PDA

View Full Version : "I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire"

Tyler Durden
12-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Long story.

There's a bar near my house (Carpool in Ballston in Arlington, VA) that I go to about 2 or 3 times a week. So I know pretty much all of the waitresses and they know me.

Whenever I go to CP I'm there for a long time and I've accidentally walked out w/o paying my tab b/c I've totally forgotten about it. This has happened probably 2 or 3 times. Each time I either got to my car or driven halfway home before I realized it, so I went back to the bar and asked for my tab and paid. I consider myself a very honest person so I would never walk out on a tab intentionally.

So this one time on a Saturday night I was there w/ 2+2er asofel and we were drinking. I only had about three beers and left before last call and forgot to pay (waitresses there don't ask for a credit card if they know you).

I showed up about three days later and asofel was w/ me and the same waitress (Waitress A) was working in our area. She very kindly told me that I forgot to pay her but said "I knew it wasn't a big deal b/c I'd see you again" and was smiling while she said it. I apologized profusely, explained that I totally forgot and paid and gave her an extra tip. Everything was cool, she totally forgave me. Since then, she has continued to wait on me w/o asking for my credit card.

Then I show up about a week later and a different waitress (Waitress B) is working. She sees me and approaches, holding the tab that I walked out on and asks for the money. I tell her a bunch of times that I already paid for it. She was very suspicious and skeptical and I really didn't appreciate her doubting me. (I don't understand why tho, I'd have to be a real idiot to show up at a bar a few days after walking out on a tab and expect to be served). asofel also told her that I had paid on my last visit.

All night she gives me [censored] in front of my friends, for that incident and also for other things that I can't remember. I think she may have seen it as joking around but I was getting irritated and remembered thinking that she didn't know me well enough to be giving me all of this [censored].

So I said "I've never said this to a lady before, but I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire." I was mostly joking. She's about 28 and I'm 25, if that matters.

I felt bad immediately and she didn't seem too pleased so I walked over to her and said I was sorry for saying that. She said "it's alright, I know you'd piss on me." That was that, seemed like we'd made up.

About two weeks later I'm there to celebrate a friend's birthday and I buy him and some other friends a shot. Then later the birthday boy asks me to do a shot w/ him and at the end of the night when I ask Waitress B for my tab, I see that the second shots are on my tab also. I didn't even want to do those shots (it was a White Rabbit--Jim Beam and milk) so I also didn't want to pay for them. I tried explaining that they should be on his tab not mine and she said in a bitchy way that I'd have to work it out w/ him. So he and I agreed that he'd pay for them and I told her that and she said "I'm not going to pay for them! It's not my responsibility!" and i thought "wtf, I just told her he'd pay for them" so I repeated myself and she said "oh okay, I thought you said I was going to pay for them." but she was very frazzled and it took a long time for me to close my tab.

Fast forward to about two or three weeks later, she was working again and I ignored her most of the night due to out mutual dislike for each other (clearly my apology about the pissing comment didn't stick) and towards the end of the night I ask her for a beer and she brings it and says "that'll be $4.50" i'm thinkin to myself "wtf, they never ask me to pay upon delivery?" so i say "can't i just get a tab going?" and she says "yes I'll just need your credit card" and now I'm more weirded out but I give it to her. Later I ask why she asked for my credit card (I took it as an insult) and she said "well you've walked out on tabs before so if you want to be served this is how it'll be." I was livid when she said that I had "walked out on tabs before" b/c it was a) false and b) made it sound like I did it intentionally and like I'm a dishonest person. I walked out on ONE tab so to pluralize that is inaccurate. She also said that she wouldn't argue w/ me and that I could go to the bar if I wanted. I told her that it was the first time in a year that a waitress there asked for my credit card and I told her that not even Waitress A asks for my card, so why is she doing it? But she didn't care.

Later I closed my tab and paid for it w/ my card and left no tip b/c she's a bitch and why would I want to tip a bitch? I also told her that the waitress whom I walked out on doesn't ask for my card, so why is she doing it? She kinda ignored that question but I know it's b/c she's being spiteful.

Later she came to the table where I was sitting w/ friends and asked if we needed drinks and I loudly said "well I already closed my tab so if I want another beer do I have to give you my card again? How does that work?" but I was just giving her [censored]. She told me again that she wouldn't argue w/ me and I told her it was [censored] as she walked away. I was really bothered the whole night.

