PDA

View Full Version : Playing against a paired door

beta1607
12-27-2005, 02:39 PM
I thought this hand was kind of akward when he kept check/calling. Any comments.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

Seat 1: $48
Seat 2: $103.50
Hero: $174.50
Seat 5: $321.25
Seat 6: $216.50
Seat 7: $660
Seat 8: $132

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (3.10 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

5th Street - (3.55 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

6th Street - (5.55 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

River - (7.55 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___calls
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

Total pot: (9.55 BB)

greenage
12-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it seems awkward to me for two reasons. 1) Your hand is so dead and 2) those hearts you’re catching may have frozen him.

If he had the trips, you'd think he'd pop you at some point. Maybe he has a pair and a straight draw. Maybe he just can't let go of a pair.

preiserone
12-27-2005, 04:11 PM
My guess is he has a middle pair in the whole and is hoping you didn't hit ace's up.

I think you played it right the whole way, and I'm almost positive you won this one unless this is the most passive player ever.

preiserone
12-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Second posibility, he has trips and was going to try for a c/r on 5th but held off when you hit the three flush. The two pair is more likely in my mind though.

TheSalche
12-27-2005, 05:06 PM
I personally would've raised with trips on 5th, even if I was certain my opponent had a flush draw, maybe a made flush.

Don't be surprised to see something like JJ in the hole, and he's hoping your cards are dead enough so you didn't make two pare.