PDA

View Full Version : Act 1/Act 2 satellite info sought.....

shaniac
07-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Perhaps some Foxwoods regulars can clue me in....How often are these Act 1 and Act 2 tournies going on. My understanding is that the Act 2 tournies get you in (for $100 or so?) to a single table satellite that's good for a seat in the Big Dance in November. Is this correct?

Also, will these be in addition to the regular super-sats run during the WPF?

thanks,
shanaic

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Act I - single table satellite. $30 buy-in. 2 move on to Act II. Winners may play in any Act II. Winner's receipt is not transferable.

Act II - single-table satellite. $115 buy-in or Act I winner receipt. Winner moves on to Act III. (The winner *must* play in the next scheduled Act III). Winner's receipt is not transferable.

Act I & II held daily at FW from 10 AM until Midnight*

Act III - multi-table super satellite. $1,060 buy-in or Act II winner's receipt. Act III's are held every other Thursday at 7:00 PM. Next one is August 8. July 24 Act III had 82 entries. One seat per 10 entries to the $10,000 buy-in NLHE at The World Poker Finals. Winner's receipt for your 1st Act III is not transferable. However, if you win more than one Act III, you will receive lammers for your additional seats. Those are transferable.

* - here's the frustrating part. Act I & II go off as they fill. Foxwoods sets aside 1-3 tables for these. Last Friday night, I got there at 8:30 and no Act II filled.

Greg (FossilMan)
07-28-2003, 03:32 PM
My answers aren't necessarily perfect. The Act I and II satellites go all day every day (though not in the middle of the night) whenever they can get the 10 people who want to play. Act I's cost $35 (?) and 2 players win a receipt that will pay for a seat in an Act II. Act II's cost $120 (?) and 1 player wins a receipt that will pay for a seat in the next Act III. Act III's run at schedule times about once every two weeks or something like that, I don't really recall, and they cost $1080 (?). Act III's are super-satellites with no rebuys. For every 10 players who enter, they give away one $10,000 seat in the championship event of the World Poker Finals. Last Thursday was the first Act III. They had 82 players, gave away 8 seats, and 9th place paid $2000.

I haven't any first-hand experience, because I haven't played in any of these. However, I've heard from trustworthy sources that the average ability of the field is pretty weak in the Act IIs, and extremely weak in the Act Is. So, a good player should do quite well in both.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

d'Amphoux
08-02-2003, 02:09 PM
<font color="blue">I posted this on RGP..it has a link to the brochure:

They are also running a series of satellites for $10k seats at theWorld Poker Finals in November. There are 3 tiers to how they are running them. They are calling them "Act 1".."Act 3" and they worklike this:

$30 WPF Act One (2 winners will receive a $115 Act Two Poker Tournament Entry Coupon.)

$115 WPF Act Two (1 winner will receive a $1,060Act Three Poker Tournament Entry Coupon.)

$1,060 WPF Act Three (For every 10 entries a WPF $10,200 seat/entry will be awarded as a prize.)

They run the $30 and $115 tourneys all day long -- as soon as they canfill a table they start.

Then they run the big one on a set schedule:

7/24 (Last night - summary below)8/7 8/21 9/11 9/25 10/2 10/9 10/1610/23 10/27 10/31 11/04 11/08 11/10 11/13

The brocure is here:
Foxwoods brochure on "Act" satellites for WPF (http://www.worldpokertour.com/tournaments/satellite_docs/WPF_Act_Flyer_6_18_03.pdf)

Last night (two weeks ago now) for the first Act Three, there were 82 players with 8 $10kseats awarded. Places 9 &amp; 10 split the extra $2k. The final tablehad between 25 and 50 spectators at any given time. Next time, it might be a good idea to setup the final table with some spectator space. Maybe even some ropes. The rail birds were crowding in andone "bad-beat" kept talking dirt about the guy that knocked him out just two feet behind his seat. I thought that was in bad taste..despite the play the guy had made.

I had to settle for place #18 when KK lost to 6622. But I'm not complaining, I'll be playing the next one (already have my entry won). Cheers to Mike Ward and his crew!</font>