Comments?

Clarkmeister
12-26-2005, 06:13 PM
tl; dr. I'm sure it makes you look badass though.

xorbie
12-26-2005, 06:16 PM
i would piss on her, then set her on fire.

Senor Cardgage
12-26-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would piss on her, then set her on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would let her piss on me, then stick a pool cue up her ass.

But to each his own.

tonypaladino
12-26-2005, 06:20 PM
switch bars?

tom441lbk
12-26-2005, 06:21 PM
xorbie,

priceless

lbk

12-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Hate-[censored]?

Or talk to the owner.

Tyler Durden
12-26-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
switch bars?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not an option.

fluxrad
12-26-2005, 06:26 PM
If everyone knows you're a regular, including the manager then the solution is easy: Call the manager, ask to know the nights that waitress B is not working and let him know that those are the nights he can have your business.

Even if he doesn't tell you when she's working (no manager in his right mind would divulge that information) he'll at least know that waitress B is starting to cost him money in terms of visits from regulars.

7ontheline
12-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Can you just tell her that you don't want her to wait on you anymore? If this doesn't work, then talk to the owner/manager.

Tyler Durden
12-26-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you just tell her that you don't want her to wait on you anymore? If this doesn't work, then talk to the owner/manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

She may refuse service to me in the future but it doesn't matter, I'm not going to ask her for drinks anymore. I'll just go to the bar.

Neal_Schon
12-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Step 1: Put some Journey on the jukebox.

Step 2: Carefully inform her of your impressive placing in the 2004 WSOP

Step 3: Tap it all night long.

bugstud
12-26-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Step 1: Put some Journey on the jukebox.

Step 2: Carefully inform her of your impressive placing in the 2004 WSOP

Step 3: Tap it all night long.

[/ QUOTE ]

zing!

SuitedSixes
12-26-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've accidentally walked out w/o paying my tab b/c I've totally forgotten about it. This has happened probably 2 or 3 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I walked out on ONE tab so to pluralize that is inaccurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

tl;wihr

UCF THAYER
12-26-2005, 06:43 PM
I think you played this badly.

I will go into detail later, busy.

RacersEdge
12-26-2005, 06:49 PM
1. Can't you figure out to get a different waitress when you go there?

2. Don't piss off people who prepare your food or drinks.

1800GAMBLER
12-26-2005, 07:24 PM
I can't believe this event could affect anyone so much to write up a huge post about it. Do you normally spend your days watching paint dry?

MrTrik
12-26-2005, 07:37 PM
tl;dr

Amazon.com: The Elements of Style, Third Edition: Books by William Strunk Jr.,EB White.

Pay special attention where they talk about writing concisely. Less is always more if it's written more meaningfully.

Tyler Durden
12-26-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe this event could affect anyone so much to write up a huge post about it. Do you normally spend your days watching paint dry?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing nothing this evening, so I posted it.

billyjex
12-26-2005, 08:20 PM
This story is not worth reading.

asofel
12-26-2005, 08:56 PM
The waitress is really hot. I would definitely piss on her.

chesspain
12-26-2005, 09:04 PM
If you actually become a well-known poker player will you also become an even bigger douchebag?

asofel
12-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Chesspain,

TD is many things. Prick, [censored], loser, tool...but he is NOT a doubebag!!

chesspain
12-26-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chesspain,

TD is many things. Prick, [censored], loser, tool...but he is NOT a doubebag!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad--I could use a doobie bag right now.

UCF THAYER
12-26-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this badly.

I will go into detail later, busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st off, you said you have walked out on your tabs more than once.
Now i am sure that they were honest mistakes, and you didn't mean to, but the fact is you have, and it can be annoying to your waitress.

You should have just smiled politely, handed her your card, and tipped her alot that night. She should after that be very nice with you, and there shouldn't be any more problems.
This is alot better option than being rude to her, and having awkward moments every time you go to that bar.

Now if after you tip her nicely she is still rude to you, by all means do all you can to get her fired, by telling the manager about her and what not.

