PDA

View Full Version : How safe is IGM-PAy?

12-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Im a little paranoid about using IGM to get the 5x bonus at empire then at party. How safe do you all feel about party and empire having your bank account information? I dont want to pass these bonuses up.

orentha
12-28-2005, 08:56 PM
i feel pretty safe...

12-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Been using it for a long time on Party, then Empire. Never had a problem.

-S&SGW

GoSox
12-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Go to a small local bank and open up an account with just your poker funds you'll need. The credit card companies are great about covering fraud, try telling a bank that you gave your banking info out to a half dozen online poker sites when you have a problem and see how far you get.

bkholdem
12-28-2005, 10:05 PM
party has mine for a few years. i use neteller now but used that in the beginning. no problems. party is so huge it would be way neg ev for them to steal like that.

GoSox
12-28-2005, 10:26 PM
The "threat" is not party stealing. The issue is the data being taken or lost as has occurred a dozen times this year with major retailors and companies with credit card data.

FlFishOn
12-28-2005, 11:47 PM
There is no second option here, you MUST HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS. One account has $1 in it (this is the account IGM, Neteller etc has access to) unless you are depositing or cashing and that >$1 balance is transfered into your main account ASAP. All else is gambling and we don't do that, do we?

Schwartzy61
12-29-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no second option here, you MUST HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS. One account has $1 in it (this is the account IGM, Neteller etc has access to) unless you are depositing or cashing and that >$1 balance is transfered into your main account ASAP. All else is gambling and we don't do that, do we?

[/ QUOTE ]

Presumably, we all play poker.

So actually we all do gamble.

Remember all poker players gamble, but not all gamblers play poker /images/graemlins/frown.gif

UATrewqaz
12-29-2005, 12:47 AM
I've used it for the past year, many transactions, all went through fine. Never any unauthorized use.

That having been said, I keep the bulk of my money in a savings account and my checking account (which has alot more activity, and I have monthly drafts for bill payemtns, etc) only has a grand or two in it at any time.

Whereas nobody has any access to my savings account directly but me.

BigF
12-29-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im a little paranoid about using IGM to get the 5x bonus at empire then at party. How safe do you all feel about party and empire having your bank account information? I dont want to pass these bonuses up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under Federal law, the bank must refund your loss if
1. a withdrawal is unauthorized and
2. you report the wire fraud in time (within 3 months? I'm not sure)