PDA

View Full Version : Worst... Xmas Presents... Ever

12-24-2005, 01:03 PM
I got a box of [censored] cookies from my Uncle/Aunt in law an 3 [censored] toiletry kits. What the [censored]. Just because I'm from the states, they assume I can use a [censored] teflon bag to hold my toothbrush, toothpaste, and other [censored].

What dissapointing gifts did you get?

12-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh and 2 [censored] t-shirts that they bought for like 4$ at the flea market. WOW

Toro
12-24-2005, 01:12 PM
cmon, it's the thought that counts

12-24-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of thought is involved in cookies if you have your maids bake them? And yes.. i'm 99% sure their servants made them.

Blarg
12-24-2005, 01:20 PM
It reminds you that they're wealthy enough to have servants, which is a kindness if you ever expect to get some cash off them when they kick off.

Toro
12-24-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of thought is involved in cookies if you have your maids bake them? And yes.. i'm 99% sure their servants made them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maids? They have maids? Better be nice and stay on the right side so they don't cut you out of the Will.

SheetWise
12-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Does The Clap count? It was a belated gift.

12-24-2005, 01:23 PM
I make almost as much as their entire family does while in college. I bought them a nice bottle of champagne... anyone who makes over 40k US a year can have several servants easily.

Toro
12-24-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does The Clap count? It was a belated gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

daryn
12-24-2005, 01:25 PM
parliament,

i hate you.

-daryn

RandBriscoe
12-24-2005, 01:26 PM
There is a difference between servants and people you hire to come over and clean every so often. To say that making 40k/yr gets you servants is retarded... It gets you a weekly maid...

12-24-2005, 01:29 PM
parliament,

i hate you, even more than daryn does.

-guids

diebitter
12-24-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
parliament,

-guids

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate him too, but only cos I'm jealous of his present.

12-24-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
parliament,

-guids

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate him too, but only cos I'm jealous of his present.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, cookies when you are single, male, on his own, are an awesome present. I could go out and buy whatever I want, and most presents I receive while I do appreciate them, I usually have little to no use for them. But homeade cookies would be sweet. Also, I dont get the whole because he is in the states/teflon bag thing, is anyone else lost on that?

kipin
12-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Cookies would be flippin' sweet for Christmas.

As for you Parliament, you're a retard.

ReDeYES88
12-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Mom once got me one of these:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/10015951.gif

and one of these:

http://www.wagan.com/images/cushions/detail-9912_sm.gif

Apparently the woman thought I was going to drop out of college and drive a taxi.

She does way too much shopping on QVC

mostsmooth
12-24-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a difference between servants and people you hire to come over and clean every so often. To say that making 40k/yr gets you servants is retarded... It gets you a weekly maid...

[/ QUOTE ]
im pretty sure parl knows whether they are weekend maids or full time servants. im also pretty sure parls relatives live in some other country, perhaps an asian country. perhaps an asian country with lots of flips?

chesspain
12-24-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
parliament,

-guids

[/ QUOTE ]

I find Parliamant to be rather impressive--since it's not often that a new poster goes from douchebag to troll in less than twenty-four hours.

diebitter
12-24-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
parliament,

-guids

[/ QUOTE ]

I find Parliamant to be rather impressive--since it's not often that a new poster goes from douchebag to troll in less than twenty-four hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That's an interesting perspective. I saw it more as a bathtub effect.

Troll (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4267820&an=&page=0&v c=1) --> douchebag --> Troll

(and it takes a real lot for me to suggest someone's posting too much)

Luv2DriveTT
12-24-2005, 01:52 PM
A $50 check from my mother. Its what I got this year. You would think that after 37 years she care enough to try to get me a gift. Very disappointing.

PS: I bought her a 5MP Digital Camera & photo printer. I'm a good son /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Blarg
12-24-2005, 01:58 PM
She probably just doesn't see it that way. She may figure you'd know better than her what you want.

Heck, you may even be a pain in the ass who is hard to please and not worth the effort when it comes to gift-giving LOL.

Maybe you're too critical.

12-24-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A $50 check from my mother. Its what I got this year. You would think that after 37 years she care enough to try to get me a gift. Very disappointing.

PS: I bought her a 5MP Digital Camera & photo printer. I'm a good son /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what my parents get me every year. If I dont give them an actual list of stuff that I want they just cut me a check for 5 or 6 hundo. Its cool, but takes the fun out of it.

henrikrh
12-24-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I make almost as much as their entire family does while in college. I bought them a nice bottle of champagne... anyone who makes over 40k US a year can have several servants easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you make so much then why are you obsessing about a few presents, someone should give you something like direction, or purpose. Seeing people far wealthier than me who are bitter and unhappy always gets to me. How are you making so much money anyways? P***r?