12-26-2005, 09:18 PM
you sounds like a douche bag don't walk out on a tab

Ulysses
12-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Tyler,

Sounds like you just need to learn how to properly interact with bar staff.

tonypaladino
12-26-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have just smiled politely, handed her your card, and tipped her alot that night. She should after that be very nice with you, and there shouldn't be any more problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Being able to run a tab without a CC is a privilege, and one that the best regulars at many bars are not granted.

Tony

asofel
12-26-2005, 09:30 PM
El D,

This is true. As a young man who is hip, cool, and also on the down low, I'm a favorite of the bar staff and especially the door men.

This bar in question is the one where I accidentally put a small hole in the wall. The manager was completely cool just like most of the staff. TD just has no patience for 127 and up.

Tyler Durden
12-26-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really hot? no.

Tyler Durden
12-26-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you actually become a well-known poker player will you also become an even bigger douchebag?

[/ QUOTE ]

anything is possible.

Ray Zee
12-26-2005, 09:38 PM
sounds like she might have been flirting with you in the beginning and you let it esclate into something awful. buy her a bottle of wine and tell her "lets start over" and maybe things will be fine for both of you.
since you have nothing going maybe you might even have a slim chance to get some

asofel
12-26-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really hot? no.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know its true. Ask 10 of our friends and you'll get that response a majority of the time.

elus2
12-26-2005, 09:55 PM
in restaurants/bars that i go to, the server takes on the risk/responsibility when a customer doesn't pay. i'd suggest not making a fuss over it since it is essentially a non-issue on your end. pulling out your credit card can't be that difficult.

GoblinMason (Craig)
12-26-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

tl;wihr

[/ QUOTE ]

nh; me too

hobbsmann
12-26-2005, 10:38 PM
based on the title I thought this was going to be a post about the band death by stereo (a ton of the names of their songs are in the same vein).

Dominic
12-26-2005, 10:42 PM
comments? Yeah. Get over it. And thanks for wasting the four minutes it took for me to read that drivel.

HopeydaFish
12-26-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tl; dr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the condensed version:

http://www.kvpt.org/0to5/images/home/crying_baby.jpg

mushi
12-26-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sounds like she might have been flirting with you in the beginning and you let it esclate into something awful. buy her a bottle of wine and tell her "lets start over" and maybe things will be fine for both of you.
since you have nothing going maybe you might even have a slim chance to get some

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo thats the way to go

BTW Tyler BlockBuster called they said they want the DVD you live in back /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mushi /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Warik
12-26-2005, 11:24 PM
So you're a good enough customer to go every couple of days, have waitresses remember you, and have the staff be confident that you will be back to pay your forgotten tab.... yet you aren't a good enough customer to tell the manager that one of the waitresses has been giving you [censored]?

Talk to the chief and tell him to get his indians in line.

ethan
12-27-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We appear to have found yet another area where Ray's advice is correct.

This really does all simplify down to "don't be a jackass", but that seems a little too much to ask.

SCfuji
12-27-2005, 05:01 AM
if waitress B is new i think you shouldve looked at things from her viewpoint. she wouldnt know you were a special regular customer and was probably just trying to do her job. but later on i think shes just trying to be an ass because you talked down to the 'princess b1tch'.

Jules22
12-27-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
About two weeks later I'm there to celebrate a friend's birthday and I buy him and some other friends a shot. Then later the birthday boy asks me to do a shot w/ him and at the end of the night when I ask Waitress B for my tab, I see that the second shots are on my tab also. I didn't even want to do those shots (it was a White Rabbit--Jim Beam and milk) so I also didn't want to pay for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

this strikes me as cheap, especially considering it is your friends bday. also, try carrying some cash with you, it is liberating!

Yeti
12-27-2005, 08:08 AM
I stopped reading at the part where you made a huge scene about being billed for a couple of shots that you shared with a friend ON HIS BIRTHDAY.

Jesus.

vulturesrow
12-27-2005, 10:30 AM
The fact that you dont have a * for this post is damn near miraculous. Mayhaps Astro hasnt gotten around to his daily culling.

MrMon
12-27-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is true. As a young man who is hip, cool, and also on the down low, I'm a favorite of the bar staff and especially the door men.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I know you, but did you really mean to say this? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

vexvelour
12-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Call in the morning-time and complain you had a really terrible waitress to the manager.

samjjones
12-27-2005, 12:47 PM
To use the vernacular of our the day, this is really "weaksauce". You have already demonstrated the repeated ability to walk out on tabs; and this waitress is just doing her job. Who do you think pays for the tabs that people walk out on?

