PDA

View Full Version : George Foreman grill

12-24-2005, 01:59 PM
this thing is the greatest!

but i lost my drip pan / fat catcher where can I get another one without replacing the unit?

Blarg
12-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Use an ashtray or look for one of those small cheap disposable plastic containers. Lots of them are pretty low to the ground. Cut it with an exacto knife or a pair of scissors if it isn't. A lot less trouble.

12-24-2005, 02:30 PM
i agree this is a fantastic product, especially for a college kid

stealyourface
12-24-2005, 02:43 PM
cook with it next to the sink

12-24-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's too sloppy even for a kid who uses a Foreman grill and eats Ramen.

SackUp
12-24-2005, 03:06 PM
tin foil - make a little "boat" out of it

Blarg
12-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Very good.

P.S. the sink dealie may warrant an eventual bill from the plumber.

Jack of Arcades
12-24-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dumping grease into the sink is not a very good idea

B Dids
12-24-2005, 03:12 PM
The tin foil idea is best.

I have had two of these, and neither of them get warm enough to cook meat like i like, and there's better way to make sandwiches. I vote no.

Blarg
12-24-2005, 03:17 PM
I got one and I'm sorry I did. I don't know what possessed me to ... one of the few times I guess advertising really did a number on me.

Gimme a frying pan any day.

Maulik
12-24-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got one and I'm sorry I did. I don't know what possessed me to ... one of the few times I guess advertising really did a number on me.

Gimme a frying pan any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, why do you prefer the frying pan?

Blarg
12-24-2005, 03:45 PM
You can steam in it, do sauces in it, it's vastly easier to clean, you can get more fond on it(good for gravies) because more of the meat contacts the heated surface, the heat gradation is easier to get just right, it doesn't take up so much space, it's easier to fit oddly shaped pieces of food in.

Maulik
12-24-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do people dump grease?

Jack of Arcades
12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
uhhh.. trash can?

diebitter
12-24-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You collect it, let it harden, and then when you need it, you fry egg and chips (err, I mean freedom fries) in it.

Then you dump it down the sink.

surfinillini
12-24-2005, 04:04 PM
why don't you just goto any cookware store, i.e. crate and barrell or even the cookware section in a dept store, I'm sure you find a similar item that will work.

Benal
12-24-2005, 04:08 PM
I used to use it a lot, but found it a b!tch to clean. Havent used it in like 2 years...

Lazymeatball
12-24-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents collect bacon grease in coffee mugs in the freezer. Then they use it roast stuff for christmas dinner. yes, they're english.

diebitter
12-24-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My parents collect bacon grease in coffee mugs in the freezer. Then they use it roast stuff for christmas dinner. yes, they're english.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can spread it on bread to eat too, once hardened (actually this is more true of the fat coming from a joint of beef). It's called 'dripping' down our way.

12-24-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We use it all the time, let the grease harden. Put a wick in it and make it into a candle and give it as a christmas present

Alobar
12-24-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to use it a lot, but found it a b!tch to clean. Havent used it in like 2 years...

[/ QUOTE ]

the key is to clean it while its still really got. After you pull the meat off just rub it down with a wet paper towel (obviously with enough thickness so you dont burn yourself), takes like 10 seconds and it gets super clean.

Blarg
12-24-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can spread it on bread to eat too, once hardened (actually this is more true of the fat coming from a joint of beef). It's called 'dripping' down our way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very old world.

12-24-2005, 05:58 PM
those things look gross.

what can you cook in them?

smb394
12-24-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the key is to clean it while its still really got. After you pull the meat off just rub it down with a wet paper towel (obviously with enough thickness so you dont burn yourself), takes like 10 seconds and it gets super clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely the best/easiest way.

I like the Forman for cooking a burger when it's too cold to go outside and use the grill.

Jack of Arcades
12-24-2005, 07:54 PM
yeah, it makes decent burgers. It's not too hard to grill a bunch of stuff on it. we routinely use it for burgers, chicken, and stuff like that even though it's not absolutely necessary.

dblgutshot
12-24-2005, 08:40 PM
I have one and think it is useless.