PDA

View Full Version : Godzilla versus King Kong versus A Dead Fish

DJ Sensei
12-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Fulltilt NL-100 6-max, 5 handed

No reads on "Godzilla"
"A Dead Fish" is pretty bad, but I don't think reads on him matter much in the hand

Seat 2: King Kong (Hero) ($203.05)
Seat 3: Godzilla ($261.05)
Seat 4: extra #1 ($246.70)
Seat 5: extra #2 ($45.10)
Seat 6: A Dead Fish ($16.90)
Godzilla posts the small blind of $0.50
extra #1 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to King Kong [K /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif]
extra #2 folds
A Dead Fish raises to $2
King Kong raises to $7.50
Godzilla calls $7
extra #1 folds
A Dead Fish calls $5.50
*** FLOP *** [7 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
Godzilla checks
A Dead Fish bets $9.40, and is all in
King Kong calls $9.40
Godzilla raises to $32
King Kong raises to $195.55, howls, beats on his chest, and is all in

Anybody play it any other way?

beavens
12-25-2005, 02:46 AM
nope.

.edit actually i'm raising the AI bet.

12-25-2005, 02:52 AM
Beavens - Why is raising the all in bet better than calling? I would think that just calling would invite KQ-KT or a lower flush draw to stick around. Calling gives the impression that Hero has QQ-99 and puts the AI player on junk and calls anyway in my opinion.
I just think giving a cheap card to Godzilla isn't bad because we have so much equity in this pot.

beavens
12-25-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Beavens - Why is raising the all in bet better than calling? I would think that just calling would invite KQ-KT or a lower flush draw to stick around. Calling gives the impression that Hero has QQ-99 and puts the AI player on junk and calls anyway in my opinion.
I just think giving a cheap card to Godzilla isn't bad because we have so much equity in this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

you raise a good point

12-25-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is raising the all in bet better than calling? I would think that just calling would invite KQ-KT or a lower flush draw to stick around. Calling gives the impression that Hero has QQ-99 and puts the AI player on junk and calls anyway in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
With no reads, I follow this logic. If Godzilla is a known good player, I'm raising the fish ecause a cold call can be (and often is) far more scary to Godzilla than a raise.

Edit: [censored] quotes
Edit2: clarity

Maulik
12-25-2005, 05:21 AM
Perfect.

I may have tried to raise the $all-in.