Blarg
12-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Professional knife fighter.

mostsmooth
12-24-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i would like my mother to just give me a check.

Blarg
12-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I thought people were going to pipe in more with suggestions of their own.

Here are some of my worst received ones:

An album chosen by your mom who doesn't know your musical taste or think it matters much, since all the crap you listen to is pretty much the same anyway.

Underwear.

Socks.

Joseph Busti
12-24-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You would think that after 37 years

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored]? You look 25.

Tron
12-24-2005, 02:47 PM
You are embarrassing Reggie Bush and the rest of SC.

Toro
12-24-2005, 03:12 PM
This wasn't the worst present I ever got but I made the poor giver feel like it was. This was probably 5th grade and the teacher had us all pick a name of a classmate to give a christmas gift. This happened probably right after Thanksgiving and a girl in the class who I assume by her actions probably had a crush on me got my name.

I was definitely uninterested in females at this age so it all went over my head. Anyway everyday for the 3 weeks leading up to the present exchange she would come up to me every chance she got and tell how much I was going to love this present.

It got so that I was actually really looking forward to the present she was building it up so much. The fateful day comes and this sweet young girl gives the present with anticipation in her eyes. Well what happened next would make a good Party Poker commercial with all the people with bad poker faces.

I opened the gift and it was a hand knitted scarf(by the hands of the sweet young thing). I was a polite little(well not so little as I was the tallest kid in the class but I digress) kid and would never do anything to be cruel. But I didn't like the present and it must have showed in my face because she started crying. And nothing I said could convince her that I liked the scarf, even wearing it all Winter.

To this day, I still feel bad about hurting that girl's feelings.

Blarg
12-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Ow. That's a sad story. Poor the both of you.

I was a clumsy kid plenty often, too. I guess everybody has some thoughtless things they really wish they could take back and still feel bad about.

The girl sounds adorable by the way. Funny how stories involving bungling things with girls are so easy to remember, even when they're not sexual.

HopeydaFish
12-24-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With your sparkling personality I'm surprised that anyone feels compelled to get you anything at Christmas. Maybe the toiletries and t-shirts are all your aunt and uncle can stomach getting their douchebag nephew?

bigt439
12-24-2005, 03:52 PM
I once got an ex-girlfriend a couple presents, which included some massage oils and a sexual board game (and then a sweater or some [censored]). Anyways, our parents were kind of friends so we decided to do a big Christmas thing together. I didn't realise we were going to open presents then, but that's what they decided to do. It was too late.

So in front of her parents, my mom, my 15 year old sister, 11 year old brother, and her 25 year old brother she opens up massage oils followed by the this raunchy board game called "Climaxxx". The tag line on the box said something like, "For once the first one to come loses". Boy that was awkward. I wonder which family member was most appalled.

Blarg
12-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Now that's a good story.

My aunt was the queen of this stuff, but on purpose. She would always give sex toys to my mom and dad, and goofy sex themed underwear to the teenage kids. She was a riot, and did get my mom to blush a few times. We would always wonder what the heck she was up to this time when opening up stuff from her.

plaster8
12-24-2005, 04:48 PM
When I was 13, I really wanted an electric guitar for Christmas.

That morning, my sister barged into my room at 6 a.m. to wake me up, shouting, "You won't believe what they got you!" I just wanted to sleep, but I got up, very groggy, and staggered into the living room, where a gleaming blue electric guitar was leaning against the wall.

Excited, I ran over to it and grabbed it from the wall. Immediately I realized I'd been had -- my parents had purchased me a cardboard cutout of an electric guitar.

I was very, very pissed at the time. But I think it's great now, almost 20 years later.

Redd
12-24-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I was 13, I really wanted an electric guitar for Christmas.

That morning, my sister barged into my room at 6 a.m. to wake me up, shouting, "You won't believe what they got you!" I just wanted to sleep, but I got up, very groggy, and staggered into the living room, where a gleaming blue electric guitar was leaning against the wall.

Excited, I ran over to it and grabbed it from the wall. Immediately I realized I'd been had -- my parents had purchased me a cardboard cutout of an electric guitar.

I was very, very pissed at the time. But I think it's great now, almost 20 years later.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty awesome; sounds like a great way to make a serial killer.

