBrooks
12-29-2005, 10:19 AM
The guy that invented carbonated beverages is buried about half a mile from here. I think he called it soda.

mrkilla
12-29-2005, 10:19 AM
YOu can find it upstate sometimes, above Albany, platssburg area's etc. Rare though . I've also seen it in Buffalo/Niagara Falls on occasion

Shajen
12-29-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the difference between Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb? Aren't they essentially the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a long time connoisseur of Dr Pepper, I indignantly submit they are not even close to the same thing. Pibb has a different finish.

Is coke and pepsi the same thing?

samjjones
12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Certainly not. Again, I haven't had the Pibb in years (since they do not sell it in NYC), so I by no means can speak authoritatively on it.

uw_madtown
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had Cherry coke come out of any WATER fountain I ever drank from..thus why its a Water Fountain...

[/ QUOTE ]

WATER FOUNTAIN
http://www.caleuche.com/Chile/Imagenes/Santiago/102-0267_IMG_2.JPG
http://www.eleganza.com/media/fountains/Mod1231-fontana-felicita-m.jpg

DRINKING FOUNTAIN
http://www.ggy.uga.edu/facilities/fountain/cooler.jpg
http://www.drinking-fountain.net/images/p8ac.jpg

Shajen
12-29-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Certainly not. Again, I haven't had the Pibb in years (since they do not sell it in NYC), so I by no means can speak authoritatively on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I had some misplaced anger:

"I'd like a number 2, regular sized, with a Dr Pepper please."

"Is Pibb ok?"

"uh, make it a coke please."

GAWDDAMNIT. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

mrkilla
12-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Maybe a Garden Water Fountain and Water Drinking Fountain, we can compromise, but I still say no Cherry Cokes ever come from a water drinking fountain...

samjjones
12-29-2005, 10:35 AM
http://www.cchem.berkeley.edu/chem120a_nhy/rod%20farva.jpg

uw_madtown
12-29-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe a Garden Water Fountain and Water Drinking Fountain, we can compromise, but I still say no Cherry Cokes ever come from a water drinking fountain...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just too goddamn many extra words. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And of course Cherry Coke doesn't come out of a drinking fountain. Why would you think that? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ChipWrecked
12-29-2005, 10:41 AM
I grew up in the Arkansas Ozarks, where it was 'Coke' when I was a kid, but now has become 'pop'. This, I believe, due to heavy migration of Chicago yankees to the area. (Of which my family is part, but we were there first)

TomBrooks
12-29-2005, 10:44 AM
If I want a Coke or a Pepsi, but I don't know which the restaurant serves, I just ask for a cola.

mrkilla
12-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I think Drinking Fountain Implies that you can get any Drink at it , or alteast more then one...

Because we can get into the argument of what Fountain Soda is...

we might need a poll on the drinking foutain thing too

edit : Damn it man you got me saying drinking fountain...

uw_madtown
12-29-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we might need a poll on the drinking foutain thing too

edit : Damn it man you got me saying drinking fountain...

[/ QUOTE ]

I win!

djoyce003
12-29-2005, 10:53 AM
In Texas, we pretty much call it all coke.

The conversation goes like this. "Would you like a coke?" if they say yes, then you ask "what kind?"

If you go to a restaurant and you order a coke, and they say they only have pepsi, the order changes to dr. pepper or iced tea.

Soul Daddy
12-29-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because we can get into the argument of what Fountain Soda is...

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, they come from soda fountains. Which is what they are called around here, but we otherwise call everything "coke." That's kind of weird.

Los Feliz Slim
12-29-2005, 10:57 AM
It is soda. Saying "pop" makes you sound like my Aunt Marianne, and you don't want that. She is from upstate NY, but so is my Mom, and I grew up outside Boston, so I don't know where that leaves us regionally.

Calling all soda "Coke" is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, and if you do this you are ignorant. If this is a thing people do in the South, well, shoot. You add it up.

