PDA

View Full Version : Tripps from the BB- hows my line?

checkmate36
12-24-2005, 11:20 AM
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP2 is a rock and CO is calling station.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Decided to bet right out. They will probably think my bet is a bluff at the 3. Then again who says these players think at this limit. I know they like to call so let them do what they do best, call.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

I hoped if I checked someone would bet and not think I have the 3. Calling station probably wouldn't bet so that leaves the rock. I got lucky and he bet. Too much risk trying to get more loot with my hand? Would suck if turn gets checked through.

River: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Thanks for any thoughts on this one.

testaaja
12-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Looks good to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif as you said checking the turn is risky. I'd bet the turn but it went good when the rock bet.

btspider
12-24-2005, 11:38 AM
i hate that this could have gone to the river with only 1 SB going in.

12-24-2005, 11:45 AM
I think that you have to bet out on the turn. It worked out for you here but you can't take the chance of letting it check through. You would be giving any flush or straight draw a free card.

checkmate36
12-24-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i hate that this could have gone to the river with only 1 SB going in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the reason I posted it. I think I took too much risk and it worked out well this time. Poker is a game where you can play bad and get paid and feel you did a good job when in reality you may have cost yourself loot. Still not sure how I will play it next time. Will probably bet out on turn.

12-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Nice CR

bisonbison
12-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Bet the turn.

You bet the flop, representing hearts, a 9 or a 3. The turn is lower than the flop high card. Who is going to bet this for you? Often, no one.

Bet the turn.

HouseCalls
12-24-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still not sure how I will play it next time. Will probably bet out on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too

bozlax
12-24-2005, 05:41 PM
If you're going to c/r this hand, anywhere, do it on the flop. I don't want any street checking through, tho, so I just lean on the bet button until somebody gives me a reason not to.