PDA

View Full Version : standard fold vs. LAG?

12-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP3 ($158.86)
CO ($42.50)
Button ($171.60)
SB ($50.80)
BB ($49.80)
UTG ($53.80)
UTG+1 ($31.13)
MP1 ($58.52)
Hero ($97.92)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
3 folds, Hero raises to $2, MP3 calls $2, 4 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) T /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero bets $4, MP3 raises to $10, Hero calls $6.

Turn: ($24.75) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets $20, Hero ...

fold right? well, I actually decided to mini c/r with plans of folding to 3bet (which I actually couldn't do since I was being offered like 3 or 4:1 odds - but the question is this is standard fold, right?

12-25-2005, 03:20 AM
I would have put in a larger pre flop raise. Barring that I call his c/r but then bet the pot. He probably has a Tx or an sc that hit a pair.

12-25-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have put in a larger pre flop raise. Barring that I call his c/r but then bet the pot. He probably has a Tx or an sc that hit a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

why raise larger PF? what happened to the standard 4x + 1 per limper ? Is it because I'm OOP and have a big stack?

trumpman84
12-25-2005, 03:38 AM
standard fold vs a tighty..yes...standard fold vs lag..not at all.

EDIT: If I'm the LAG, I'm putting you on nines or a missed AK or something like that after you played so weakly to my flop information raise and I'm continuing like my tens are good.

aces_dad
12-25-2005, 03:40 AM
PF is fine - use your standard PF raising method.

You described the villian as LAG - why do you respect his flop raise so much?

12-25-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine - use your standard PF raising method.

You described the villian as LAG - why do you respect his flop raise so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

well the size alone scared me - its almost a miniraise which usually means nuts from these kind of guys - I wasn't sure what to do from here, whether to 3B or flat call and what plan for turn/riv was -
I wanted to keep the pot fairly small to showdown but that's tough when OOP especially after a PSB on the turn

any better lines?

aces_dad
12-25-2005, 03:59 AM
Why did you call him LAG and think a min-raise means the nuts? Have you seen him overplay TP hands before?

I'd be more concerned from a weak-tight player's flop raise than a LAG's.

There are some LAG's I'm willing to c/r all in on the turn here, so more info on this villian would help.

12-25-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you call him LAG and think a min-raise means the nuts? Have you seen him overplay TP hands before?

I'd be more concerned from a weak-tight player's flop raise than a LAG's.

There are some LAG's I'm willing to c/r all in on the turn here, so more info on this villian would help.

[/ QUOTE ]

right i'm sorry for the lack of info - here is some : i'll edit Original Post too

he is about 35/12 after 150ish hands and I in fact HAVE seen him overplay top pair and also witnessed his inability to fold hands like A10 on a 8810 flop with lots of action.

theweatherman
12-25-2005, 04:50 AM
Hero three bets the flop with the intention of pushing or c/r allin on almost any turn.

Obviously.

wdeadwyler
12-25-2005, 06:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero three bets the flop with the intention of pushing or c/r allin on almost any turn.

Obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong buddy. If villain is really a lag. I check call him down. Let him continue bluffing with worse hands. If we are gonna 3/bet and get it all in on any turn, we just let the LAG stack us with better hands, and beat us with worse hands.

I bet more on the flop then c/r all in on the turn usually, but is stacks are awkward I can just check/call him down too.