PDA

View Full Version : Shut Up and Deal~~~Biggest Game in Town

RollaJ
07-28-2003, 03:33 PM
These are two very good books on poker. Not really instructional, but more of a recreational read.

Shut Up and Deal was really amazing, and anyone playing as a pro or planning it should certainly read it (as well as everyone else). It truely is the Nuts!

The Biggest Game in Town is known as a classic and was also very good, but I did like Shut Up and Deal better.

I also "read" (ordered a book on tape by accident)Positively Fifth Street, very good story as well

Rick Nebiolo
07-29-2003, 03:42 AM
Jesse May, author of "Shut Up and Deal", did some real good reporting and wrote a few good RGP posts on the WSOP the last few years.

I agree both are good books. You might also enjoy "King of A Small World" by Rick Bennett. Check it out at the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/id98

~ Rick

dirty_dan
07-29-2003, 04:39 PM
I had just ordered both of these and they got delivered today. Now I can look forward to some good mindless subway reading.

snakehead
07-31-2003, 03:01 PM
maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I thought the biggest game in town was boring.

RollaJ
07-31-2003, 03:19 PM
You are probably not the only one, just in the minority /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nicky g
08-01-2003, 06:13 AM
I can sympathise with that, though I do think it's a great book. Not much suspense, action etc though - more of a portrait of a group/era. I actually found Positively 5th Street quite dull.