PDA

View Full Version : Trout Games Dec 28th

hyde
12-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Starting next week:
Heads Up Trout will begin at 9pm and be pot limit.

<u>HERE IS YOUR FORUM GAME SCHEDULE:</u>

[b]<font color="red">"Atlantic Trout"</font> $10+1 NLHE at 20:00 Stars lobby time
WEDNESDAY DEC 28
Password “supbro” without the quotes.

<font color="red">"Pacific Trout"</font> $10+1 NLHE at 22:00 Stars lobby time
WEDNESDAY DEC 28

<font color="red">"Heads Up Trout"</font> $10+1 NLHE Heads Up at 20:00 Stars lobby
time THURSDAY DEC 29

These games are open for registration.

If you wish to receive this schedule by e-mail please send me an e-mail at
drjekyl@comcast.net with your 2+2 name. PS name &amp; email address.
"This event is open to all posters of Two Plus Two but is not an official
function of Two Plus Two and thus is not sponsored by Two Plus Two
Publishing LLC

hyde /images/graemlins/cool.gif

For conversation, challenges, BS, and results of the forum games see this post
on the 1 Table Tournament Forum.

SeaSiren
12-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Wouldn't miss the last Trout party of the year tonight!!
(I think durron is on extended holiday... didn't link this week's games on the forum... hmmm maybe he just wants to keep his 1st place glory for another week!)

Met Gr8fulhauz (Slow Play Ray) down in Foxwoods today with hyde/jekyl (looks nothing like his avatar - deadhead huh!!!) congrats on your 9th in the tourney today Ray! Hope to see you tonight at the table too.
Sea /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jbrochu
12-28-2005, 08:05 PM
How did Mr. Hyde and Miss SeaSiren do at Foxwoods today?

skipperbob
12-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Hey: Dr.Jekyl?..We on for "LL"? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hyde
12-28-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How did Mr. Hyde and Miss SeaSiren do at Foxwoods today?

[/ QUOTE ]

A splendid visit. slow play ray was comning with a group. couldn't find them. turned out it was a group of 2. 17offsuit and ray. I ended up sitting beside ray about two thirds of the way through the tourney.
250 starters. Foxwoods. 80+20 for those of you just tuning in.....
Sea went out 80ish.
remember now, I am mister bubble....I accurately predicted a 4th place finish in last weeks Atlantic......
I went out 11th (final table is 10)($280). I was pleased as the best starting hand I saw all day was JJ, and that hand turned into needless quads, the JJ would have held up...I hate waste.
Ray made the final table and went out 9th. He has a trip report on MTT.
Had a couple of beers and a plate of artery clogging southern fried meat and headed back to the north country in time for Atlantic. see you there.

durron597
12-28-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't miss the last Trout party of the year tonight!!
(I think durron is on extended holiday... didn't link this week's games on the forum... hmmm maybe he just wants to keep his 1st place glory for another week!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on holiday and no one pmed me about this link...

Jbrochu
12-28-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
remember now, I am mister bubble....

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer to think of you as "bubble boy." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sounds like you had a great time, sorry I missed it but the thought of getting up at 4 a.m. to make it down there was too much for me.

I'll be spending a few Friday's and Saturday's there in the coming months playing satellites for the FPC so maybe we can meet up one of those times?

pokerdirty
12-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Is this open to everyone (i'm assuming it is)? I might have to play...now that I can!

durron597
12-28-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this open to everyone (i'm assuming it is)? I might have to play...now that I can!

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

Jbrochu
12-28-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this open to everyone (i'm assuming it is)?

[/ QUOTE ]

All aboard - everyone is welcome.

skipperbob
12-28-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars...Private Tourny...Password = supbro...Starts at 8:00PM(EST)....more the merrier

pokerdirty
12-28-2005, 08:31 PM
durron, jbrochu, skipperbob

here is what your response sounds like...

"hey, new fish! the water's fine!"

Looking forward to losing money,

Shaf

Jbrochu
12-28-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Shaf

[/ QUOTE ]

One piece of advice, just stay away from JohnnyBgood's blinds and everything will be alright... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pokerdirty
12-28-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Shaf

[/ QUOTE ]

One piece of advice, just stay away from JohnnyBgood's blinds and everything will be alright... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oooooh, a challenge. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jbrochu
12-28-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oooooh, a challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh nooo nooo nooo. It's just that he's really a loose cannon. See earlier post on pushing with any two 6-handed where he clearly established himself as a superdonk! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hyde
12-28-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey: Dr.Jekyl?..We on for "LL"? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We on. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

IdiotVig
12-28-2005, 10:15 PM
I suck at poker. I made one of the biggest donk plays to go out first. Again. Worse than last time. Fortunately, it was in front of a group of uber-peers. Humiliation r00lz.

