PDA

View Full Version : AJ 75/150 hand vs Baronzeus

djk123
12-27-2005, 03:28 PM
5 handed 75/150 game on Absolute. I had just sat down and dont think ive ever played against baronzeus.

EDITED

Folded to Baron in the button who raises, sb folds, i 3 bet with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif, he calls.

Flop:Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
i bet, he calls.

turn 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
i bet, he raises, i ?

DMBFan23
12-27-2005, 03:35 PM
he's in position, so I can just delete the first "he checks" part from each street and get the action correct?

djk123
12-27-2005, 03:39 PM
yes i was being stupid

12-27-2005, 03:47 PM
I'd probably just call down. You could probably call and donk / fold the river. I wouldn't 3 bet. Too often he's just using his position to make you miserable with a weak hand. Just don't fold.

krishanleong
12-27-2005, 04:41 PM
I think I'd call and donk the river (calling a raise)

Krishan

DMBFan23
12-27-2005, 04:43 PM
having never played 75/150 and only knowing baron from his posts here (which tend to involve him aggressively pushing a small edge, he's a pretty decent handreader) I would say call down and not worry about him pulling a free showdown on you too often, at least not with anything he'll call a river bet with. he'll definitely value bet a lot from what I've read of him

the other option is to 3-bet but I like to go into an action with a plan for all their possible reactions, and I don't know whether or not I'd fold if he capped, or raised a heart river, or raised a blank river. thoughts from anyone on that would be appreciated

Alobar
12-27-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
having never played 75/150 and only knowing baron from his posts here (which tend to involve him aggressively pushing a small edge, he's a pretty decent handreader) I would say call down and not worry about him pulling a free showdown on you too often, at least not with anything he'll call a river bet with. he'll definitely value bet a lot from what I've read of him

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus
12-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Also note that I'm running really bad on absolute at this point. Like really, really bad.

Edit: I'm saying this to say that I might be tilting a bit and may pull random [censored]. I'd 3bet me in this spot, since I usually have a weaker ace.

12-27-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also note that I'm running really bad on absolute at this point. Like really, really bad.

Edit: I'm saying this to say that I might be tilting a bit and may pull random [censored]. I'd 3bet me in this spot, since I usually have a weaker ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was actually just going to suggest the opposite. Your bad streak has humbled you considerably and you went from ultra-aggressive to just normal (judging by your posts at least). This could easily mean a bigger hand than AJ. Calling down is better regardless of the site.

baronzeus
12-27-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was actually just going to suggest the opposite. Your bad streak has humbled you considerably and you went from ultra-aggressive to just normal (judging by your posts at least). This could easily mean a bigger hand than AJ. Calling down is better regardless of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was only running bad on AP, and it definitely makes me far more aggressive.

etizzle
12-27-2005, 06:53 PM
hi guys,

this is an easy 3 bet. QQ AQ AA AK gets capped preflop, and he doesnt have 77, so theres really not too many hands we are losing to.

stinkypete
12-27-2005, 06:58 PM
3-bet... you're behind A7, A4, 44 and nothing else. you're ahead of a huge number of hands.

EDIT: nevermind. i highly doubt he has 77.

baronzeus
12-27-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet... you're behind A7, A4, 44 and nothing else. you're ahead of a huge number of hands.

EDIT: nevermind. i highly doubt he has 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

For my sake I hope I didnt have 77 /images/graemlins/frown.gif OP if I had 77 plz don't tell anyone.

wheelz
12-27-2005, 07:25 PM
[censored] that, he's gotta tell us what you had now /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Drontier
12-27-2005, 07:34 PM
id fold pf, then open fold the flop, check the turn and sneakily raise the river. happy holidays.

djk123
12-27-2005, 07:35 PM
I called down and baron had A4

bicyclekick
12-27-2005, 11:36 PM
calling down is almost always the play.

etizzle
12-27-2005, 11:41 PM
I think baronzues may make this play with a wide variety of aces. Do you put him squarely on A4 or A7 here?

I guess calling down makes more against a random bluff but if baron is playing ok he will probably just give up on the river if his turn raise is called.

I really like a 3 bet .

TheMetetron
12-28-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
calling down is almost always the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I definitely agree with you against a normal person. Almost is correct.

This is baronzeus. This is a weak ace A LOT. I'm 3-betting his ass all day here.

aLOWdAkING
12-28-2005, 06:17 AM
Woohoo, Baronzeus and I and a bunch of other ppl think alike. I say 3-bet also.