PDA

View Full Version : Stratgey to get the most out of the calling stations

tighterr
12-25-2005, 02:35 PM
6 Max table with two calling stations. First calling station is directly to your left. The second 3 from your left.
What stratgey do you use to get the most out of this? Do you see alot of flops and get more involved or do you play raise and try to isolate when possible?

The problem I have is that with these two callers every pot it changes the odds making it correct to chase alot more and thus causing crazy swings. I am not a fan of the large swings.
Thanks and merry christmas

12-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Well, if they are calling stations then you just need to make the best hand and value bet the whole way. Just play your game and hope you make some hands and play some pots with them.

tighterr
12-25-2005, 07:29 PM
I realize that this stragey will win money in the end but I was looking for some ideas on how to maximize the wins against these players. I was trying to broden my starting hands a little and raise preflop for value more often.

Just wondering if other 2+2ers had some more crafty ideas. thanks for your advice

Jake (The Snake)
12-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Firstly, you want the calling stations on your right if possible, this way you actually CAN isolate them preflop.

Secondly, Ed Miller wrote an article about this exact subject this month in the magazine. The link is at the top on the left.

tighterr
12-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks for directing me to the article.

Table was full, so I couldnt switch seats.
Thanks