PDA

View Full Version : $55 ITM: Flopped bottom pair and facing a min bet

AA suited
12-25-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm doing this from memory.

200/400 blinds

Button = 3000
SB = 4000
BB = 3000 (HERO = 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif)

Preflop:
Button folds, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets 400, HERO? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

This is the 3rd orbit we're been ITM, and 1st at 200/400.

past 2 orbits, sb completes (button folded) and min bets on flop. i folded both times.

what would you do on the flop and turn, and WHY?

jeffraider
12-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Given that this is the third time he's minbet you after completing, I'd push preflop and failing that push on the flop. The blinds are too high to be letting guys nickel and dime you like this.

KingDan
12-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I push preflop.
I'd push this flop.

WIth a few less chips I like pushing any two on the flop.

12-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Agreed on the push preflop/flop

12-26-2005, 02:01 AM
I dont think pushing the flop is good at all. If you fold this flop you will be left with 2600. WITH SOMEONE WHO LIMPS ALL THE TIME DIRECTLY TO YOUR LEFT. I mean WTF people what more could you ever ask for. Blinds are petty big, this should be the easiest tournament ever.
#1. If you are pushing for value here; which none of the posters have implied so far, you need help.
#2. If you think that he is folding his Jack or 6 I think you are likely mistaken.
#3. It looks like he does not know what he is doing. So why would you push when you give him a flop. Thats all he really wanted right? To see a flop? Don't make 2 mistakes in one hand by giving him all your chips too.