PDA

View Full Version : Pringle's story

Vehn
07-29-2003, 09:36 AM
Here's what my mom told me. Enjoy. Next time I see her I'm gonna ask about the pictures unless she specifically signed a NDA.

I bought a can of Pringles at a roadside stop between London and Wales; we (my friends and I) snacked on it for several days; then finally when I was eating some a few days later I noted a strange smell, saw something grey in the bottom of the can (was down to about 1/3 left so could see the bottom when the can was tipped sideways); asked one of the guys to take it outside and look at what was down there, and it was a dead, now rotting mouse! We took pictures of the can, mouse etc and I called P&G to report. They sent a courier out to pick up the can the next day, I left for the US the day after, and had a message waiting for me when I got back. I ended up getting $3000 for the incident, the most our lawyer thought I could get without taking them to court, testifying to mental trauma etc.

RollaJ
07-29-2003, 09:39 AM
Wow, what new flavor will they think of next?

Hung
07-29-2003, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's what my mom told me. Enjoy. Next time I see her I'm gonna ask about the pictures unless she specifically signed a NDA.

I bought a can of Pringles at a roadside stop between London and Wales; we (my friends and I) snacked on it for several days; then finally when I was eating some a few days later I noted a strange smell, saw something grey in the bottom of the can (was down to about 1/3 left so could see the bottom when the can was tipped sideways); asked one of the guys to take it outside and look at what was down there, and it was a dead, now rotting mouse! We took pictures of the can, mouse etc and I called P&G to report. They sent a courier out to pick up the can the next day, I left for the US the day after, and had a message waiting for me when I got back. I ended up getting $3000 for the incident, the most our lawyer thought I could get without taking them to court, testifying to mental trauma etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll eat a mouse for $3000

bull7
07-29-2003, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll eat a mouse for $3000

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that would be a lot easier than playing off $3000 worth of internet poker bonuses.

punkass
07-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Im gonna vomit.

Mike Haven
07-29-2003, 12:01 PM
i doubt if the mouse was meant to be there, rollaj

but they do say they throw a dead rat into every vat of guinness to add to the flavour

it's quite a hobby of mine and others to collect the bits of flotsam and jetsam found in packets of breakfast cereal and the like and send them back to the manufacturers - they always send a thank you letter and a voucher for a few more packets - in fact i'm on first name terms now with the boss of kelloggs

tip - don't eat pork pies

Mac
07-29-2003, 12:26 PM
same thing happened to my uncle and my friend's cousin. Some kid from my brother's old high school had a crazy incident with pop rocks and coke... but I'll save that for another time.

Vehn
07-29-2003, 12:32 PM
*shrug* Believe what you want, but this is my 60 year old mother, not my girlfriend's cousin's friend's brother who knew this guy that.. etc. I saw a picture of it when it happened too - if I can get a hold of it I'll scan it.

Hung
07-29-2003, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*shrug* Believe what you want, but this is my 60 year old mother, not my girlfriend's cousin's friend's brother who knew this guy that.. etc. I saw a picture of it when it happened too - if I can get a hold of it I'll scan it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I believe ya, no picture needed.

Mike Haven
07-29-2003, 02:31 PM
reminds me of the time i went into a cafe and asked for the hot chile

the waitress said "the guy next to you got the last bowl"

i looked over and saw that the guy had finished his meal, but the chili bowl was still quite full

i said "are you going to eat that?"

the other guy said "no - help yourself"

i took it and started to eat

when i got about half way down my fork hit something

i looked down and saw a dead mouse in it and i puked the chili back into the bowl

the other guy said "yeah - that's about as far as I got, too"

crockpot
07-29-2003, 11:08 PM
sorry, i just had to point it out.

and just so this post is poker-related, Devilfish's lucky bastard tendencies are starting to get irritating at this 2/4 UB PLO.

anyone who was watching will know what i mean.