PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas! Whats on the menu?

12-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Last night was the standard fair, ham, brisket, turkey, eggplant parm, pasta. Today at my aunts house we get to the good stuff. My uncle is a BBQ nut, so we are having ribs, salsissia, etc, but the coup de jour is a pig, stuffed with a turkey, inside the turkey is a duck, inside the duck is a chicken, inside the chicken is a quail , or something along those lines. He smokes it for a day or so. Good stuff. What are you guys eating?

FeliciaLee
12-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Glenn is making Peking Duck. I love good duck, especially when it's pulled and so moist it practically melts in your mouth.

I can't cook to save my life, but Glenn can cook anything.

the_main
12-25-2005, 01:37 PM
An entire cow, flash fried and injected with cheese

jason_t
12-25-2005, 01:39 PM
My gf and I (well, she is doing most of the work) are making flounder en croute, a mushroom and fennel soup, mesclun salad with warm goat cheese, apple and sausage stuffing and a berry tart for dessert. We have a bottle of 2001 Cote du Rhone and some Anchor Steam Christmas Ales.

MarkSummers
12-25-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An entire cow, flash fried and injected with cheese

[/ QUOTE ]

Aqua teens did it before you did. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

IHateKeithSmart
12-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Oy. I'm a vegetartian, so we're doing a little greekish. Spanikopita, rice pilaf, hummus, some random vegetables. Cheesecake for desert. Oh yeah, lots of beer too. Am actually just getting ready to cook breakfast before opening presents too. Omelets, french toast, veggie 'sausage'. OJ.

Merry christmas!

kipin
12-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Prime rib and yorkshire pudding.

TeeJayORTj
12-25-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Prime rib and yorkshire pudding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like mine. Except I won't eat the yorkshire pudding. I don't know what else will be served, all I care about is the prime rib....yummy.

wonderwes
12-25-2005, 02:40 PM
No Christmas dinner this year. I was just going to make some cheesy hamburger helper and garlic bread. I could care less if I dont get a full meal. This will do.

MINETZ
12-25-2005, 04:14 PM
turduckan is complete gas! enjoy!

miajag81
12-25-2005, 04:17 PM
beef tenderloin here

man am i glad i'm not a vegetarian

hyde
12-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Last night was the large family event.
Poached sea scallops with a blue berry mayonaise, shrimp cocktail, seafood chowder, and baked haddock. And mom's Macaroni and cheese for kids large and small.
This morning was back in the small cave.
Lobster benedict. post stocking openage.

Jack of Arcades
12-25-2005, 05:02 PM
shrimp and sausage gumbo

12-25-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
man am i glad i'm not a vegetarian

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother! Speakth what thy Lord hath sayth through you!

12-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Ham and potatoes. Ill be eating it in about an hour. Yay.

mmbt0ne
12-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Red Beans and Rice have been cooking for about 18 hours now. It's time.

Nick-Zack
12-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Left over Chinese for lunch. Left over Ribs for dinner.

tonypaladino
12-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Last night was Seafood Salad, Scuingilli, Clam Dip, Crab Dip, and Linguine with seafood sauce. I also consumed about 2 bottles of Savegnion Blanc and a liter of Johnny Walker Black

Today, Manicotti with Meatballs and sausage, then roast pork with carrots and potatoes. Me, my uncle, and my mom polished off 7 liters of red wine, with my mom having only like 2 glasses from them. Afterwards me and my dad shared a large bottle of drambuie.

The whole [censored] room is spinning around.

Tony

edtost
12-26-2005, 12:59 AM
last night: cold antipasti, cheese & crackers, shrimp cocktail, chicken cacciatore over linguine, fishcakes, eggplant rollatini, spinach, salad, various desserts. merlot.

tonight: cold antipasti, italian bread, shrimp cocktail, potato chips w/ blue cheese dip, vegtables with onion dip, toated pita pieces with spinach/cheese dip, prime rib, roasted potatoes, broccoli, creamed onions, various desserts. chianti classico and some other red from argiano.

Guyon
12-26-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
shrimp and sausage gumbo

[/ QUOTE ]

AAAAAAHHHEEEEEEEEEEE!

gmrankin
12-26-2005, 02:02 AM
frozen pizza...

vexvelour
12-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I made a freaking bomb ass rib eye roast that I marinated in garlic and olive oil and spices. It was amazing. I made scalloped potatoes and broccoli and stuffing, too.

Plus I finally got the red meat= red wine thing down. All in all, it was the shiznit.

miajag81
12-26-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
last night: cold antipasti, cheese & crackers, shrimp cocktail, chicken cacciatore over linguine, fishcakes, eggplant rollatini, spinach, salad, various desserts. merlot.

tonight: cold antipasti, italian bread, shrimp cocktail, potato chips w/ blue cheese dip, vegtables with onion dip, toated pita pieces with spinach/cheese dip, prime rib, roasted potatoes, broccoli, creamed onions, various desserts. chianti classico and some other red from argiano.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Almost makes me wish I was eye-talian.

Jack of Arcades
12-26-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shrimp and sausage gumbo

[/ QUOTE ]

AAAAAAHHHEEEEEEEEEEE!

[/ QUOTE ]

had the wayne toups and the beau jacques playin in the background and I was jammin' on the accordian.