PDA

View Full Version : 99 heads up

kiemo
12-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Villian is unknown as he is new to table.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

My SH is crappy, so I have no clue what to do in this hand.

Preflop: Is this a cap against an unknown?
Flop: Lead out or check-raise?
Turn: Scare card! check/call, raise/fold, raise/call, raise/3-bet?

River would be dependent on the turn play.

12-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Im not check raising this. Im check/fold the turn.

12-25-2005, 05:29 PM
I bet/fold the turn. Check/folding seems incredibly weak.

Yerma
12-25-2005, 05:29 PM
A stronger line would have been this:

Preflop: cap it. If your hand is strong enough to raise heads-up, it is always strong enough to cap.

Flop: Flop check-raising heads-up is overrated. It may seem like you are being overly predictable by not check-raising the flop, but there are far better ways to mask your hand. Bet and 3-bet. If he caps it, just call down.

Turn onwards: The way you played it, just call down when he raises.

bozlax
12-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Hrm. He 3-bet preflop, making me think he's on AA-TT or two big cards. You c/r on the flop and he calls. Then he raises you when a K falls on the turn. What part of his hand range are you ahead of right now? Now, what part of that is he going to raise you with?

The point: I like the check-raise on the flop, but once he donk-raises you on the turn it's time to give it up.

kiemo
12-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Typically on this turn I bet/fold, but couldnt decide on this hand if that was weak or not.

Lets look at the hand from Villian perspective now

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Villian calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

You know the rest

As this being my first session into 2/4 land, I must say the level of play was pretty shockinly terrible.

bozlax
12-25-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As this being my first session into 2/4 land, I must say the level of play was pretty shockinly terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you don't approve of Villan's line? With a read that you're weak-tight or defending, I don't hate his line. The check-raise on the flop with an overcard and gutshot is actually a pretty good line against a Villan (you) he thinks is just defending.

12-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I like it to the turn. Good c/r on the flop but bet/fold the turn. Can't see any hands we are ahead of now that belongs in his range.

Eeegah
12-25-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hrm. He 3-bet preflop, making me think he's on AA-TT or two big cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, this is a blind defense hand. If I'm BB I'm 3-betting any ace, decent pocket pair (66+) or any two ten or higher.

Edit: Not that I'd necessarily do so, but I could see a smooth call with a big pocket pair and let SB bet into us on every street /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kiemo
12-25-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I take it you don't approve of Villan's line? With a read that you're weak-tight or defending, I don't hate his line. The check-raise on the flop with an overcard and gutshot is actually a pretty good line against a Villan (you) he thinks is just defending.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only line on villian I think was truly terrible was his 3 bet preflop and I thought my turn play was terrible. He had been on the table for 5 hands only prior to this, so I dont think he could have formulated that good of a read on me.

K5 seems a very weak 3bet defending hand, but as stated SH play seems to baffle the hell out of me.

bozlax
12-25-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Er, this is a blind defense hand. If I'm BB I'm 3-betting any ace, decent pocket pair (66+) or any two ten or higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've got a read that he's a decent player, sure (not that I think you're decent /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). We have no read, tho, so against an unknown, I'm skewing it better not worse.