Worst present I can think of off the top of my head was a two-for-one coupon from a flyer for one of those '3d turbo rides' in a nearby mall.

captZEEbo1
12-24-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I once got an ex-girlfriend a couple presents, which included some massage oils and a sexual board game (and then a sweater or some [censored]). Anyways, our parents were kind of friends so we decided to do a big Christmas thing together. I didn't realise we were going to open presents then, but that's what they decided to do. It was too late.

So in front of her parents, my mom, my 15 year old sister, 11 year old brother, and her 25 year old brother she opens up massage oils followed by the this raunchy board game called "Climaxxx". The tag line on the box said something like, "For once the first one to come loses". Boy that was awkward. I wonder which family member was most appalled.

[/ QUOTE ]WTF? Why didn't you just leave the presents in the car or something and give it to her later?

dblgutshot
12-24-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Why didn't you just leave the presents in the car or something and give it to her later?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because the story is fictional.

bigt439
12-24-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]WTF? Why didn't you just leave the presents in the car or something and give it to her later?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I didn't realise we were exchanging presents in front of everyone so I brought them inside to give to her after everyone left. They were already under the tree so I couldn't really say, uhhhh, don't open that, although in retrospect that would've been way less awkward. Meh, makes for a good story anyways.

12-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I spent $2 on my best friends gift this year, though it was a gold zippo. I got three others too. For his birthday last year I gave him handcuff keys. He always loves my gifts, despite the horrible cheapness of them.

gabbahh
12-24-2005, 06:17 PM
I think last years Tsunami was a pretty crappy Xmas present.

Luv2DriveTT
12-24-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what my parents get me every year. If I dont give them an actual list of stuff that I want they just cut me a check for 5 or 6 hundo. Its cool, but takes the fun out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a 0 away. Not much I can do with $50.00... so a check is worthless to me.

Luv2DriveTT
12-24-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She probably just doesn't see it that way. She may figure you'd know better than her what you want.

Heck, you may even be a pain in the ass who is hard to please and not worth the effort when it comes to gift-giving LOL.

Maybe you're too critical.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes yes and yes. I know she doesn't have a lot of money, thats not the issue. But if she is going to spend $50 (which is totally cool with me) then she should at least choose something for me rather than give me a check every year. Its lame, its todays economy that buys me a good lunch (not enough for a gourmet NYC dinner), so I'd rather get a gift that came from her heart.

phx
12-24-2005, 08:17 PM
socks!

Luv2DriveTT
12-24-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
socks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take socks anyday over a $50 check from my mom year after year.

vexvelour
12-24-2005, 08:35 PM
I once recieved a fake gold and fake turquoise broach (fancy pin) that was supposted to be a roadrunner from a senile great-aunt. I was 11 at the time and had no idea what to do with it. I threw it out.

She also sent me a little girl's version of a Seinfeld pirate shirt that I refused to wear. Worst year ever.

However, she died last year and left me a lot of money and I bought myself an RX8 for Xmas. Best present ever.

dblgutshot
12-24-2005, 08:37 PM
I like getting socks and underwear, so useful.

$50 cheque would be fine IMO, deposit it and just forget about it.

Blarg
12-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Wow. Well worth the wait.

Los Feliz Slim
12-24-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
socks!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is making me sad. Please PM me your addy so I can send you some socks.

Lazymeatball
12-25-2005, 01:23 AM
I think when I was 10 my grandma sent me a bunch of Rainbow Brite coloring books. Everyone in my (immediate) family thought that was a pretty crappy gift.

SmileyEH
12-25-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm holding out for not receiving any presents. I hate the materialism and getting stuff I don't want.

-SmileyEH

roxtar
12-25-2005, 04:17 AM
I got a jar of peanut butter when I was about 11 from my megatazillionaire aunt that used to babysit me, she said it was because all I ever wanted to eat for lunch was PB&J sandwiches.

12-25-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
socks!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Solution: every year, endorse the check over to me and I'll send you some socks.

gobboboy
12-25-2005, 04:55 AM
Be thankful for what you get, I'm sure a lot of people on the forum get a lot less, myself included.

That being said, yes, things you use in the bathroom are terrible presents. I got freaking deodorant one year. What message does THAT send?

12-25-2005, 06:59 AM
When I was 14 I got a pack of 101 Dalmation trading cards from my aunt.

gorie
12-25-2005, 12:20 PM
you sound like a brat.
also, knowing you got them what you think is an awesome present should be pleasing enough to make up for receiving something you weren't very excited about.

tubalkain
12-25-2005, 01:06 PM
I didn't get any p***r stuff. I'm happy.