PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN!

12-24-2005, 08:27 AM
What's the biggest/most expensive thing you've ever stolen from a retail store?

In 6th grade, I used to play this game Warhammer and probably took over $1500 in those stupid pewter models overtime. Looking back on it, I know it wasn't right to do but we all make mistakes.

Now on to you kleptos. Anything big?

henrikrh
12-24-2005, 08:29 AM
A piece of candy or something, like 10 cents in value at most. You sicken me.

12-24-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that sickens you, then you must be an anally uptight bitch.

WackityWhiz
12-24-2005, 08:50 AM
I plead the fifth!

Yeti
12-24-2005, 08:51 AM
I stole a mouse mat from uni a few weeks ago. I think that's the biggest.

henrikrh
12-24-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that sickens you, then you must be an anally uptight bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I just believe in the virtue of following the law, what bothers me is your attitude to stealing, not the stealing.

diebitter
12-24-2005, 08:55 AM
I stole the album of the Stranglers 'Black and White' in Black and White vinyl.

I never stole anything else, ever (I think).

darkcore
12-24-2005, 09:02 AM
a comic book for $2. i was eight years old...

Brainwalter
12-24-2005, 09:04 AM
A case of beer. I regret it but I couldn't buy it.

Slow Play Ray
12-24-2005, 09:08 AM
I stole a Mad Libs from the school book fair when I was like 8 - I felt so guilty I turned myself in. Master thief I am not...

12-24-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looking back on it, I know it wasn't right to do but we all make mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this attitude towards stealing piss you off? Stop acting so self-righteous

henrikrh
12-24-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this attitude towards stealing piss you off? Stop acting so self-righteous

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more of the wording of the whole thread as a brag post, the /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the title and just being uptight about the fact aht you called me uptight. I deem you to be an inferior human being, get over it. How's that for self-righteous?

Edit: I figure the tone of my post got it across, but basically I call truce, on with the thread.

12-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Not everything you post in OOT has to be about being proud if - it can be funny, interesting, embarrassing or a combination of 3324323 of factors.

The heart was chosen cause I think it looks better then the folder. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

tonypaladino
12-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Parliamant,

You've been here for a day and a half and started 3 lame-ass threads. I know you're excited about oot, but just [censored] relax.

henrikrh
12-24-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not everything you post in OOT has to be about being proud if - it can be funny, interesting, embarrassing or a combination of 3324323 of factors.

The heart was chosen cause I think it looks better then the folder. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand in defence of the folder which is actually a book.

tubalkain
12-24-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In 6th grade, I used to play this game Warhammer and probably took over $1500 in those stupid pewter models overtime. Looking back on it, I know it wasn't right to do but we all make mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone should post random numbers of stars here and you should figure out what they really mean.

henrikrh
12-24-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone should post random numbers of stars here and you should figure out what they really mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a lot of posts about giving people stars.

It was a decent discussion point, and me and the OP hijacked the thread accidentally. Definently no *s to be handed out here.

Sponger15SB
12-24-2005, 12:49 PM
This...

http://www.giahongkong.com/Graphics/Hope%20Diamond.jpg

man
12-24-2005, 12:56 PM
I got fired from star market for stealing food on break. it was the first time I'd done it, and I only did it because my friend said "yeah you don't have to pay for food around here." he was wrong, it turns out.

Escape
12-24-2005, 12:59 PM
I once stole a snicker because I couldn't hold 4 l of beer (One l/bottle) and a snicker at once. I suck

Toro
12-24-2005, 01:03 PM
When I was about 10 years old my friend and I stole some candy bars. Instead of just eating them on the street or whatever we took them back to my house and were eating them and laughing when my mother walked in. She got to the bottom of it in no time flat and made me go back to the store, apologize and pay for the candy.

I was so embarassed that I never stole anything again ever.

trying2learn
12-24-2005, 01:11 PM
when i was a freshman in college there was this really cool record store across from the university...kindof an underground/indie store. anyway, they bought and sold cd's...so i used to ask the guy what cd's were in demand, make a list, go to WOW and steal them, sell them to the guy for say 4$ apiece, he'd sell them for 8 or 9 and everyone was happy. kids got the punk/hardcore cd's they wanted for cheaper, and i made a little money and felt like robin hood.

this lasted for maybe two months. but i (of course) got cocky and greedy. i was literally packing 8-10 cd's out of the store at once at one point.

so i get caught...and get this...they DON'T call the cops! they did take my picture and tell me to never come back in the store again...which pretty much scared the hell out of me. i've never stolen another thing since.

funny side note to the story. it's been 8 years or so since then...so I've been back in the store to buy things since then. however, EVERYTIME i walk out of the store i get an anxious feeling when i get close to the area where the guy stopped me the original time i got caught. i still feel guilty walking out...even though i haven't done anything wrong since.

sorry about the long post...but that's my stealing tale.

