PDA

View Full Version : $11 A9 in blinds, rr?

12-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Villian has raise frequently (about as much as I would).

NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee
Level:5 Blinds(75/150)

Total number of players : 4

Seat 1:Button ( $2196 )
Seat 2:Villian ( $1333 )
Seat 3:Hero ( $2110 )
Seat 6:UTG ( $2361 )
Level:5 Blinds(75/150)

Dealt to Hero [ A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

2 folds. Villian raises [225]. Hero calls [150].

pot = 600

** Dealing Flop ** [ A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Villian bets [150].
Hero?

How often can you assume the minraise was a steal, and this continuation bet deserves to be re-raised?
If I feel this is worth re-raising (900 was my choice) then why didn't I raise it preflop? Is this a better or worse line?

I think I was thinking he'd call or reraise me preflop, so I wanted to see a flop. Just puzzles me why I took comfort in that A, when it would kill me if I was dominated. Worrying too much? A9 with 4 players stronger than I'm giving credit?
Also, what about the amount? If I re-raise preflop, or raise on this flop, is 900 (3x bet) about right, or is this push territory? I felt myself confused by so many similar sized stacks. Normally it seems easy to push with a small stack or into a small stack with big stack, but felt puzzled by all the same-stacks.

Thanks for the help

UMTerp
12-27-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How often can you assume the minraise was a steal, and this continuation bet deserves to be re-raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience. You have position; use it. He's not calling if he's on a bluff, and he has two outs if he has an underpair - he may fire into you again too. Call and see what the turn brings. It's not like raising will make him fold a better hand.

As far as preflop, it depends if he's min-raised in this spot before. If he hasn't, tread lightly, and a call is fine. If he's minraised often (even once before may be enough), just push behind him.

12-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Is Villain any less likely to fold if you re-raise to 900 pre-flop than if you push?

On a different note -- at the $11s, how often does the minimum bet post-flop indicate a trap, an attempt to draw cheaply, or a clueless attempt to "buy" the pot?

SonnyJay
12-27-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not reraising, but not because it "doesn't deserve to be." UMTerp put it well: you're either behind here or pretty far ahead. I'm calling simply because I'm not folding a better hand and worse hands are folding.

As for preflop, against a typical opponent at this blind level I'm pushing.

-SonnyJay