PDA

View Full Version : Is this -ev?

06-26-2002, 02:25 AM
Lets say your accused of a crime you didnt commit. Say murder, for instance. Wouldn't showing up to court be a -ev situation. You know you didnt do it so you have nothing to gain but everything to lose. I think if something like this ever happened to me, I'd have to make a run for the border.

Any other opinions?

Ryan

06-26-2002, 10:26 AM
I can't tell anybody to do anything except what the law requires, i.e. show up in court for all scheduled appearances etc... The disclaimer out of the way I will just indicate that I am always surprised at the people who show up after being released on bond in certain cases. A lot of guys have no real life, they can just go somewhere else, fake up an ID and commit crimes somewhere with a better climate. But they don't usually. Can't say why. There was one guy up here who had escaped and was very good at fooling people about his identity. He made the mistake of burglarizing a gun store where the owner lived. D'oh! He took a round in his hindquarters but was OK otherwise and was arrested. He lied about his identity and had everybody convinced he was an illegal alien, to the point where he was going to be deported to a non-extradition country at the expense of our government. Pretty slick. The INS caught him based on the fingerprint database. His life is now very -ev, at least if you consider federal level 6 lockdown unpleasant. But he shared your view. Others really have little to lose by running, but they stay.