PDA

View Full Version : JJ level 3 push with a limper

GtrHtr
12-26-2005, 06:08 PM
PartyPoker, Big Blind is t50 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

UTG (t700)
UTG+1 (t730)
Hero (t730)
MP2 (t696)
MP3 (t725)
CO+1 (t1060)
CO (t1110)
Button (t1105)
SB (t840)
BB (t304)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls t50, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero t730 (All-in)</font>,

12-26-2005, 06:12 PM
I like this push. Your M is &lt;10 at this point and am I wrong in assuming you wouldn't mind a coinflip against overcards?

ZBTHorton
12-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Standard for me.

ravensfan
12-26-2005, 06:26 PM
I think this depends on where in L3 you're at.

Maybe i'm too tight/passive, but i think i'd generally call or standard bet if the table hasn't been too wild and then work on position (if it's early in the level and blinds aren't gonna double and crush you when they reach you). Also, you'll probably be called by many high/suited aces, so it might be a good idea to see a flop somewhat cheaply and push if an Ace or K and Q don't come!?
This might also give you a better chance to define UTG's hand. Do you have a read on him? If strong, he should have a pretty good hand, and you'll have position.

45suited
12-26-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this depends on where in L3 you're at.

Maybe i'm too tight/passive, but i think i'd generally call or standard bet if the table hasn't been too wild and then work on position (if it's early in the level and blinds aren't gonna double and crush you when they reach you). Also, you'll probably be called by many high/suited aces, so it might be a good idea to see a flop somewhat cheaply and push if an Ace or K and Q don't come!?
This might also give you a better chance to define UTG's hand. Do you have a read on him? If strong, he should have a pretty good hand, and you'll have position.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have JJ. Don't play it like a little girl. Push.

KingDan
12-26-2005, 07:02 PM
If he's real bad I raise 200 hoping he calls with small pps.

pergesu
12-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah I just push too. You'd be raising to 250 probably, which is a push with your stacks and hand strength, imo.

sofere
12-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Ugh...a call is terrible. Why would you give you're opponents a free chance to take this pot away from you when winning it right there increases your stack by 17%.

A 200 bet pretty much commits you to the pot and theres a 50% chance overcards will hit, and an UTG limper most likely isn't folding PF.

Push is the by far the best play IMO.

ravensfan
12-26-2005, 07:56 PM
I hear ya, it might very well be a leak that i'm too passive in the middle stages, especially in early position.

I agree that a $200 raise is begging someone to reraise AI and say thanks for the easy money (unless you have reads on the table, in which case the decisions are read dependent, but that's tough when multi-tabling). I just hate to commit so early with 14x bb and so many people left to play. So maybe flat calling?!
Besides, if you're confident you can outplay the average player here, it wouldn't hurt no avoid marginal coin flips. Doesn't the original better provide you some cushion against reraisers, and could the other 50% of time that you take the pot after the flop (ie. hands below Qs) combined with the 4% (approx .40*.1) that you flop a J and an overcard (with large implied odds) give you enough of an argument to flat call?

But since i'm the only one w/o the balls to push, maybe i should be fixing this ish...

How bout slightly more marginal hands like 10s or AQ? What would you say about these?

sofere
12-26-2005, 08:05 PM
With my stack size and a limper ahead of me, this is pretty much a push/fold situation. I hate gettin in big pots that see flops here.

JJ is an auto-push for me...TT is much different. I'm 70/30 muck/push. If limper has habitually been limping I generally push just to play policeman. I push AQ here, and muck AJ

microbet
12-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I can't figure anything better than your push.

ravensfan
12-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Cool, thanks!
I just hate getting busted with Js, always seems like i was asking for it. I think this is likely something to try to incorporate though - need to be more aggro in positions like this to avoid blinding down to 4th.

ravensfan
12-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Does anyone ever call your push here with a lower pair, or A10ish?