Also, perg will pwn your blind steals. I anti-heart perg.

Here's to a rebuy in the Pacific...

12-28-2005, 10:37 PM
yeah i busted out first at my table... who knew TPTK doesn't always win? crazy [censored].

IdiotVig
12-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Apparently, top pair, second kicker is no good when the board's paired. And you don't have a piece of the paired cards.

Check-raised ya. Buyakasha.

12-28-2005, 10:54 PM
In the Pacific Trout, Dougkins

Jbrochu
12-28-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i busted out first at my table... who knew TPTK doesn't always win? crazy [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I read this before I tried to teach Perg not to play back at me with a set when I'm holding TPTK. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

pokerdirty
12-28-2005, 10:59 PM
the only thing worse going out first, is going out in 4th /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IMTheWalrus8
12-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Had so much fun last week I'm in again. See if I can money again /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pergesu
12-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Pacific is rigged. queens full vs aces full, first hand.

RIGGED

12-28-2005, 11:11 PM
lol, was going to sign up for Pacific, figuring I can sign up 4 mins late without anybody busting out (lost track of time).. well I was wrong on that one.

Jbrochu
12-28-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pacific is rigged. queens full vs aces full, first hand.

RIGGED

[/ QUOTE ]

In the immortal words of MegaDebt: "you were bad beated." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SeaSiren
12-29-2005, 12:12 AM
bubble-girl bahhh /images/graemlins/frown.gif

12-29-2005, 12:15 AM
seriously, slacker -- how could you call my pf 87s push with your KK?

these trout games are so filled with fish. i'm going back to the 22s for some real competition.

ggs all /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hyde
12-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Atlantic results: Gr8fulhauz moneys again today. Though a first at Foxwoods would have brought him $5,000, Atlantic brings $110 and GLORY. Brief glory. slow play ray has a nice day.....nicely done.
Please feel free to share the end game with doctorgj...

Tournament finished - 2005/12/28 - 22:33:01 (ET)
1: Gr8fulhauz (Framingham), $110.00 (50%)
2: doctorgj (Grand Junction), $66.00 (30%)
3: Swiss T (Gainesville), $44.00 (20%)
4: dirtyshafer (New York),
5: macattack4 (Clarksville),
6: dr. jekyl (Alfred ),
7: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
8: SeaSiren.xo (Portsmouth),
9: cha59 (Blaine),
10: redeye3030 (Port Jefferson),
11: Gorvad (Lubbock),
12: Patricio (Roswell),
13: Eder (Canmore),
14: Toro85 (Worcester),
15: bluefeet (Galapagos Islands),
16: SevenMe (Seaside Park),
17: BunnieLee (orange),
18: JohnnyBgood4 (Pembroke),
19: madarn (OSLO),
20: awv3 (Marlton),
21: SlackaMcFly (Tucson),
22: IdiotVig (Brighton),

Pacific Results:
I know nothing...anyone feel free to discuss any drama. Sorry I wasn't watching thhe first hand.....
1: gumpzilla (College Park), $75.00 (50%)
2: macattack4 (Clarksville), $45.00 (30%)
3: SlackaMcFly (Tucson), $30.00 (20%)
4: SeaSiren.xo (Portsmouth),
5: awv3 (Marlton),
6: joeblue9 (New York),
7: Dougikins (Flagstaff),
8: IdiotVig (Brighton),
9: JohnnyBgood4 (Pembroke),
10: Patricio (Roswell),
11: gisborne (Campell),
12: madarn (OSLO),
13: IMTheWalrus8 (Philadelphia),
14: cha59 (Blaine),
15: doctorgj (Grand Junction),

Slow Play Ray
12-29-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brief glory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brief?? It was the first thing I thought of when I woke up today. I am just BASKING in it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Please feel free to share the end game with doctorgj...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember much for specifics - it lasted quite a while. We went back and forth, trading rather large chip leads back and forth at least a few times. Right near the end I was down to about $5,000, then hit a couple big ones to gain about a 2:1 lead. On the final hand I semi-slow-played an unraised, flop-paired ace to take it down vs. his middle pair.

12-29-2005, 10:56 AM
This is macattack4 and my first post ever! Now I am legit.

Both Atlantic and Pacific were great for about 2/3 of the way as I proceeded to build a chip lead in each. Then rather quickly, systematically, and predictably, I proceeded to blow each chip lead, one costing me money and one costing me 1st.

In the Pacific, with three left, I had 13.5K, Slacka has 11.5K, and Gump had 2K (excuse the estimates). Gump made a great comeback.

The hand that turned the chip lead from me to gump 3 handed occurred when I caught gump on a thin semi-bluff but the river counterfeited my hand. At least, that's my story.

It has been a pleasure playing in these as I refine my game. Except for doctorgj, everybody has really nice. Perhaps my Aces full vs. his Queems full got him a little upset.

