PDA

View Full Version : $11 - AQ, shortstacked on the bubble

Cassidy
12-28-2005, 05:04 PM
PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

UTG (t2772)
Button (t1586)
SB (t2817)
Hero (t825)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t300</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

I run into similar situations like the above on the bubble all the time. UTG only ever min-raises and had showndown a wide range of hands. Was reasonably sure that at worst I was probably a coinflip, at best I had him dominated, plus I thought my push might get him off a squiffy hand if he was on the steal.

Standard stuff?

As an aside, if he had say 99 and you knew he would call your push would you be pushing anyway?

GtrHtr
12-28-2005, 05:06 PM
I assume you called?

Cassidy
12-28-2005, 05:17 PM
I re-raised him all-in. In hindsight maybe I should I tried a stop and go.

12-28-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't think it really matters much here. It's going to cost him, what, another $375 to call either your pre or post flop push? I don't see him laying that down even if he completely misses the flop. I guess there's a small chance he would, so stop and go may be slightly more +EV.

12-28-2005, 05:34 PM
I like the Stop n' Go here, just because I like using the phrase "Stop n' Go." But seriously, if there was a situation to use the Stop n' Go it would be here. You are going to put all your chips in here anyway, and he is going to call you if you push all in preflop anyway, so why not just push all in on the flop?