PDA

View Full Version : ($16) JJ in the bb versus 6xbb bet and cold call

11t
12-27-2005, 01:33 AM
Original raiser has been involved in a several pots, and seems sane but weak. The standard opening raise, and I think this true for most levels/players, is 3-4xbb. When I saw his opening raise I immediately pegged on him 99/TT and AK/AQ with possibly 88/QQ. A medium strength worth a raise but vulnerable to a flop. The cold caller is a donk and probably has a lower PP, AQ and lower, or KQ/KJs.

Basically I don't think I really want to take a coinflip here even if I am getting 2:1. I am ahead of both of their ranges, however the 6xbb raise and the cold call I think basically eliminates my chance of buying this pot preflop.

I dunno, I really didn't like pushing here but I felt that I was too far ahead to fold even though if they both called I was probably only a 50% favorite.

I want to buy the pot preflop, but don't mind one caller, but I hate both of them calling. CO is awful and could call with a wide range such as KQ.

Also, I think calling preflop is out of the question.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG (t1030)
UTG+1 (t2180)
MP1 (t1640)
MP2 (t1255)
MP3 (t1440)
CO (t1270)
Button (t1725)
SB (t980)
Hero (t1980)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t300</font>, CO calls t300, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1980

Burno
12-27-2005, 04:05 AM
I think I'd push too, though I'm not terribly excited about it, it does seem better than calling or folding. I also agree with the hand ranges you've put your opponents on. I wouldn't be surprised to find you are racing one and have the other dominated, or that they are sharing an out. Either way I'd expect to be up against 8 collective outs.

What % of the time do you expect one of them will drop to your shove? I'm thinking about 30-40% of the time one of them folds. Sound about right?