I always thought Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper were rivalrous Coca-Cola / Pepsi brands. Learning they are both Coca-Cola products is blowing my mind. Pibb seems to be gaining POPularity, however, since I have recently seen it at the McDonalds at LAX.

Mr_J
12-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Coke is a brand, cola is the word you guys are looking for. We say soft drink like I assume every non american says.

DukeSucks
12-29-2005, 11:23 AM
It's all coke here. If they only have pepsi, sometimes they ask if that's ok, sometimes they just bring it to you.

Bulldog
12-29-2005, 11:25 AM
This is a great thread! I can't believe no one has ever thought of it before. Let's cover another topic that is in desperate need of debate and has never been resolved!

ChipWrecked
12-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Pretty cranky for a Penn St. fan.

12-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Don't care what it is...it's Coke. Example:

"I'll have a Coke."
"Okay, do you want Coke, Sprite, or Dr. Pepper?"
"I'll take a Dr. Pepper."

Happens all the time out here.

ScottieK

Mike Cuneo
12-29-2005, 11:38 AM
In Pittsburgh we drink pop dahn Primantis 'nat.

kyro
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty cranky for a Penn St. fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cranky? HE'S WEARING A SANTA HAT FOR CHRISSAKES!

MonkeeMan
12-29-2005, 11:58 AM
http://www.anniestore.com/image/products/tootsiepop.jpg

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/01795/Images/Soda.jpg

If someone asks what you want to drink and you answer "pop" or "soda" what happens next?

WDC
12-29-2005, 12:20 PM
I am from the northland and I call it soda when not referring to a specific brand.

12-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Its all coke.

Hey dude, you want a drink?

Yeah, get me a coke

What kind?

Mtn Dew, thanks

Yep.

Grisgra
12-29-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hate when people say "What kind of Coke do you want" or "What flavor of Coke do you want?"

Say soda you tool! Even pop is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, people from the South? Mildly retarded? Perish the thought . . .

12-29-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling "sweetened carbonated beverages" all coke is a hispanic thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Several white folks in Texas call it "Coke". I think this is retarded. I was born in STL and everyone calls it Soda, then I visited my cousin in Michigan and they called it "Pop" and I thought he was gay. Then I moved to Texas and people called Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Big Red, etc.. "Coke".

WTF /images/graemlins/confused.gif

OtisTheMarsupial
12-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Soda.
West coast.

However, I'll often order "diet" because there is usually only one diet soda on the menu and I don't care if it's coke or pepsi or RC...

12-29-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I always thought Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper were rivalrous Coca-Cola / Pepsi brands. Learning they are both Coca-Cola products is blowing my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?? Dr. Pepper is a bottling company. As is Coke and Pepsi. Is this a joke?

Grisgra
12-29-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great link. What the hell is happening in eastern Arkansas/Southwestern Indiana? It's a big island of soda-drinkers trapped between an ocean of poppers and an ocean of the mildly retarded.

tdarko
12-29-2005, 12:47 PM
first of all i found it humerous when people for the north were speaking for people in the south, "i think the people in the south call it soda?" haha. second i think this poll is borderlind polltard if you don't include "coke" b/c an entire region of our country calls it that.

at home in texas its "coke," when i lived and went to the school in the midwest it was "pop," when i lived in the northeast it was "soda" and when my grandmother speaks its "soda-pop." then if you get into the really thick country i have heard it called "soda-water." yet you include two options...polltard.

pokerdirty
12-29-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great link. What the hell is happening in eastern Arkansas/Southwestern Indiana? It's a big island of soda-drinkers trapped between an ocean of poppers and an ocean of the mildly retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's funny when you look at that map, and then look at the red state/blue state map of the 04 presidental election.

Los Feliz Slim
12-29-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I always thought Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper were rivalrous Coca-Cola / Pepsi brands. Learning they are both Coca-Cola products is blowing my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?? Dr. Pepper is a bottling company. As is Coke and Pepsi. Is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Teh internets say that Mr. Pibb is the Coca-Cola ripoff of Dr. Pepper, which is apparently a rogue independent SODA company, with no relation to either Coca-Cola or Pepsico. I would post links, but there appear to be dozens of websites dedicated to this controversy.

