PDA

View Full Version : AKs TPTK

element00
12-28-2005, 10:17 PM
No reads on villian about 10 hands in hasn't done anything yet.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($26.14)
MP ($32.85)
CO ($35.10)
Hero ($36.55)
SB ($22.15)
BB ($28.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.25, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($3.85) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($9.85) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB calls $6.

River: ($25.85) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero ???

Final Pot: $35.85

Leaky Game
12-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Call. I expect Slick or a smaller Ace. If he hit a set you'd think he'd reraise the turn and I'd hope A9, A8 doesn't stick around after your raise pf. By the way, I like the 3x the BB plus one for each limper pf raise.

Two quick things....I'd bet at LEAST half the pot after the flop and I'd consider raising more on the turn. At this point he only has to call $6 more to win $20.

As it plays out....call the river there's too many knuckleheads out there for you to mess around too much with just TPTK.

12-29-2005, 04:06 AM
This villain just doesn't want to stay quiet. From the looks of the action he's got more than just a one pair hand.

Fallen Hero
12-29-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This villain just doesn't want to stay quiet. From the looks of the action he's got more than just a one pair hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

6-1

deaders
12-29-2005, 04:08 AM
Bet the pot or close to it on the flop. As it played you have to call that river bet but I dont like how you played the hand.

12-29-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6-1

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, I'm not advocating a river fold, I was just commenting.

Fallen Hero
12-29-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6-1

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, I'm not advocating a river fold, I was just commenting.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad then /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wall_st
12-29-2005, 06:16 AM
Definetly call river, min raise may get you paid off here as well, but it really depends on the opponent. I think making a full pot sized bet on the turn is not such a bad thing either.

12-29-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't like this flop bet. Make it around 2/3 - pot instead. with BB's turn bet it looks like he would like to see a cheap river, som I would make it around 12 on turn. His river bet seems strange. Dont think you would get a call with anything that hasn't got you beat, so dont try raising. Just call this one down.

djoyce003
12-29-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm surprised this comment hasn't come up yet.

I HATE that turn raise. What is your plan if he pushes over the top of you? Don't raise when you can't call a push. If you are behind to two pair, he just gave you awesome odds to hit your flush or your king or ace (assuming the ace outs are good). Also, you aren't looking to play for your stack with TPTK and that's what you are bringing into the realm of possibilities on that turn raise. I like a call here, and hopefully he'll bet the river even smaller. Yes you win less if you win, but you lose less if you lose and it looks like you are behind. Also if his hand is as strong as we think it is, he'll almost certainly call a nice raise on the river if the flush hits.

pokernose
12-29-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised this comment hasn't come up yet.

I HATE that turn raise. What is your plan if he pushes over the top of you? Don't raise when you can't call a push. If you are behind to two pair, he just gave you awesome odds to hit your flush or your king or ace (assuming the ace outs are good). Also, you aren't looking to play for your stack with TPTK and that's what you are bringing into the realm of possibilities on that turn raise. I like a call here, and hopefully he'll bet the river even smaller. Yes you win less if you win, but you lose less if you lose and it looks like you are behind. Also if his hand is as strong as we think it is, he'll almost certainly call a nice raise on the river if the flush hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your thinking here, djoyce. I like the pre-flop raise. That is the perfect amount to get rid of the weak hands.

The flop bet should be somewhere between 2/3rds the pot and a full pot bet. I like 3/4 here, but anything in the neighborhood is good.

djoyce nailed the turn. If you are ahead, you want to keep your opponent betting into you. If you are behind you want to see this hand to the end as cheaply as possible. Call the turn and any reasonable river bet.

element00
12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
agree 100% that's looking like a way better line, thank you djoyce.