PDA

View Full Version : AQ reraise $22

Turk
12-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Button had raised with some pretty mediocre hands and backed off at least once before in a similar situation where I had come over the top of his raise.
Here I figured he would be beating up on the BB with a pretty wide range and that there was a good chance he would lay down or call with a lesser ace or worse.
Is this a reasonable play or should I just be avoiding the big stack here?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

UTG (t1119)
CO (t1712)
Button (t3217)
Hero (t1558)
BB (t394)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t700</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t1458 (All-in)</font>, <font color="red">BB raises t194 (All-in)</font>, Button calls t858

Flop: (t3510) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)

Turn: (t3510) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)

River: (t3510) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)

pergesu
12-27-2005, 04:24 AM
Yeah definitely. You're almost certainly ahead of his range, and there's a 5th stack (though small) sucking up some equity. BB isn't gonna fold, but it'd be nice to take up all that dead money if Button folds, and otherwise you're still in a pretty good situation.