PDA

View Full Version : What is that sucking sound?

CrackerZack
07-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Oh yeah, that's me sucking out and stackin' the chips.

Strange 5-10 kill game in mohegan sun sunday. game was like a rollercoaster of crazy loose with some strange aggression, to very tight, to tremendously passive. I can't seem to do anything right this day. Betting my KQ on a Kxx board, and lose to AK check-calling the whole way. betting QJ on J33 board, lose to AA calling behind me the entire way (including PF). I like the players but am annoyed at betting everyone's hand for them. Anyway, this hand comes up...

I'm dealt AhAs in MP fold to player to my right who makes is 20 (its a kill pot), I 3-bet, woman in C/O calls 3 cold, kill blind and blinds fold, PFR calls also. Pot is $104 after rake.

Background on the woman... she was possibly the most random sober player I've ever seen. She cold called all the time then got random. I had been playing with her for about 4 hours and had seen her raise 4 limpers with KJo, bet/re-raise an A-high flop, bet the turn and fold to a raise with no pair. She raised her kill button with 24o, hit a 4 on the flop, c/r'd and bet all the way with bottom pair with an ace on board. Earlier she limped in EP with QQ, flopped top set, check-called the flop/turn and bet out 3-bet the river. She loved to check raise with any pair or any draw, especially if she picked it up on the turn. She 3 times c/r'd the turn when the 3-flush hit, bet the river when no 4 flush appeared and showed down A,K or Q high with a flush card. Basically, I had trouble getting a read on her and wasn't alone and would pay her off on any heads up situation I had any type of hand.

anyway, back to the hand...

Flop: Jh 4h 2s
MP check, I bet, C/O raises with her 2 handed raise, MP calls, I 3-bet, C/O caps with her 2 handed raise, MP calls again. I have her on hearts, maybe a J but much more likely hearts. 2 pair isn't out of the question but seems unlikely as this is before she pulled the 42o trick i mentioned above. Pot is $223 after full $4 rake taken.

Turn: [Jh 4h 2s] 5c
MP check, I bet, C/O hesistates fluctuating between $20 and $40 in red chips in her hands and finally throws out $20 for the call and MP calls. $283 in the pot.

River: [Jh 4h 2s 5c] 3h
I voice "AAARRRGGGGHHHH" at the table. MP checks, I check violently (i'm planning calling any bet here but am 90% sure i'm dead with that card) finally i look down at the lady and see she's more distraught about the river than I am so now I'm confused. She checks.

I turn over my aces and say "I have aces for the wheel, show me some hearts.", she rolls 44 over in her hand for the flopped set and muck, MP mucks without showing. Upon watching him for the next hour any J would be consistent with his play. I stack the pot shaking my head and thinking about if I overplayed my hand on the flop/turn and wussed out on the river.

Questions, anyone bet the river? anyone not 3-bet the flop? anyone check the turn after she caps? I think I have a bet on the river but wasn't gonna fold to a raise so maybe not.

lil'
07-28-2003, 04:42 PM
I play it the same way until the river, where I would bet, especially if you now have a wheel. If she is crazy, then there is no need to put her on a flush.