I just want the truth. I think I deserve it.

Soul Daddy
12-29-2005, 12:53 PM
OMG, I must now spread the word to the entire region that Coca-Cola does not make all carbonated beverages! Obviously, all of us retarded people in the South believe this to be the case, so I will be a hero in these here parts for such a startling revelation. Thanks for the knowledge and for letting me know how stupid we look to the rest of the world! I'm going to get on this as soon as this Jeff Foxworthy CD is over.

Duke
12-29-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people from the south are, but their use of "Coke" for everything may stem from the corporate headquarters for Coca Cola being in Atlanta.

~D

obsidian
12-29-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since your name is "IlliniLou" and your loc is "University of Illinois" you really should be calling it pop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate it when people call soda, pop. I don't know why, it is just annoying.

turnipmonster
12-29-2005, 01:41 PM
this is true, however according to my grandmother everyone used to call all sodas a pepsi (at least in nc/sc).

Grisgra
12-29-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the knowledge and for letting me know how stupid we look to the rest of the world!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you knew how stupid you looked to the rest of the world well before this thread.

To quote a great man, "Yeah. America’s great, isn’t it? Except for the South."

tonypaladino
12-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Soda, all the way. When I hear people say "pop" I want to break their necks.

12-29-2005, 02:49 PM
This is not true. I've had it in NJ.

Edit: Um, Mr. Pibb, that is.

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Well, not entirely true. having grown up in NJ, I call it soda, but I live in New England, where the generic name is "tonic."

There are also parts of the country where the generic name is "coke" as in "What kind of coke do you want?" "I'll have a ginger ale."

jedi
12-29-2005, 03:02 PM
I just find this whole thing to be silly. Was I the only one taught that people say different things to mean the same thing? I had a college roommate make fun of someone else for calling a certain cooking utensil a "pan." WTF?

For what it's worth, I generally just call it a "soft drink", sometimes "soda", almost never "pop" (but I certainly know what it's referring to).

I never say "Coke" unless I'm specifically referring to Coca-Cola and I think it's funny that people do. It's like saying:

"I'm going to McDonalds."

"Which one?"

"Burger King."

Oh well, more power to the Coke marketing machine.

12-29-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first of all i found it humerous when people for the north were speaking for people in the south, "i think the people in the south call it soda?" haha. second i think this poll is borderlind polltard if you don't include "coke" b/c an entire region of our country calls it that.

at home in texas its "coke," when i lived and went to the school in the midwest it was "pop," when i lived in the northeast it was "soda" and when my grandmother speaks its "soda-pop." then if you get into the really thick country i have heard it called "soda-water." yet you include two options...polltard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reason I didn't put coke was because I had no idea idiots just called it Coke. It is not Coke, Coca Cola is Coke damnit. When you say Coke, i refer to the days of when Coca Cola used to make Coke II. anyone remember that? or Clear Pepsi? Also Mr.Pibb will never out taste Dr.Pepper, clear distinction, Dr.Pepper is awesome and Mr.Pibb sucks

Los Feliz Slim
12-29-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just find this whole thing to be silly. Was I the only one taught that people say different things to mean the same thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then who would we make fun of? I think we should take all the tolerant people out back and shoot them.

tdarko
12-29-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea idiots just called it Coke.

[/ QUOTE ]
be careful with the name calling fella, i am not the one that has apparently never been outside of my one domain.

there is no reason to get hasty with me b/c i pointed out the ignorance of your poll, i am sorry that you are oblivious the other regions and their ways/cultures...you may think they are "idiotic" thats fine, notice that in my post i did not call any of the names for the product wrong. since you have reverted to name calling in your post further proves that you are not open enough to make a promising poll with the correct options...like the guy that put two weezer albums on a poll for "best weezer album."

i am actually laughing at how you are calling people idiots that call the product "coke" yet you did not know maybe 2/5th's of our entire nation calls it this. good stuff.

