PDA

View Full Version : How do I compare...

krishanleong
12-28-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm trying to compare AMCPX against the S&P. The problem (I think) is it's a mutual fund that gives dividends so a direct comparison isn't going to tell the whole story. For instance in a 3 year graph against the SP, both ended at about the same place. But AMPCX issued 4 dividends. So is there a way for me to look at a graph that calculates dividends into the price somehow to make comparisons easy? I'm using marketwatch but will use any graphing program you guys think is good. (and free)

Thanks,

Krishan

TGoldman
12-28-2005, 08:01 PM
I own a few shares of AMCPX as part of my company's 401(k) plan. It's basically an S&P 500 tracker, except it has a lower dividend yield and a higher expense ratio. Their load charges are a total joke. Unless you're able to waive their load charges like my 401(k) plan offers, don't touch this fund.

krishanleong
12-28-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I own a few shares of AMCPX as part of my company's 401(k) plan. It's basically an S&P 500 tracker, except it has a lower dividend yield and a higher expense ratio. Their load charges are a total joke. Unless you're able to waive their load charges like my 401(k) plan offers, don't touch this fund.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well [censored], that's not what I wanted to hear... I think I need to have a chat with my financial advisor before putting any more money in American funds.

Krishan

12-28-2005, 11:17 PM
You're getting hosed. 1.53% expense ratio, plus 1% deferred load. Buy VFINX if you want exposure to big American corps.