PDA

View Full Version : KQs.......standard?

12-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

I'm wondering about all streets.

Vote4Pedro
12-26-2005, 02:44 AM
I c/r flop

shant
12-26-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I c/r flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Shillx
12-26-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I c/r flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

12-26-2005, 02:49 AM
Bet or C/R the flop, this is one of the best flops you can hope for.

I might C/C the river because someone probably has the ace, but it is a pretty good sized pot to be folding for one bet.

12-26-2005, 02:54 AM
Preflop put in a raise.
Flop-Bet
The rest of the hand is hard to comment on because your preflop raise may have changed everything but I think a preflop raise is good here.

jakbse
12-26-2005, 05:29 AM
I'm confused you didn't raise that flop and why did you bet river into 3 players knowing that any ace will beat you?

12-26-2005, 10:36 AM
I don't see how you c/c with this flop. Either bet or c/r. c/r I think could get rid of BB and UTG

Turn I think is fine.. still top pair, nut flush draw, AK, K9 would beat you, but then i'd expect a raise from CO.

River c/f or c/c if you are curious. You a beat to a 9 or A, but this is a decent size pot.

12-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Yeh, this was dumb.

12-26-2005, 11:57 AM
bet the flop, and raise again if it comes back to you. you want to make people pay for their draws, and those with a crappy hand from the flop can just tag along if they like.

Can't comment on the turn &amp; river, except that I think you are beaten by the river, and betting out is a bad idea. I'm not sure if I'd even call. Two-pair is probably only marginally winning that pot enough to make it worth a crying-call.

AlmightyJay
12-26-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

I'm wondering about all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise on the flop. The check should have been with the intention of raising CO's likely bet. MP3 bet instead, but you can still force BB and UTG to call two cold.

I think I'd rather check/fold the river than bet/fold. You're behind here an enormous amount of the time.

bozlax
12-26-2005, 12:24 PM
A little too much Xmas cheer, Kwaz, or were you just trying to confuse him?

Any reads?

Preflop: I 3-bet (92%) or fold (8%), depending on whether I think CO is stealing. Yeah, it's not a pure steal since there's a VPIP from UTG, but the principle is there.

Flop: the preflop action will affect this, but depending on whether you were last aggressor you're either betting out or c/r'ing, here.

Turn: plays itself.

River: are you expecting your bet to fold 3 opponents? I mean, seriously, what's CO going to call with, here, that you're beating, forget about the other ace-rag holding donks?

graarrg
12-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, definitely needs to be played more aggressively on the flop. You need to make BB/UTG pay for their [censored].

12-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Grunch:
I like the pf call - you have a strong hand but are OOP.

Flop - you are too weak (IMO) for a c/r, so bet! Given that someone else did, I would have raised the flop as played.

Turn - good.

Riv - I think you have to call. While you lose to his naked A, he may have KJ or KT. Crying call for a hand you should have won already.

Pedigree
12-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Flop is weak sauce. I would've check-raised. I woulc've check-called the river. Given how you played it, maybe I would've called the river raise. It depends on how different 1/2 is from .50/1 because it's close...

McHonts
12-27-2005, 05:16 PM
grunch

Raise pre-flop

Check raise flop

bet turn and probably bet the river before I thought about the ace making a straight. When I got raised I would make the crying call. seems a little pessimistic looking at my response but I am in a downswing at the moment.

Black Peter
12-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I would have capped that flop to make the draws pay.

I'd c/c the river. Too big to fold. Betting here is pointless.

If a bidding war breaks out after you check, then i'd fold.

12-27-2005, 09:49 PM
grunch

i'd either bet or check-raise on the flop.
i'd also bet the turn.
i wouldn't fold the river for one bet, as the pot's pretty big.