PDA

View Full Version : Stars VIP for SNG player

jmillerdls
12-26-2005, 02:07 PM
I have yet to do much of the math to figure out how good this turns out to be, but I have a question.

At Stars, can you use T$ for SNGs? If so, is it not conceivable that you could use your FPP's for entry into the Sunday tournament, then unregister for the T$, then use that T$ for SNG's, thereby increasing your SNG bankroll?
If this is the case, then SNG players can get cash back for the FPP's essentially..right?

Someone fill me in on why this won't work.
Oh, and if someone has worked out the amount of tournies you would need at different levels of SNGs at Stars, I'd love to see that info. Thanks.

bluefeet
12-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Yes, you can use T$'s for SnG's.

But I don't think your plan would work. You're gaining entry via FPP's, not T$'s. I would guess that by unregistering, you'd simply be returned your FPP's. I can't imagine why it would work any other way.

J-Lo
12-26-2005, 02:16 PM
just write to stars and have them convert fpp into $T

12-26-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At Stars, can you use T$ for SNGs? If so, is it not conceivable that you could use your FPP's for entry into the Sunday tournament, then unregister for the T$, then use that T$ for SNG's, thereby increasing your SNG bankroll?
If this is the case, then SNG players can get cash back for the FPP's essentially..right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you can just register and deregister to turn FPPs into T$. You can, however, use FPPs to enter a satellite, then deregister from the main event and use those T$ for SNGs.

As far as I know, playing SNGs with T$ would also clear bonus just as if played with cash.

bluefeet
12-26-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just write to stars and have them convert fpp into $T

[/ QUOTE ]

They do that? I usually take the FPP satellite route, unregistering to grind w/ the T$'s.

jmillerdls
12-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Ok, so instead of registering for the main event, we use them to enter tons of FPP SNG satellites, then unregister with whatever entries we get...gaining T$ that can then be used for SNGs?
That seems pretty good..and might even work out to a greater return if you are really good at finishing first (not me).

otctrader
12-26-2005, 02:38 PM
I thought about this as well - caveat is in the FPP store it mentions that "Note: tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable." I'm not sure if the non-exchangeable part precludes you from exchanging your entry for T$.

Say you're an active $60 turbo player, 432 per month. You should in theory qualify for platinum status earning 10,800 base FPP's plus your 150% bonus = 27,000 fpp's. That buys you two $215 entries / $2160 rake paid = a 20% haircut on vig. Warning: my math skills stink.

jmillerdls
12-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Ok, so this can still be done I'm guessing with this new system (The satellite route). Win the satellite and unregister right? This is essentially the same thing, but on a smaller scale?

roundest
12-26-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought about this as well - caveat is in the FPP store it mentions that "Note: tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable." I'm not sure if the non-exchangeable part precludes you from exchanging your entry for T$.

Say you're an active $60 turbo player, 432 per month. You should in theory qualify for platinum status earning 10,800 base FPP's plus your 150% bonus = 27,000 fpp's. That buys you two $215 entries / $2160 rake paid = a 20% haircut on vig. Warning: my math skills stink.

[/ QUOTE ]

215 is <10% of 2160.

12-26-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

215 is <10% of 2160.

[/ QUOTE ]
2 x $215 = 19.9% of $2160.

Olback
12-27-2005, 04:00 AM
Ok i emailed Stars about the program in regards to the tournies and the FPP's for unregistering from tournies and this is the reply.

Hello XXXX,

Thanks for your interest in our VIP program.

1: We talked about this in some length and finally decided on the posted schedule for these freerolls. I understand that the time is not the best for Aussies, but unfortunately a vast majority of our players are based in
North America. We will obviously gather feedback from our players and see what we can do to accomodate all our players. I have also forwarded your comments to our Marketing team in charge of the program.

2) The way this will work is that you can buy a ticket to a tourney using FPPs. You then use this ticket to register for the tourney. If you unregister, you will get your ticket back.

3) The packages will come with travel expenses and accomodations. You will have to wear PokerStar gear in the event.

Regards,

XXXX
PokerStars Support Team

Olback
12-27-2005, 04:02 AM
It should be noted that I still think the program is a good idea, it just makes the freerolls realtively useless to me as they are on from 1am-4am in the morning here.

Also i am unsure what they mean in 2)

jmillerdls
12-27-2005, 04:04 AM
I assume they mean you will have to wait until the tourney the following week to enter...

Olback
12-27-2005, 04:05 AM
Ok, thats makes sense. So the whole FPP --> tourny --> unregister --> $T combo seems dead then

curtains
12-27-2005, 04:07 AM
Whoa, you can turn your Fpps into T$?? How do you do that, whats the rate?

jmillerdls
12-27-2005, 04:13 AM
Well, that was the initial question, but that seems to be a no-go. However, can this be done through satellite...though, you would have to win the FPP satellite first..then withdraw from the main even for T$?

Olback
12-27-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So the whole FPP --> tourny --> unregister --> $T combo seems dead then

[/ QUOTE ]

It would great if it worked but the reply i got from PS (scroll up) means that it would not work.

Olback
12-27-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, that was the initial question, but that seems to be a no-go. However, can this be done through satellite...though, you would have to win the FPP satellite first..then withdraw from the main even for T$?

[/ QUOTE ]

People have said that they have done this before.

Olback
12-27-2005, 04:17 AM
is anyone gonna start playing on Stars now instead of Party with no RB.

I started a thread to discuss that here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4285772 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4285772&an=0&page=0#Post 4285772)

jmillerdls
12-27-2005, 04:23 AM
Wonder what this rate can work out to for a winning player.