PDA

View Full Version : Dealer won't let fish re-raise my nuts.

Abagadro
07-27-2003, 03:00 PM
This is a really stupid thing to complain about, particularly in the situation. But it bugged me.

I was in the single greatest LL poker game in the history of mankind. Okay, maybe not that good, but a 5-10 B&M game with six totally clueless players, 1 LP who would play anything to the turn and then fold, 2 rocks who I could put on hands in my sleep and your humble hero. I sat to the immediate left of a woman who would three bet bottom pair. Nirvana.

I have the nut straight on the turn (which I three-bet and got 4 way action) and the lock-nuts on the river when a brick hit. I actaully get bet into by fish. I raise it and a clueless fish sticks out 10 bucks and almost simultaneously says he is raising and starts to put out another 10. It is heads up by this point. The dealer stops him from raising me because it is a "string raise". ARG!!! He easily would have called my 4-bet and may have come over the top as he had pocket rockets and didn't even bother to look at the coordinated board.

What bugged me:

1) It wasn't really much a of string bet as he announced pretty much at the same time he put it out the first 10.

2) He is obviously not angle shooting.

3) I said it was OK (obviously) and it was heads up.

Anyone call the floor or should I just smile while raking in my $200+ pot?

Dynasty
07-27-2003, 03:02 PM
Calling the floor so you can win an extra $20 would be a mistake.

Abagadro
07-27-2003, 03:06 PM
I agree. At the time, calling the floor didn't even enter into my thought process and I just stacked up. Game was too good and that 20 bucks was coming my way eventually. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This particular dealer bugs me often though. She is terrible at reading the board, often announcing the wrong winner, and generally is a lousy dealer. Turning into "Superdealer" at that moment just stuck in my craw a bit.