PDA

View Full Version : Gigabet sweat hand (200+15)

stealyourface
12-28-2005, 08:33 PM
***** Hand History for Game 3276462576 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Trny:18683648 Level:3 Blinds(25/50) - Wednesday, December 28, 19:04:32 EDT 2005
Table Table 68769 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: dlv54 ( $1195 )
Seat 2: flop3ace2ten ( $1220 )
Seat 3: Gigabet ( $805 )
Seat 4: eoanmen ( $2345 )
Seat 5: peterankin ( $735 )
Seat 6: kndanice ( $735 )
Seat 7: SamjoonLA ( $950 )
Seat 8: ComeOnPhish ( $855 )
Seat 9: Ssnakey1 ( $1160 )
Trny:18683648 Level:3
Blinds(25/50)
** Dealing down cards **
Gigabet calls [50].
eoanmen folds.
peterankin folds.
kndanice calls [50].
SamjoonLA folds.
ComeOnPhish folds.
Ssnakey1 folds.
dlv54 calls [25].
flop3ace2ten checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, 9d, Ts ]
dlv54 checks.
flop3ace2ten checks.
Gigabet bets [150].
kndanice calls [150].
dlv54 folds.
flop3ace2ten folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ks ]
Gigabet is all-In [605]
kndanice is all-In [535]
** Dealing River ** [ 9s ]
Gigabet shows [ Jh, Kh ] two pairs, kings and jacks.
kndanice shows [ Ad, Js ] two pairs, jacks and nines.
Gigabet wins 70 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, kings and jacks.
Gigabet wins 1570 chips from the main pot with two pairs, kings and jacks.
kndanice finished in ninth place.
kndanice has left the table.

I don't get this turn bet. I know you got called by a worse hand, but is this really optimal?

ace_in_the_hole
12-28-2005, 08:49 PM
The turn makes that a very draw heavy board.

microbet
12-28-2005, 09:17 PM
What about the preflop limp?

zipppy
12-28-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn makes that a very draw heavy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only draw the king added was a very unlikely flush draw. If someone already had a str8 draw, the king either gave them the straight or didn't help them.

edit: i suppose any ace can draw to the nut str8.

ZeroPointMachine
12-28-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the preflop limp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, ummm..err...I don't have a clue what happened on this hand. Pre-flop limp UTG with KSs very suspect. Lead the flop...fine. Got called...hmmm. Scary turn card. Well, villain can't have KQ or JQ or a set because of preflop action....err well that doesn't make sense. Let's bet it all and find out if I'm behind....

Looks standard to me /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gigabet
12-28-2005, 11:21 PM
The king was a good card for me. Look at the flop action, I bet and get called by a player who still has two players to act yet. My bet was 3/4 of the pot, and a relatively strong bet for my stack. I was fairly certain I was behind when he called, however, when he doesn't raise my flop bet, with 2 left to act, he told me that his hand did not contain something with showdown value and a draw. So it was one or the other, and I figure a draw would be most likely to raise or fold in that spot. When the K hit, I was fairly certain that I had caught up. And if he did have a set, I thought there was a small chance of him folding.

As for limping utg, there were a couple players at the table who were capable of raising my limp, and folding to a reraise.

microbet
12-28-2005, 11:52 PM
As far as limping under the gun, I was running out the door but didn't have time to add that I suspected there were some plans afoot to make a move.

12-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Funny thing is, I see hands played EXACTLY like this at the $27s all the time--for completely different reasons.

Eric Draven
12-29-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The king was a good card for me. Look at the flop action, I bet and get called by a player who still has two players to act yet. My bet was 3/4 of the pot, and a relatively strong bet for my stack. I was fairly certain I was behind when he called, however, when he doesn't raise my flop bet, with 2 left to act, he told me that his hand did not contain something with showdown value and a draw. So it was one or the other, and I figure a draw would be most likely to raise or fold in that spot. When the K hit, I was fairly certain that I had caught up. And if he did have a set, I thought there was a small chance of him folding.

As for limping utg, there were a couple players at the table who were capable of raising my limp, and folding to a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could think things through like this.

Jbrochu
12-29-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when he doesn't raise my flop bet, with 2 left to act, he told me that his hand did not contain something with showdown value and a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't he just call there with exactly K,Q? Are you just willing to go broke in that case since it's so unlikely especially when the K comes on the turn?

12-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Is Gigabet saying that the correct play with QJ on this flop is to raise? If so, is this correct only at higher buy in levels like the 215s or would this be correct even at the lower levels as well?

12-29-2005, 12:58 AM
My fault I didnt see that this was at level 3. I raise this flop in this situation too with QJ. I was thinking it was earlier in the tournament. Disregard my last comment.

curtains
12-29-2005, 01:55 AM
Ok lets be honest that failing to raise with AJ by kdanice is completely ridiculous. Calling is flat out terrible.

UMTerp
12-29-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok lets be honest that failing to raise with AJ by kdanice is completely ridiculous. Calling is flat out terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop or on the flop? Any raise of Giga's flop bet should be a push, no? Is that what you recommend? Does the fact that it's Gigabet matter?

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just trying to understand what you meant.

Personally, I hate both the preflop limp and the turn call more than the flop call.

EasilyFound
12-29-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
showdown value and a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

just so I'm clear w/the terminology, that means QJ in this situation?