MyTurn2Raise
12-29-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

correct

unless you are hitting on one of those fine St. Louis area honeys...then soda it is

Chicagoland girls are the majority, though, so pop is your best bet most of the time

TheMainEvent
12-29-2005, 05:11 PM
I remember when people from different regions had this argument all the time my first semester of college. It annoyed me a great deal.

McGahee
12-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Soda and it's not close

Grisgra
12-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Shees, fine.

12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea idiots just called it Coke.

[/ QUOTE ]
be careful with the name calling fella, i am not the one that has apparently never been outside of my one domain.

there is no reason to get hasty with me b/c i pointed out the ignorance of your poll, i am sorry that you are oblivious the other regions and their ways/cultures...you may think they are "idiotic" thats fine, notice that in my post i did not call any of the names for the product wrong. since you have reverted to name calling in your post further proves that you are not open enough to make a promising poll with the correct options...like the guy that put two weezer albums on a poll for "best weezer album."

i am actually laughing at how you are calling people idiots that call the product "coke" yet you did not know maybe 2/5th's of our entire nation calls it this. good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry I apologize.

FishAndChips
12-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Soda is more feminine ending with the 'a'.

Pop is efficient. One syllable and action packed.

I typically say soda, but I'm switching to pop! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PokerBob
12-29-2005, 06:00 PM
i live in minneSOTA, but they call it pop here. retarded. it is soda, and it is not close.

uw_madtown
12-29-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since you have reverted to name calling in your post further proves that you are not open enough to make a promising poll with the correct options...like the guy that put two weezer albums on a poll for "best weezer album."

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling pop "coke" is akin to picking Make Believe as the best Weezer album, by the way. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

zipppy
12-29-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i live in minneSOTA, but they call it pop here. retarded. it is soda, and it is not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just made baby (minnesotan) Jesus cry.

TomBrooks
12-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Around here, and I think in most of North America, just about everybody calls gelatin dessert Jell-O, although Jell-O is just a trademarked brand owned by Kraft Foods. They own most of the gelatin dessert market in this area though - I can't even think of one competing brand.

12-29-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Around here, and I think in most of North America, just about everybody calls gelatin dessert Jell-O, although Jell-O is just a trademarked brand owned by Kraft Foods. They own most of the gelatin dessert market in this area though - I can't even think of one competing brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats great since we are talkin about pop and soda /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Grisgra
12-29-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IWPFYV

Hey, I like it.

Matt Williams
12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen Mr. Pibb sold above, say, Georgia. They certainly do not sell it in the NY/NJ area. The few times I've had it I've enjoyed it, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they do. Shop-rite and Quik-Chek carry it, but not the 7-11. I have 2 bottles of Mr. Pibb in my fridge.

12-29-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whelp, not entirely but yes, they are both a Coca Cola brand but Mr Pibb has a more "cherry" flavor so they say...

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr. Pepper is not a Coca Cola brand.

xorbie
12-29-2005, 11:56 PM
i was surprised people actually called it pop when i got down here. seems like all my st louis area friends call it soda, which is what everyone from the northeast says as well.

IggyWH
12-30-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid me, when my boys called me tonight and asked if I wanted to go out drinking, I thought they meant going to a bar....

uw_madtown
12-30-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid me, when my boys called me tonight and asked if I wanted to go out drinking, I thought they meant going to a bar....

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they ask you if you wanted to go out to a drinking fountain?

tdarko
12-30-2005, 12:42 AM
last summer in mexico i asked for a Fresca and the mexicano's laughed at me and told me "they wished."

"fresca" is slang for "lesbians" in spanish.

astroglide
12-30-2005, 04:12 AM
i never see fresca anywhere but the grocery store. is it common where you live or something? like, in restaurants?