PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have trouble changing email addresses with PartyPoker?

JTG51
07-28-2003, 12:13 PM
I tried to change my email address with PartyPoker two days ago. As of yesterday I still hadn't gotten my new validation code. I tried 24 hour support, they said they would resend it. Still nothing this morning. I am online with a live floorperson right now who said he just sent it again. Still nothing. I know my email is working fine, so that's not the issue.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? How did you fix it?

Thanks.

RockLobster
07-28-2003, 12:29 PM
Sorry JTG, no such problems here. I switched e-mails about a month w/o issue...

Hung
07-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Why would you like to change your e-mail?

JTG51
07-28-2003, 12:55 PM
That seems like a strange question, but if you really want to know...

I was using a free hotmail account. Hotmail is OK, but it's not great. I want to change to the account that my ISP provides. Partly because it's generally better and easier to use, and partly because it's much eaiser to use with Poker Tracker and/or Poker Stat.

Now, why would you like to know why I'd like to change my email? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RockLobster
07-28-2003, 01:39 PM
I can set you up with JTG51@riveredagain.com if you'd like, and I won't even ask why! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JTG51
07-28-2003, 01:43 PM
LOL, thanks Rock. I may take you up on that offer since Party support doesn't seem capable of/interested in helping me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bull7
07-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Go to the Lobby Page of Party Poker. Click on "My Account" in the upper left corner. Then click "Change/Validate Email". Make sute the email address you want to use is in the window on the bottom half of the screen. If so, click "Send New Validation Code", then check your email for the validation email. Follow the instructions of that email. You may have to do this several times before you actually receive a validation email. If you do it more than once, make sure you enter the latest validation code sent to you, as it is the only one which will work.

If your new email address does NOT appear in the window in the lower portion of the screen, you will have to start the process over agaain by entering the new email in the field in the top half of the screen. Then click "validate" and check your email. Remember to check your new email box, as that is where the validation email will be sent.

Hope this helps.

TomCollins
07-28-2003, 03:23 PM
I had problems with their customer support people as well. If there weren't so many fish at Party, there's no way I'd play there.

When I first signed up, I was only using my cell phone, and did not have a land line. Not wanting to recieve a ton of telemarketing calls from wherever they might release my number to, I simply filled in (area code) 000-0000 as my phone number. I played for a few days, and recieved an email saying that I had made a withdrawl on my account. No sign of my money was anywhere, not even in my Neteller account that I deposited it from. I used their customer support online, and they told me to call and talk to someone else. I ended up changing my phone number online before calling, assuming that might be the issue, but still unknown that With their convienient hours of 6AM-2PM, I found time to call, and realized that they put a hold on my account (without telling me of course, thinking I had been the victim of some kind of internet fraud). They said that my phone number had been invalid (I wonder why?) and that they would call me back to ensure that I put in the proper phone number.

Fast forward to 2 weeks later, I recieve an email saying my account had been put on hold, and I would need to contact the same customer service agent I had contacted before. I called back, knowing the drill, and she informed me there was not an issue. Cashed out the next day.

I am back for now, and need to change my phone number and address again before I cash out some of my winnings... wonder how much of a hassle it will be.

JTG51
07-28-2003, 03:26 PM
You may have to do this several times before you actually receive a validation email.

Thanks Bull. I've done it 3 or 4 times already, I guess I'll try it a few more times before I give up.

Jim Easton
07-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Would a riveredagain.com address be web-based, or could I use it with Outlook/Outlook Express?

RockLobster
07-28-2003, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would a riveredagain.com address be web-based, or could I use it with Outlook/Outlook Express?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jim--

Well, it's both actually (web-based & pop3). Don't think me rude, but I don't plan on setting up mailboxes for the gang (I have a limited amount and I don't want to be responsible for people having mail problems, should issues arise)... I offered this to JTG since we've met and I sort of know him and he sounds like he's in a jam...

Sorry--

GrannyMae
07-28-2003, 05:37 PM
make sure your new mail server does not consider the email from party to be spam. if you have filters, turn them off or set them low.

good luck

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/lamp.gif

JTG51
07-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Granny, unfortunately that's not the problem either. I have received emails from Party support at my new address.