PDA

View Full Version : Shortstacked: desperation call

45suited
12-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Standard, correct?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

UTG (t2145)
UTG+1 (t2345)
CO (t580)
Button (t1870)
Hero (t240)
BB (t820)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO t580 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero t165 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

12-28-2005, 08:58 AM
I don't like it. I'd rather push any 2 next hand

12-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Standard....
165 to call for the 465 already in the pot which you can win...
So:
If you fold : Your left with 165...
If you Call and Win: You'll have a playablish stack of 630...
IF you Call and lose: Your out in 6th...

Your heads up, with fantastic odds, this is the only chance you are going to get really to be heads up, unless acting before you pushes, I think you have to call here, and hope for a low pair or AQ AJ AK so at least you have two live cards....

Standard Call given the odds and the blinds....

12-28-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. I'd rather push any 2 next hand

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do that, your gonna be involved most of the time in a 3 way pot with the SB and BB, with much worse odds....This is your chance to win your stack back, getting over 3-1, and heads up...

Mr_J
12-28-2005, 09:37 AM
The next 2 hands you'll be pushing your 'any 2' with no FE. The shortie here is pushing with a wide range, and you are getting 3:1 most likely HU. Win this you will triple up. Win a race with your any 2 push next hand and you double.

HesseJam
12-28-2005, 09:42 AM
I see it the same.

You are short stacked. The best moment to move your chips in is when somebody in front of you goes all-in. Ideally, this would be the big stack to give you the best chance to get heads up with him.

In this case it is somewhat suboptimal because the all-in comes from another short stack with low overall folding equity. However, vis-a-vis the BB the folding equity might be sufficient.