PDA

View Full Version : Some fish with KT sooted wins a huge pot...

Coolidge
12-28-2005, 06:31 PM
.5/1

It's still early in the session, I have seen nothing brilliant or totally insane. It's your basic mix of 34/2.5/1.5 players.

I think my flop call is sorta "fishy". Does anyone fold this flop?

Hero is CO with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

PREFLOP -
UTG calls, 2 folds, UTG+3 calls, MP calls, HERO calls, button folds, SB raises, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+3 3-bets, 1 folds, HERO calls, SB caps, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+3 calls, HERO calls.

FLOP - 5 players (10.5bb) 4 /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+3 raises, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls

TURN - 5 players (15.5bb) 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+3 raises, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls

RIVER - 3 players (21.5bb) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG bets, UTG+3 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, UTG+3 calls, Hero calls

Does anyone play this hand differently? I'm wondering about preflop and the flop mostly. One the flop I'm getting about 12 - 1 or so to call. I gave my BDFD 1.5 outs, my BDSD about .5, I thought both my 10's were clean so I gave them 2 outs (but this is probably wrong, because I'm drawing real slim to a set), I'm not sure how to count my K's maybe another 1.5? (because AK has me dominated), not to mention a possible raise behind me.
I don't know. WTF?

TredWel
12-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Preflop: Raise when it's first to you. After SB raises and UTG+3 limp-reraises, I don't have a problem calling, or even capping. You've got a hand that plays well multiway.

Flop: Getting 13:1 immediate odds, with no reason to discount any of our outs. Easy, easy call. In fact, had UTG+3 not raised, I would have done it myself.

Turn/River: Fine, but you knew that. Nice hand.

nomadtla
12-28-2005, 06:56 PM
I think of all your mistakes calling 2 from the preflop 3bet is the worst. I don't think it's terrible either. On the flop you have 5 outs to 2 pair or better (we'll discount it to 3 since you may allready be behind trips) + 1.5 for the BDFD + .5 BDSD = giving you roughly 5 outs total. You are getting 25:2 or 12.5:1 (thats not even a close call). There is the possibility of a reraise behind you but I think enough of the crowd will come along that your implied odds stay good.

Raising of course does nothing for you anywhere but the river. I think other then the preflop call (which I would probably make 90% of the time anyways) the hand was played fine

Coolidge
12-28-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: Getting 13:1 immediate odds, with no reason to discount any of our outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't we be discounting for the K's? And possibly the 10's?

Buckmulligan
12-28-2005, 07:06 PM
nice hand, except that's a lot of hand not to raise preflop.

bisonbison
12-28-2005, 07:18 PM
You should be raising any suited broadways in the CO after limpers. After that, the hand's good, but c'mon - raising is fun.

TredWel
12-28-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: Getting 13:1 immediate odds, with no reason to discount any of our outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't we be discounting for the K's? And possibly the 10's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, on second thought probably a little. Working the math, if we knew we were up against a range of (AA-QQ AKs), they'd be worth about 3 outs in total. I'm not convinced we're up against exactly that, so I'd call it 4 outs. Either way, you're still getting more than enough to call the flop.

testaaja
12-28-2005, 07:39 PM
*grunch* I fold preflop when it's 2 back to me. We are going to be dominated here ALOT! Fold the flop too when it's 2 to me. My king probably isn't a clean out and there is A on the board. Only outs we got here are for nut flush in case someone has aces. We could count tens as partial outs I think /images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Edit: sorry I thought the pot was only 10bb on the flop. So now it makes sense to call /images/graemlins/grin.gif