PDA

View Full Version : ATs UTG flops top 2

ajmargarine
12-24-2005, 04:33 PM
No reads.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed)

MP1 ($95.80)
MP2 ($112.90)
MP3 ($116.30)
CO ($51.50)
Button ($99.50)
SB ($99)
BB ($97.30)
Hero ($97.40)
UTG+1 ($191.06)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
Hero calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $10</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $50</font>, Hero calls $71.40 (All-In), SB calls $46.40.

Turn: ($197.80) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($197.80) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $197.80

Isura
12-24-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm not fond of the flop 3-bet without reads. I won't be surprised to see AA or TT just as often as T8 and A8. I prefer calling and reevaluating the turn. If he's passive, he probably will do a crappy job of getting money into the pot on the turn/river with a better hand. Conversely, if he has a worst hand, he will probably overplay it, as bad players like to do medium strength hands.

stealyourface
12-24-2005, 06:00 PM
i like it.

your gonna see 108 and A8 here most of the time IMO.

12-24-2005, 06:08 PM
I think your fine. Worst case senerio is that he has trip, which i doubt b/c he would of prob raised with TT, AA, and if his a fish 88 as well.

12-24-2005, 06:09 PM
can you post the results or PM to me.

trumpman84
12-25-2005, 03:52 AM
I'm definetly getting my money in here,..if not on the flop, on a blank turn...sucks if you ran into 88 or TT...I think even the worst of players raise AA in the SB here.

12-25-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not fond of the flop 3-bet without reads. I won't be surprised to see AA or TT just as often as T8 and A8. I prefer calling and reevaluating the turn. If he's passive, he probably will do a crappy job of getting money into the pot on the turn/river with a better hand. Conversely, if he has a worst hand, he will probably overplay it, as bad players like to do medium strength hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

who the heck completes w. so many limpers w. AA?

12-25-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your fine. Worst case senerio is that he has trip, which i doubt b/c he would of prob raised with TT, AA, and if his a fish 88 as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
88 is a standard raise from any position in 6max for me, and I'm no fish /images/graemlins/smile.gif

12-25-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would have played it the way AJ did, but I like this line a lot. As a lower poster suggested I don't think AA or TT is likely at all but 88 is.

However, I can't see myself folding no matter what his later action is, so isn't it correct to just put him all-in? At least you will have seen more of his play to get better future reads..

wdeadwyler
12-25-2005, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
88 is a standard raise from any position in 6max for me, and I'm no fish /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone limps in and you raise 88 from the SB or BB (as a standard play), you are a fish. An aggro one, but a fish nonetheless. I guess that makes you a donkey?

As for the actual hand, sometimes you go broke with top 2. Most of the time you dont. FYI there is no reason to 3bet on this dry flop. Just call and lead the turn, and get the rest in there.

Maulik
12-25-2005, 06:34 AM
I don't like the 3-bet. He's not raising w/ diamonds.

wdeadwyler
12-25-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the 3-bet. He's not raising w/ diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) I didnt notice the flush draw
B) I didnt notice this was 9 handed

In conclusion, it looks more and more like you ran into a set. Sucks. Going broke with top 2 against a set isnt a leak IMO, its just crap. If you were deeper maybe I can find a fold, but prob not.

I am at a loss here for how to handle this in a deep stacked situation. We would want to 3bet to charge a semibluff raise, but we dont want to bloat the pot OOP (or do we??? I think we do). Perhaps C/C, C/C turn and river isnt bad, but Im probably just being results oriented.

DavidC
12-25-2005, 07:01 AM
Just a nit here: once you push, don't show the turn and river cards, and don't show whether SB calls.

--

I hope you won the hand, though. When SB four-bets here, it has a sickening hint of value to it, so I'm not sure if 2pr is any good. Particularly since you're basically hoping for him to have A8...

I'd be pretty surprised to see AA here, but not so surprised to see TT or 88.

DavidC
12-25-2005, 07:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen: 5 limpers to the button, who limps, bb raises, button pushes with AA... I don't know if he picked up a huge tell or something. BB was short-stacked.

Anyways, it happens. That was in a live 5-5 NL game.

12-25-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen: 5 limpers to the button, who limps, bb raises, button pushes with AA... I don't know if he picked up a huge tell or something. BB was short-stacked.

Anyways, it happens. That was in a live 5-5 NL game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, there's your reason. He probably "had a feeling" since he was sipping his "lucky drink" that night. Its not uncommon to see a seemingly good player try a fancypants move like this, and its ridiculous how many seemingly good live players are actually complete morons about some very basic things.

12-25-2005, 09:03 AM
what card can be slowplaing on this flop? Can it be a 2 pair. I think no (or an villian is stupid log such as there is a flush draw). If we see a check-raising here,I think we against 10 10 or 88

12-25-2005, 11:04 AM
maybe flush and straight draw or 88..TT.. anyway..after reraise IŽd like to fold.

ajmargarine
12-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. When he c/r'd, I instantly thought he had AdXd. I raised, he minraises again. I decide I'm going with my intuition and am not getting away from this and push. Turns out he had Ad4d and MHIG.

Isura
12-25-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish don't think like 2+2ers.

Mercman572
12-25-2005, 03:04 PM
I don't think this is terrible. I don't think it's great either but you're ahead of plenty here. Especially since yesterday at a full table at party I had a guy do this with AK, TPTK and my set was good. Donks also love going broke with bottom 2, as well as any other 2 pair.