PDA

View Full Version : Missing Value Bets?

AceHigh
07-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Party 2/4, loose game with one aggressive player in it.

I limp utg+1 with KhTh, 4 people call, the cutoff (CO) raises, everybody calls to aggressive player (AP) in middle positon reraises, 3 people fold and CO reraises. 4 of us see the flop for 20.5 small bets.

Flop is ** Dealing Flop ** : [ Ad, Qc, Jd ]

OK, I'll take that. I bet, limper calls, AP calls, button calls.

Turn is [ Qs ] Ad, Qc, Jd

OK, not as good. I bet, limper folds, AP raises, this doesn't scare me, CO calls. CO is often very aggressive after flop, so I was a little suprised that he hadn't raised at some point. Should I have reraised here?

River is 7s

Board: [ Ad Qc Jd Qs 7s ]

I bet, AP and CO call.

My hand is good, AP had KJo and CO had AKo.

Comments?

Ed Miller
07-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Yes.. you should 3-bet the turn. You have no solid reason to fear a boat here.

When you have a strong hand like this, you should be putting a specific player on a specific hand (or hands) that beat you before you back off. You shouldn't just say, "wow, I don't have the nuts anymore, guess I'll back off."

Ulysses
07-27-2003, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have reraised here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It'll take more than a single turn raise from an aggressive player for me to give someone credit for a full house.

AceHigh
07-27-2003, 10:20 PM
The aggressive player, didn't worry me. I was a little puzzled by the cutoff. I had seen him be fairly aggressive after the flop with top pair weak kicker, and other weak hands, etc. But he is a tight raiser before the flop, so I wasn't sure he would cap it with AK.

Probably a case of me just over analyzing the situation.