PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Cache (Hidden)

andyfox
12-24-2005, 08:49 PM
After a rave review in the L.A. Times we rushed out to see Cache today. Didn't get it. Neither did Mrs. Fox. Nor anyone else in the theater. We all huddled in the back to see if anybody got it and everyone was at a loss. Supposedly, the answer appears on the screen just before the closing credits. But nobody got it.

Anybody who's seen this movie understand it?

Thanks.

ThaSaltCracka
12-24-2005, 09:29 PM
I haven't even heard of this film. What is it about?

Blarg
12-24-2005, 09:56 PM
I thought I heard some good things about it too. Probably from the L.A. Times too. Haven't seen it tho.

andyfox
12-25-2005, 12:07 AM
A couple with a child receives a tape of their house; someone is apparently watching them. Soon other tapes arrive and the husband believes it has something to do with an incident that happened in his childhood.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Is it scary? If so, shocking scary or creepy scary?

andyfox
12-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Not scary. Somewhat creepy. One shocking scene that the audience audibly gasped at as one.

daryn
12-25-2005, 12:24 AM
wow, what a great idea.. make a movie nobody understands so that everyone wants to see it and understand it.

i'm serious,i really want to see this now!

mike l.
12-25-2005, 01:33 AM
i just read the la weekly review and it said things like: freudian-marxist, godard, and brecht. sounds interesting to me.

ilya
12-25-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this, Funny Games was great. Pretty straightforward movie but very terrifying. Two sadists vs. an upper class family on vacation in their country mansion.

Phat Mack
12-25-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, what a great idea.. make a movie nobody understands so that everyone wants to see it and understand it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mullholland Drive.

phx
12-25-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mullholland Drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

or any david lynch movie

astroglide
12-25-2005, 05:58 PM
i'm sure there are lots of writeups on the internet for understanding mulholldand drive. if you get the major 'gotcha', the movie makes sense. the trash bin biz was the only thing that just seemed weird for weird's sake.

astroglide
12-25-2005, 06:05 PM
http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2001/10/23/mulholland_drive_analysis/index.html there's a great one

private joker
12-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I saw it a while ago and liked it. It's nowhere near as good as Haneke's masterpiece "Funny Games" (which is my favorite thriller of all time) or his recent "Time of the Wolf," but it has a lot to say about France's politics w/r/t Algerian racism as well as Haneke's usual disseration on the media and audience complicity in the form and content of cinema. A fine film. But rent "Funny Games" if you are going to see one Haneke film.