PDA

View Full Version : $22: Folding Queens on moderate flop?

Sciolist
12-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Should I be passing here? I actually saved this hand because I figured this was mostly likely collusion, but still:

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

UTG (t1180)
UTG+1 (t865)
Hero (t670)
MP2 (t1770)
CO (t295)
Button (t1295)
SB (t1195)
BB (t730)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t90</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t75, BB calls t60

Flop: (t270) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t170</font>, <font color="red">SB raises t580</font>, <font color="red">BB raises t640 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Obviously I'm playing without the double check/raise allin, I'm calling one of them if the other passes...

Jbrochu
12-28-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually saved this hand because I figured this was mostly likely collusion

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, either collusion or the SB is the dumbest poker player in the world. Did you report this?

Anyway, I would make a crying call here since the board is so coordinated one or both could be on draws or have a smaller overpair or something stupid like A,9.

12-28-2005, 04:06 PM
just out of curiosity, how does PP/PS go about investigating collusion in a case like this?

fwiw, i call here too. weird spot, but i don't think you lay this down.

Sciolist
12-28-2005, 04:09 PM
It's my job to catch colluders on PS. I guess I'll report this and see what they say, if I can find it again.

(Incidentally, I mention that because I don't want to get into details of what we do /images/graemlins/smile.gif

illini43
12-28-2005, 04:09 PM
I think I call here too. Ofen you will be shown hands like TT-JJ, A9, or a flush draw.

That fold by the SB is definately something to report, but who knows how PP can prove anything...maybe the idiot didn't read how much the raise was and folded because he had junk...???

Sciolist
12-28-2005, 04:10 PM
For what it's worth, in these games, I think I might have made the wrong fold. I'm folding this in a cash game of any decent level, and I'm folding this if I knew either player are any good, but that's not a given at all in the $22s.

LALDAAS
12-28-2005, 04:12 PM
What makes you consider collusion here? I see this happen alot at $11 on party

Sciolist
12-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Well, he's getting ~1/40 to call. This'd trigger a collusion review if I saw the case, whether it's at the $5s or the $50s. That's not really the point though, I'm more concerned with the play.