I don't care how often you frequent this place, or how much money you bring in, but you acted like an ass, and you should sincerely apologize to her.

r2p
12-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Talk to the manager/owner if you like the place. The manager/owner wants to keep the regulars happy and you are not out of line but she is breaking your balls.

MonkeeMan
12-27-2005, 02:02 PM
You've got your panties in a bunch because a waitress wants either cash or a credit card when you order a drink?

Because of past history, to her you're a worse risk than a total stranger, not to mention the guy who "wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire".

So yeah, try to get her fired or something.

12-27-2005, 02:15 PM
So, at what point is the waitress just being a b*tch?

I play pub poker at the same place every week for months now. Not only have I never walked out on a tab, but twice I have paid tabs of friends who accidently walked out on their tabs. Sometimes they ask for a credit card nowadays, but mostly they never bother.

Recently, I got a new waitress, I ordered a beer, she asked for a credit card. I told her that I actually was just having one beer tonight, so didn't want to run a tab. She leaves, and comes back, with a reciept, and asks me to pay for the beer.

Note that I did not say that she brought the beer. No, she just brought the receipt and wanted me to PREPAY for my beer. I responded that this was unacceptable, and when she hands me a beer, I will be glad to hand her some money. Seriously has anyone had this one happen to them? It still concerns me to this day. The only "prepay" diner or bar I have ever been in would be "McDonalds," and I'm thinking the rules are valid in being a little different there...

Fortunately I know most of the waitresses table areas, so I simply avoid her area now.

Ray

slamdunkpro
12-27-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, at what point is the waitress just doing what she is told?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP (from a bar owner's perspective)

To Tyler: (again same perspective)

The bar and the waitstaff aren’t banks – it’s not their job to loan you money or extend credit. You’ve walked out on tabs on more than one occasion. If you did this even once at my bar, regular or not, the staff would be instructed to get a credit card.

You’re lucky they don’t make you pay as you go.

It just raises my hackles when bar customers do something whiney or stupid and then try to justify it with the “but I’m a regular” excuse.

asofel
12-27-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I know you, but did you really mean to say this? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised it took this long for a reaction...although I suppose everyone's busy ripping TD a new one...

The dl part was just a reference to El D's pic, and the rest was over stating something to the point where I thought it would be amusing...hopefully no one took it seriously...not that there's anything wrong with that /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ulysses
12-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Tyler,

I just read Yeti's post and went back to actually read your entire post. Wow. Your friend asks you to have a shot with him on his birthday and you throw a fit when the waitress puts them on your tab and tell her to put them on his bill? What a f'in bitch-ass move, man. You go to a bar to celebrate a friend's birthday and then you make him pay for shots? What a piece of [censored].

Eurotrash
12-27-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You go to a bar to celebrate a friend's birthday and then you make him pay for shots? What a piece of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, cut the guy some slack. that 126th place paycheck is probably getting spread a little bit thin by now.

Ulysses
12-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Tyler,

Just so my sentiments are clear to you and everyone else.

1) Yes, I understand you oh so generously bought your friend whose birthday you were celebrating one shot.

2) Yes, I still think that makes what you did a complete bitch-ass move. Who the hell makes a scene about paying for a shot for a guy on his birthday just because he already bought him one? Obviously, even with your past history at the bar, the waitress did not at first think you were such a cheapskate POS, but she clearly gave you way too much credit.

3) Yes, it actually reflects on you, not the staff, that you can't even run a tab at your local bar, and definitely not get comped shots during a birthday celebration. If you acted like less of a prick, you'd likely be treated much better.

4) Yes, I understand why you are sending your pathetic messages to me in PMs, but why don't you just man up and make your pathetic defense of your weak-ass actions here in this thread for all to see?

5) No, I don't give a [censored] that you wouldn't piss on me if I were on fire. Believe me, I would never count on a pathetic individual like you for anything. I have plenty of real friends that I can count on, which is not something you can probably really relate to.

DcifrThs
12-27-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

while tyler's post is funny b/c he's got his panties in a bunch about this jazz, he's not a douchebag. he's a good guy and i'd vouch for him for whatever that may be worth.

