PDA

View Full Version : Give me wisdom oh wise ones...

Pocket77s
12-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Bodog.com .50/1 NL Hold'em

Hero $50
Villian $45
Button $25

Hero dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, Hero raises $3 from MP1, 1 fold, Button calls, Villan calls from BB. UTG+1 folds. Pot size $10

Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Villian checks, Hero bets $10, Button folds, Villian calls: Pot size $30

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif Villian checks, Hero bets $15, Villian calls.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif Villian bets $15, Hero calls,

Bodog.com NL Hold'em .50/1

Hero $20
Villian $34
MP3 $80
SB $130
BB $$60

Hero dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 folds, UTG3 calls, Hero calls, 1 folds, MP3 calls, 1fold, SB completes, BB checks, Pot size: $5

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif SB checks, BBchecks, Villian checks, Hero bets $5, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB folds, Villian calls, Pot size: $15

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Villian checks, Hero pushes all in for $14, Villian calls,

If I miss-played any of these two hands at any point let me know.

12-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Hand 1:

Preflop: Fine.
Flop: Fine.
Turn: I dont like the small bet. Bet near the pot or check it down playing it WA/WB. I would pot it because he could be on a draw as often as he has Jx or 9x. 78s, QT, KT, T8s, and a pair of clubs are all possiblities. If the board was monotone and more like J623, then Id probably check behind.
River: Tough one. You arent folding, its either whether to raise or call. His awakening when the flush card comes would probably freeze me, and Id flat call.

Hand 2:

Preflop: Raise it, but a call is fine.
Flop: Fine.
Turn: Fine.

beavens
12-27-2005, 01:51 PM
first hand: pf you need to raise at least 4xBB + 1xBB for every limper.

second hand: raise pf and shove it in on the flop.

Pocket77s
12-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Question for you, you are in a rather loose game, nine handed, you have A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB and 6 people limp with the SB completing. What do you do and why?
You have about $50 dollars in front of you in a NL game, blinds .50/1.

Pocket77s
12-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks... I wasn't sure if I should have raised with AQo in MP1.

beavens
12-27-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question for you, you are in a rather loose game, nine handed, you have A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB and 6 people limp with the SB completing. What do you do and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm raising - we've got a good hand and we need to isolate the field of play.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks... I wasn't sure if I should have raised with AQo in MP1.

[/ QUOTE ]

in your post you have it as AQs, but i'd raise with AQo too.

Maulik
12-27-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first hand: pf you need to raise at least 4xBB + 1xBB for every limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pocket77s
12-27-2005, 02:02 PM
oops sorry, yes it was AQs.

TheRegulat0r
12-27-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $8-$10, whichever you think will win the pot right there. If you get called, flop top pair, push, and stack a guy who limps with and can't fold TT or JJ. If you don't flop top pair... play poker.

Maulik
12-27-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call and look to get it in on the turn. we want a Jack to come along for the ride.

Maulik
12-27-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $10.

beavens
12-27-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call and look to get it in on the turn. we want a Jack to come along for the ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, hero was the one who bet.

and if we bet any amount here we're pretty much committed regardless since we're so short. you saying make a PSB and then shove as to get more $ in the pot?

Maulik
12-27-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, hero was the one who bet.

and if we bet any amount here we're pretty much committed regardless since we're so short. you saying make a PSB and then shove as to get more $ in the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad $20... that's small

HERO: buy in for $100.

Pocket77s
12-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Play poker?? Can you eloborate? Here is another scenario, same circumstances, rather loose game with loose players. Opponents will chase often to the river except you are in the SB with AJs with eight players in. Do you still like to raise with AJ?

Pocket77s
12-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Will do.

Maulik
12-27-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Play poker?? Can you eloborate? Here is another scenario, same circumstances, rather loose game with loose players. Opponents will chase often to the river except you are in the SB with AJs with eight players in. Do you still like to raise with AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the same, but don't make a continuation bet unless you flop a huge hand or tptk. You'll be happy to pick up all the limped money.

12-27-2005, 02:25 PM
If I bet preflop (AQs) should I bet the turn in either
case (hit or not)?

beavens
12-27-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I bet preflop (AQs) should I bet the turn in either
case (hit or not)?

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean bet the flop or fire another barrel on the turn?

both depend on the number of callers, your position, your image, stack sizes and the type of villians in the hand.

Pocket77s
12-27-2005, 02:42 PM
I will ususally fire a pot sized bet if I miss and If I get called, then I would seriously think before firing another one.

TheWorstPlayer
12-27-2005, 02:52 PM
push turn in hand 1. hand 2 is fine.