PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Radio Questions

mrkilla
12-28-2005, 10:15 AM
So for X-mas I got Sirius Radio. The unit that i was given [Sanyo] is a POS and I am returning it [it actually doesnt even work anymore] So I want to get a diffrent unit.

Any one have a sugestion. I was looking at the XACT ReGo and the Small "portable" unit they have. Does anyone have experience with these if there any good. Every Cnet review says there terrible but it looks like alot of XM users bashing Siruis stuff so who knows.

In any case, all sugestions welcome. I would like portable but if its no good, then a car/home unit thats reliable is the next best thing. I also have no use for an MP3 player since i have a 60 gig IPOD

diebitter
12-28-2005, 10:18 AM
SYCBS?

K-mac
12-28-2005, 06:09 PM
I just got my XTR. It is anything but small! It is pretty damn big (the power pod that is) Not sure how it works yet as i am still waiting to hook it up. On their webpage (actually i think it was a review somewhere) it says that it can fit in a jacket pocket or a book bag.... i will be honest, it isnt fitting in any of my jacket pockets.

mrkilla
12-28-2005, 06:15 PM
is that the "hand held" unit , i hear it heats up , freaks out after awhile , any news so far?

12-28-2005, 06:24 PM
XM has better hardware and programing.

Stern wont be as interesting without constraints.

siccjay
12-28-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes zero sense.

mrkilla
12-28-2005, 06:28 PM
this is a moot point really since I will be going with Siruis weather i like the rest of the programming , equipment or not /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LAGmaniac
12-28-2005, 06:31 PM
I got this unit
http://216.25.78.123/pics/sirius/st2.jpg
the Starmate Replay ST2 for christmas. It seems to be really well made and has caused no problems for me whatsoever. It does get a bit warm though. The reviews of that XACT portable unit made me decide against it as well as the fact that this unit looks a lot more well designed.

If you get one and activate it before 12/31 you can get the $50 rebate from sirius. I got mine from Best Buy for $79 after rebate but I believe you can get it online for $10 less.

It stores up to 30 songs/artists/teams and searches the channels for what is coming up. If any of those in memory are about to be played on one of the channels you get a warning and can flip to that channel.

It also has 44 minutes of memory so you can pause and rewind live radio.

sublime
12-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Sirius forum (http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/)

I have posted a few questions there and got good feedback. You are probably better off hitting that place off.

fwiw i have the sportster replay hooked up to my klipsh ipod system and the sound quality is goot.

willie
12-28-2005, 06:54 PM
good luck with their equipment

my new delphi wifi xm unit is [censored] /images/graemlins/grin.gif

surfinillini
12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes zero sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously...wtf does this mean.

Get the sportster replay...it comes with a car kit and you can buy the home docking kit with the 30 foot outdoor antenna.

Don't get the boombox either.