Barron

slickpoppa
12-28-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

5) No, I don't give a [censored] that you wouldn't piss on me if I were on fire. Believe me, I would never count on a pathetic individual like you for anything. I have plenty of real friends that I can count on, which is not something you can probably really relate to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although his OP was long and rambling, TD is a good guy and definitely not a cheapskate.

asofel
12-28-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

while tyler's post is funny b/c he's got his panties in a bunch about this jazz, he's not a douchebag. he's a good guy and i'd vouch for him for whatever that may be worth.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

nice Barron...you might relate to this given some posts i've read in the past, but a similar online persona vs real life attitude definitely is at play here. I'll give TD plenty of [censored] like anyone else, but whoever takes the stuff he posts as 100% serious is missing some sarcasm and intended arrogance...

DcifrThs
12-28-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tyler,

1) Yes, I understand you oh so generously bought your friend whose birthday you were celebrating one shot.

2) Yes, I still think that makes what you did a complete bitch-ass move. Who the hell makes a scene about paying for a shot for a guy on his birthday just because he already bought him one? Obviously, even with your past history at the bar, the waitress did not at first think you were such a cheapskate POS, but she clearly gave you way too much credit.

3) Yes, it actually reflects on you, not the staff, that you can't even run a tab at your local bar, and definitely not get comped shots during a birthday celebration. If you acted like less of a prick, you'd likely be treated much better.

4) Yes, I understand why you are sending your pathetic messages to me in PMs, but why don't you just man up and make your pathetic defense of your weak-ass actions here in this thread for all to see?

[/ QUOTE ]

MM, give yaser some slack although its clear that you feel its not necessary. clearly its a dick move to have a ffriend pay for shots on his birthday. but overall, he's a good guy and not deserving of your vitriolic diatribe, imo.

Barron

Tyler Durden
12-28-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tyler,

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't really know me so i don't care what you say. for a look at the real TD, just read the (unsolicited) posts after yours. but i don't care if you don't. you take yourself and OOT far too seriously. go elsewhere for the e-fellatio, you ain't getting it here.

DcifrThs
12-28-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll give TD plenty of [censored] like anyone else, but whoever takes the stuff he posts as 100% serious is missing some sarcasm and intended arrogance... but seeing some unintended idiocy

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ulysses
12-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Dcifr: My post with multiple posts was made in response to unsolicited rude PMs from TD himself.

slick: While he may or may not be a cheapskate in general, the "make the birthday guy buy the shots" move was a weak-ass cheapskate move.

asofel: I am basing my judgement on what I have to go by. A pattern of douche-like behavior described and displayed in his posts along with some random PMs he decided to send me in response to my earlier post. I had given him the benefit of the doubt in the past as some sort of douchebag online persona, but his PMs make me think that's really just who he is.

TD: Yes, Dcifr, who is admittedly very gullible and has at times shown very poor judgement has been convinced you're not a douchebag. And there are some guys who like you. Great, good for you. I know lots of a-holes who have lots of friends. So f'in what? I of course don't know you nor do I care what you think. You chose to post an experience and I am simply giving you feedback about what you posted - that you clearly behaved like a complete douchebag POS, both to the staff and to your friend. If you didn't want feedback, I'm not sure why you posted it on a discussion forum. And while I wouldn't think you would care what I say, I'm not sure why you felt the need to send me the PMs you did if you really didn't care.

Tyler Durden
12-28-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dcifr: My post with multiple posts was made in response to unsolicited rude PMs from TD himself.

slick: While he may or may not be a cheapskate in general, the "make the birthday guy buy the shots" move was a weak-ass cheapskate move.

asofel: I am basing my judgement on what I have to go by. A pattern of douche-like behavior described and displayed in his posts along with some random PMs he decided to send me in response to my earlier post. I had given him the benefit of the doubt in the past as some sort of douchebag online persona, but his PMs make me think that's really just who he is.

