PDA

View Full Version : Anna Kournikova

06-26-2002, 05:07 PM
In terms of raw talent, I think Anna Kournikova is the best that the game of tennis has produced in the past 50 years. The reason she has not done as well as she should is because the press and paparazzi keep annoying her. This gets in the way of her focus and concentration. If only these opportunists stopped hounding her and treating her unjustly, she would go straight to the top and give Capriatti, Hingis, and the Williams sisters a beating. I predict that Anna Kournikova will become the premier tennis player of her era if the press stopped distracting her.

06-26-2002, 05:13 PM
....that I would become the premier husband, if Anna Kournikova would stop distracting ME!

06-26-2002, 05:38 PM

06-26-2002, 10:45 PM

06-26-2002, 10:48 PM
Have you ever been ranked 9th in the world at anything? If you have, I'll bet you think you are darn good at whatever it is. If not, then respect her for being an extremely good player, albeit, not amongst the greats of her sport.

Danny

06-28-2002, 10:32 AM
I may be 9th-best in the world at poker. Who knows, I don't think I've really played - or cared - enough to find out.

Frankly, being ninth-best - or being considered ninth-best by strangers - at anything doesn't really excite me.

I'd rather be, like, the single best husband my wife could have conceivably met. Or at least the best at something.

Some second-rate player who hangs on to the limelight with her flowing hair doesn't really float my boat.

Maybe it's because I've watched too much college football, but I have zero respect for number nine.

Really, if you're say fifth-best for enough years, eventually you'll get lucky enough to be "best" for a day at some point.

Really, Anna could be zillionth-best, but there is so little competition for number nine in women's tennis, a lot of people better than her don't even bother.

eLROY

06-28-2002, 11:08 PM
Lets see. Who is the 9th best basketball player around? Say, Chris Webber? Has he won anything?

How about the 9th best baseball player. Say, Mike Piazza. Has he won anything?

There is so little competition to be in the top ten in womens tennis? On what do you base that?

Danny