If Jek is listening, I propose the following for these going forward:

Every week, I offer the same deal, if there are 15 or more players, can we pay 4 spots instead of 3?

SeaSiren
12-29-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Every week, I offer the same deal, if there are 15 or more players, can we pay 4 spots instead of 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have made ME happy last night Mac!
Good first post!!
Sea

DrPhysic
12-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Stars' standard payout for MTT tournaments pays 4 at 28 players. To get a special arrangement for these games to pay 4 at 15 players, (5 at some higher number also prob), we would have to contact support@pokerstars.com and make a request. I kind of doubt that it will happen, but you never know. They do give KotZ a break on the vig, so anything is possible if you ask, I guess.

Doc

pokerdirty
12-29-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have made ME happy last night Mac!
Good first post!!
Sea

[/ QUOTE ]

Me as well /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Also, can anyone email me the tournament summary, or at least the tournament number? I just got a PC, and I'm screwing around with PT. I emailed stars support last night asking for it, and they sent me a tournament from late 2004 that i didn't even play in. Thought it was sort of weird that they would send me a tournament summary of a game i didn't play in, but whatever.

12-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks Doc.

I thought that this was more like a P* SNG in which 18 entrants pay 4, 27 pay 5. I would imagine that this technically isn't a SNG.

I vote for making the request. No problem if it gets denied.

bluefeet
12-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Atlantic was tourney #17072656. Not sure about the late game.

bluefeet
12-29-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
everybody has [been] really nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll say!! Calling your obvious AK-whiff-bluff-push over my terrifying full-pot lead on the paired J's board, with my weakly limped, undefendably (word?) raise called 88 --- that's pretty nice indeed /images/graemlins/wink.gif

And it's about time you post. Much better to donate to those that subject themselves to the same public humilation as the rest of us on this forum. Welcome!

hyde
12-29-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is macattack4 and my first post ever! Now I am legit.

Both Atlantic and Pacific were great for about 2/3 of the way as I proceeded to build a chip lead in each. Then rather quickly, systematically, and predictably, I proceeded to blow each chip lead, one costing me money and one costing me 1st.

In the Pacific, with three left, I had 13.5K, Slacka has 11.5K, and Gump had 2K (excuse the estimates). Gump made a great comeback.

The hand that turned the chip lead from me to gump 3 handed occurred when I caught gump on a thin semi-bluff but the river counterfeited my hand. At least, that's my story.

It has been a pleasure playing in these as I refine my game. Except for doctorgj, everybody has really nice. Perhaps my Aces full vs. his Queems full got him a little upset.

If Jek is listening, I propose the following for these going forward:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the doctor, thanks for calling, I'm listening...
I personally don't have a strong feeling on the payout. I'll go with the flow. I have seen some resistance when you have chatted the option in the past. There may not be resistance to the structure if it was part of the original tourney set up.
My decisions are made in a democratic method of discussion and a vote of the members who care. At least as far as it appears to those involved.....but you how power is...
It might make creating the tourney a bit more complex and time consuming for the commissioner......uh oh, Houston we have a problem....the commissioner is time sensitive...
I'll post the question next week and see what we get.

I'm glad you left lurker land, welcome.

DrPhysic
12-29-2005, 06:00 PM
One possible solution that does not require help from PS is an agreement before the game for a transfer from the winners to the bubble. Of course it assumes you trust all the players to follow through, but I don't see that as a problem in this group. Ie: The three players that cash in the game each transfer $5 to the person who bubbled.

Has been done before, and might be worth a try.

Doc

jb9
12-29-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm in for heads up this week. Only 2 of us so far, so I figure I got at least a 20% chance of winning /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

joeblue

pergesu
12-29-2005, 09:05 PM
I wanna play the HU, just got home. Hope I'm not too late (three minutes).

rofl nm, apparently it's over already. gg

cha59
12-29-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One possible solution that does not require help from PS is an agreement before the game for a transfer from the winners to the bubble. Of course it assumes you trust all the players to follow through, but I don't see that as a problem in this group. Ie: The three players that cash in the game each transfer $5 to the person who bubbled.

Has been done before, and might be worth a try.

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

This has usually worked when I have been around during bubble time, except for when we get someone who isnt paying attention to chat.

hyde
12-29-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanna play the HU, just got home. Hope I'm not too late (three minutes).

rofl nm, apparently it's over already. gg

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it was a minute and 25 seconds of action packed fun.

PokerStars Tournament #17072736, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
2 players
Total Prize Pool: $20.00
Tournament started - 2005/12/29 - 20:00:00 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2005/12/29 - 20:01:25 (ET)
1: joeblue9 (New York), $20.00 (100%)
2: BunnieLee (orange),

jb9
12-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Set v. 2 pair.