TD: Yes, Dcifr, who is admittedly very gullible and has at times shown very poor judgement has been convinced you're not a douchebag. And there are some guys who like you. Great, good for you. I know lots of a-holes who have lots of friends. So f'in what? I of course don't know you nor do I care what you think. You chose to post an experience and I am simply giving you feedback about what you posted - that you clearly behaved like a complete douchebag POS, both to the staff and to your friend. If you didn't want feedback, I'm not sure why you posted it on a discussion forum. And while I wouldn't think you would care what I say, I'm not sure why you felt the need to send me the PMs you did if you really didn't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire but I'd definitely drop a huge stinking sloppy deuce on you.

Ulysses
12-28-2005, 12:31 AM
TD,

Anyone who has ever worked in the bar/restaurant industry probably has a pretty good idea of what kind of guy is a 2 to 3 times a week regular at a bar and knows all the staff -- yet isn't allowed to run a tab and isn't automatically given free shots in situations such as the one you described.

Tyler Durden
12-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Clearly you know me very well so your assessment of me is probably dead on.

I really want to tell you once again that I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire but I would definitely take a huge stinking sloppy deuce on you, but....I'm not going to do that.

Ulysses
12-28-2005, 12:48 AM
TD,

I don't know you at all. I just know that you are the kind of guy that will have a shot with a guy on his birthday and then throw a hissy fit and make him pay for the shots. And I know that you are a 2 to 3 times a week regular at a bar who knows all the staff, yet now they won't all let you run a tab there. And I have a pretty good guess at your maturity level from your posts.

DcifrThs
12-28-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TD,

I don't know you at all. I just know that you are the kind of guy that will have a shot with a guy on his birthday and then throw a hissy fit and make him pay for the shots. And I know that you are a 2 to 3 times a week regular at a bar who knows all the staff, yet now they won't all let you run a tab there. And I have a pretty good guess at your maturity level from your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

given your information, your conclusion is hard to refute.

if you showed me the posts he's made in the past, including this one, and askme to pick the person out of a lineup, i would not come closer to picking out yaser. but again, as you've noted, i am gullible, and have, in the past, shown quite poor judgement.

anyways el D, happy holidays!

Barron

Tyler Durden
12-28-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TD,

[/ QUOTE ]

given your information, your conclusion is hard to refute.

if you showed me the posts he's made in the past, including this one, and askme to pick the person out of a lineup, i would not come closer to picking out yaser. but again, as you've noted, i am gullible, and have, in the past, shown quite poor judgement.

anyways el D, happy holidays!

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

slamdunkpro
12-28-2005, 01:10 AM
OK I’m confused, you posted this as a public message, asked for comments and now are replying in PM’s??????

Yes I read where you went back and paid – but the last time it took you three days.

I’m curious as to why you keep forgetting to pay, the last one was only 3 beers so you weren’t hammered, so……???? If you’re that absent minded then just give the server a credit card and don’t worry about your tab.

Second, in my last post I was just responding from the other side of the bar – as a bar owner, if you walk out on tabs (even if you come to pay them later) you create difficulties for me and my staff. The server might bitch about having to cover your bill until you pay it – someone has to remember that you didn’t pay it and look for you to come back in, and so on. With everything else going on in that business additional crap like this no one needs. As I implied – this is not the way to become a “favored customer”

Further question:

[ QUOTE ]
Then I show up about a week later and a different waitress (Waitress B) is working. She sees me and approaches, holding the tab that I walked out on and asks for the money. I tell her a bunch of times that I already paid for it. She was very suspicious and skeptical and I really didn't appreciate her doubting me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello you have a history of walking out on tabs and this time you didn’t come back for three days – Your credibility here is zero.

So – to summarize:

You have walked out on multiple tabs (and settled them)
The last one didn’t get settled for three days
You get upset when a server won’t take your word that you settled a “walk out”
You “know all the waitresses and they know you” but when one ribs you they “don’t know you well enough” but you know her well enough to hit her with the “on fire” insult
You say you’re sorry and “all should be well”
You make an issue about paying for 2 shots because the server possibly made a mistake when you’ve made several that you seem to expect absolution for.

There’s more but this is long enough. You behaved like an ass. Period.

Wes ManTooth
12-28-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know lots of a-holes who have lots of friends. So f'in what?

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, so true.... because I have lots of friends /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ED,

as a friend of TD, i can also say that he is a nice guy even with his "different" sense of humor. There is more to person then a single bar story. I would have never agreed to coach him to a 126th finish in the 2004 WSOP if I thought he was a douchebag.