David04
12-24-2005, 02:04 PM
I used to steal basically everythingwhen I was in 8th and 9th grade. I probably stole around $1000 worth of stuff, in a year or two(mostly videogames I stole to sell)

But anyways, eventually I got caught at Target with a couple of games, had to pay ~$500 for $45 worth of games, and I can't be on Target property(even in a parking lot) without an adult until I am 18.

miajag81
12-24-2005, 02:10 PM
I went through a klepto phase where I was 10 or 11, stole packs of baseball cards ($1-$3) all the time. My parents catching me put a stop to that.

dankhank
12-24-2005, 03:02 PM
i stole two small boxes of ti-83 and ti-89 calculators from a college textbook store i worked at a few years ago. i was in charge of electronics inventory so it was pretty easy. the store was moving locations basically, so people were lugging bins of stuff down the street constantly to the other store location. one sunday morning while doing electronics inventory in the basement, i put the two boxes in a plastic bin, went upstairs, walked past the cashier, out the front door, and then instead of turning down the street towards the other store i put the boxes in an alley behind the store instead and brought the bin back in. then on my lunch break i carried the boxes to my car. a few months later i sold them on ebay for about ~$1000 profit, when i needed money for rent.

i did get pretty nervous and paranoid after i'd done this, especially when a couple days later my boss asked me to go and count our entire calculator stock. i thought maybe she wanted me to put down numbers in writing, and then she'd have someone else count them and see the inventory was off. but in actuality it was due to the fall semester starting soon. there is a lot of theft of calculators during book rush, so she wanted to get an accurate count before anything got stolen.

i did this on literally my last week of work at this place, and yes you could describe it as a low point in my life. i was working a horrible job and living at home with my parents, however, it was while avoiding work at this job that i read a ny times article about chris moneymaker.

MikeNaked
12-24-2005, 03:15 PM
When I was 11, my friends and I stole a van. They were 13 so they drove most of the time. We went to the mall in the city about 20 minutes away. We got that sucker up to 95! When it was my turn to drive, they put me in a quiet, residential neighborhood. I immediately plowed into a lamppost and a parked car. We ran like hell.

In the following weeks, guilt consumed me. I left my t-shirt in the car and had dreams that the police would publish a photo of it in the newspaper and I would be caught. I was so wracked with shame that I told my mom what happened. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maulik
12-24-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I was 11, my friends and I stole a van. They were 13 so they drove most of the time. We went to the mall in the city about 20 minutes away. We got that sucker up to 95! When it was my turn to drive, they put me in a quiet, residential neighborhood. I immediately plowed into a lamppost and a parked car. We ran like hell.

In the following weeks, guilt consumed me. I left my t-shirt in the car and had dreams that the police would publish a photo of it in the newspaper and I would be caught. I was so wracked with shame that I told my mom what happened. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How did your mother respond?

JonPKibble
12-24-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever open up a store, let me know. Obviously you won't mind if I help myself to a few things.

handsome
12-24-2005, 05:09 PM
From a retail store: I stole a robe from Macy's.

From other places... wow. The list goes on. Anyway that's past me now.

silkyslim
12-24-2005, 05:17 PM
i stole magic cards from everywhere they sold them. probably a total of a grand worth in 2 years. ive never stole anything big.

siccjay
12-24-2005, 06:01 PM
I stole lots of 1988 Topps baseball cards. Karma is a bitch.

Duke
12-24-2005, 06:23 PM
I once walked out of an ACO hardware store with some nail clippers that I forgot I had in my pocket. I went right back in and paid for them.

~D

hobbsmann
12-24-2005, 06:50 PM
A bunch of warhammer stuff like OP when I was in 8th grade I think. Probably the single biggest fleecing was when a group of 3 of us stole a total of $500 worth of goods.

M0n3y0nf1r3
12-24-2005, 07:04 PM
NH Silky,... I was sooo sure when I lost some of those cards form the PTQ that it was you !!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
-$

Klepton
12-24-2005, 07:40 PM
i've never stolen anything from anyone.

phx
12-24-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl brilliant

Sponger15SB
12-24-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember the time you ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl Carlo? Why did I have the bowl?

MikeNaked
12-24-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did your mother respond?

[/ QUOTE ]

She got all weepy and laid on the guilt. How could she have possibly raised a son like me?

Then she told the police officer at my school and I gave a deposition. I had to spray poop outta kennels at the local humane society for 40 hours.

BradleyT
12-25-2005, 02:18 AM
Got fired from my first job (15 years ago) for stealing a 2-liter of Purple Passion and a 12 pack of Miller Lite bottles.

12-25-2005, 02:40 AM
This wasn't me but a guy I knew used to work at a restaurant that sold beer. He was usually the last person to leave in the afternoon when they closed (they only did breakfast and lunch). The way it worked was the boss would lock the doors and leave then he would clean the place and leave, the doors would lock automatically behind him.

One day he decided to steal a case of beer from the fridge. He brought the case upstairs and set it down on the table right in front of the door. He goes outside to pull his car around front and **click**, the door closes and locks behind him. Needless to say he was fired when the boss came in the next morning and found the evidence of his attempted thievery.

VarlosZ
12-25-2005, 02:42 AM
Ho-Hos and smoke bombs and the like for a few weeks in 5th grade (give or take). That was stupid.

lighterjobs
12-25-2005, 02:42 AM
someone stole the mouse off my computer so i stole a mouse from my school's library the other day.

everytime i go in there now i feel like someone is looking over my shoulder.

12-25-2005, 02:49 AM
I used to work at Kmart and the drinking fountain in teh breakroom didnt work, so before i went on break i used to take a bottle of water every time off the shelve.

I worked there for 2 years and worked usualy 3 nights a week. So yea i guess i did my part in bankruptign the company

tonypaladino
12-25-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

12-25-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i stole magic cards from everywhere they sold them. probably a total of a grand worth in 2 years. ive never stole anything big.

[/ QUOTE ]

When i was in middle shool, my friend and i used to heist magic cards. but, on a bigger scale.

they were a rip off anyway.

ps- dont steal its bad karma. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kyro
12-25-2005, 04:36 PM
There's a candy bin where I work. $0.25 for 3 pieces of candy. I forgot my money one day and took one piece of candy and deposited the only penny I had in the bin, promising myself I'd pay it back later. I have yet to do so. So, I have stolen about $0.08 worth of items in my life.