-ManTooth

Tyler Durden
12-28-2005, 01:17 AM
she's not worried about me walking out on my tab. she's just getting revenge/being spiteful.

rory
12-28-2005, 01:28 AM
you had a lot of opportunities to save the situation but you messed them all up by being angry and feeling bad for yourself.

Aloysius
12-28-2005, 03:51 AM
TD - let's assume that this waitress IS being vengeful/spiteful. Are you really worked up about this? I honestly can't imagine anyone I know caring about this particular situation at all.

You still go to your favorite bar all the time, a majority of the staff loves you, and 1 random waitress asks you for a credit card occasionally instead of letting you settle up at the end of the night... and this petty act of "revenge" bothers you? Dude, she's a waitress at some bar. You placed 126th in the 2004 WSOP (I'm assuming Main Event). Have some perspective.

Do you want to bang this girl or something? Maybe that's what's going on.

-Al

mikech
12-28-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
About two weeks later I'm there to celebrate a friend's birthday and I buy him and some other friends a shot. Then later the birthday boy asks me to do a shot w/ him and at the end of the night when I ask Waitress B for my tab, I see that the second shots are on my tab also. I didn't even want to do those shots (it was a White Rabbit--Jim Beam and milk) so I also didn't want to pay for them. I tried explaining that they should be on his tab not mine and she said in a bitchy way that I'd have to work it out w/ him. So he and I agreed that he'd pay for them

[/ QUOTE ]

what really amazes me is that he actually went and told his "friend" to pay for those shots. how shameless do you have to be to do that on your friend's birthday?

i'd like to ask the op a question: if you wouldn't buy a friend a second shot on his birthday, would you at least take a big stinking deuce on him? least you could do for a pal.

MonkeeMan
12-28-2005, 12:21 PM
I suggest a new strategy.

When you walk in the bar and take your seat place a $20 on the bar when you order. When that is gone repeat. At the end of the night leave $3 to $5 (or more) for each $20 you've spent, depending on service and feeling of generosity. If your bartender or waitress is leaving before you do, be sure they get their tip early.

I'm betting you'll get a lot more "Hey Norm"'s after a few weeks.

Riverman
12-28-2005, 01:36 PM
I dont know about the OP in general, but he is either a cheapskate or an idiot. I have never forgotten to pay a bar tab, nor have I ever been with anyone who has forgotten to do so. MAYBE if youre semi-blackout but definitely not under normal circumstances.

Let me also be the 157482th person to point out that bitching about a shot for your friend on his birthday is a real douchebag move.

BeerMoney
12-28-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
she's not worried about me walking out on my tab. she's just getting revenge/being spiteful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain why you threw a hissy fit about paying for a few shots?

You seem like the type of guy that lives in a 5,000 square foot house, but gives his paper boy a lousy tip, and is always haggling with your friends over $$.

U suck.

Tyler Durden
12-28-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm cheap sometimes, but not usually. This past Saturday I was at the Redskins/Giants game and bought beers for the couple next to me b/c they were cool Redskins fans. But it's okay if OOTers think I'm cheap. Not a big deal.

But yea, I agree that it was a dick move on my part to not just pay for the shots.

DcifrThs
12-28-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know about the OP in general, but he is either a cheapskate or an idiot. I have never forgotten to pay a bar tab, nor have I ever been with anyone who has forgotten to do so. MAYBE if youre semi-blackout but definitely not under normal circumstances.

Let me also be the 157482th person to point out that bitching about a shot for your friend on his birthday is a real douchebag move.

[/ QUOTE ]

well now come on...this is something that i do, or USED to do with astonishing regularity. every monday the APA has a pool league in limpable distance from my house at my local bar (read: less than 2 blocks)

id regularly put my credit card down to start a tab although it wouldn't be necessary. 1 out of ever 2 times i go (this is over many many months, once per week) id leave my card at the bar and not pay my tab. of course id go back sometime later in the week (or the next monday) and pay the tab and drink more...finally, brian (bartender) said to me when i put my card down "give me your keys" so that i coulnd't get into my apt. w/o paying my tab.

that solved that lol.

point: people forget [censored] when drunk. as long as they're stand up enough to pay it and continue to be good customers its probably ok.

Barron